Height/weight differences...

i really hate it when a size 12 is called chunky - i have a top on at the moment from Mango - its a US10 - (which i think makes a UK14) and its labelled as XL... ???

I personally think that a size 12 is not chunky as such but it is more about how you feel. A size 12 is big for me, I can feel the extra weight, it hurts my knees and ankles and gets in the way of me sitting down because my belly creases up. I do not walk down the street and look at women who may or may not be a size 12 and think they are chunky, but me, yes I am harsher to myself. I just found a picture on Facebook of me at a size 12 and my heaviest and I do look big in it. I will post it if I feel brave enough with a picture now and I think most will agree I do look 'chunky' like it. Mind you I am stood next to my size 8 daughters!

Sunshine Flower, I meant me personally, I am 'chunky' at a size 12 because the weight doesn't distribute evenly and I look bulky. That doesn't mean that everyone at a size 12 looks chunky but I DO.

wkdstepmum said:
Sunshine Flower, I meant me personally, I am 'chunky' at a size 12 because the weight doesn't distribute evenly and I look bulky. That doesn't mean that everyone at a size 12 looks chunky but I DO.

I'm sorry if I was rude x really didn't mean to

Oh no, you weren't rude at all, it's hard to tell tone in these messages! I just didn't want to make you feel bad, everyone carries weight differently. My friend's a size 12 and she's like Kelly Brook...me at 12 is more like Danny DeVito! ;)

Cool x

Back