hello and advice please

well after all my moaning weigh in this morning 13st 10lb, 4lb loss, have dropped calories to 1200 and did 6 miles on tues and thurs at the gym, at last things are moving again, not bad as is my totm. so on balance 11lbs in 6 weeks so balancing out well.
mbi is reading as 35.1

any know why my weight tracker has gone from my postings
sorry, it is back
i can not edit my tracker, have lost 2lb have been ill and did not eat much first week and made up for it last week, so am pleased with 2lb was not even going to weight myself this week, so glad i did.

Last edited:
Hi there just thought I'd add my thoughts about BMI. My BMI has me at 'overweight' whereas my body fat % is in the middle of the 'healthy' range.

I have one of those posh body segmental analysers and apparently I have a high muscle mass which explains why my BMI makes me 'overweight' but really the amount of fat I have makes me healthy (too much fat in my opinion but that's another story)

So I wouldn't be too concerned about BMI as it does have its drawbacks.

BTW you're making a lot of progress with your weightloss - well done. I've not really lost anything for months, and before that I was only losing at the very most 1/2 - 1 pound a week (despite lots of exercise). It's definitely harder to lose the weight than it is to put it on.

Stef

u know even though you are overweight you should still be eating a certain number of calories if you are doing a lot of exerise. 1200 is quite low for doing 6 miles especially if you are active on top of that, maybe you could eat a little more on those days but make it like a promax diet bar after youve exercised, this is about 200 kcal a bar but its got 20g protein in it as well as CLA and loads vits and minerals, plus its tastes amazing, you can also get the proamx shake which has about 30g protein per serving so will help keep ur body muscle level up to prevent it being broken down during exercise.

muscles need calories to be maintained and the more muscle you keep the quicker your body fat levels will drop. if you dont want to increase to above 1200kal a day then try to make the meals smaller but more frequently so your body is getting protein every 2-3hrs and protein rich food like with chicken, turkey, even quorn and dark green vegetables should be easy to incorporate into your diet throughout the day

thanks for all the advice, i dropped to 1200 calories from 1500 as the weight was not moving but luck for me it is moving again.

well put 1 on last week but dropped 2 this week.

it least i am going in the right direction, had a car accident last week and have not been to the gym as often as i would like. so am happy with 2 pounds this week.

another 2 off, i am aiming to have lost 2 stones by the time i go on holiday, so that is another 8 pounds in 8 weeks, i think i can do it.

Sorry to hear about your car accident and hope you're ok. Good luck with your weight loss, looks like you're doing well. xxx

Sorry to hear about your car accident and hope you're ok. Good luck with your weight loss, looks like you're doing well. xxx
thank you, it is mainly back and neck pains so have had to restrict what i do in the gym.

another 2 pounds off, still want to have 2 stones off by holiday time so aiming for 6 pounds to get off and 7 weeks to do it in. it can and will be done.

did not get to post on saturday but pleased to report another 2 pounds off, so still on target to have 2 stone off my 28th june. so that is 4 pounds to loss and 6 weeks to do it.

Hi FB!

I think you should drop down to 1200 calories a day and try for 3 or 4 sessions a week at the gym.

I try to do 30 mins cardio, find 3 machines and do 10 on each, stretch, 25 mins of weights, some sit ups and stretch. Drink 2 - 3 litres of water and and what wokred for me was:

breakfast 7am
mid morning snack - 10.30
lunch - 12.30
snack - 2.30
sanck - 4pm
dinner - 5.30 or 6
snack - tea and piece of fruit or low fat hot chocdrink 7pm

Bed around 9.30

I exercised either mid morning or afternoon before dinner.

Keep in touch
Brenda
X

Hi there,
7lbs is great and you are definately going in the right direction - don't get disheartened, drink more water it usually helps and try reading through some of the other threads/blogs, I've found it sooo motivating - keep it up. Lucy

well no lose last week but 2lb this week, so still on for 2 stones off before holiday 28/6/ so that is 3 weeks to get 2lb off.
i go to the gym 3 times a week and do on average 16/18 miles, and do stick to 1200 calories, i am happy as to how i am going, but starting to worry about being good on holiday for 2 weeks.

1 more pound off this week, boy it gets harder as the pounds come off. was shopping for holiday clothes and bought a pair of cut off white jeans in Peacocks, i had to get the size 10, the other sizes were far too big, really think there is a problem with their sizing. i am really a 14/16.

1 pound off this week, so i acheived my mini target off 2 stone off by holiday time and had made it with a week to spare. will have to try really hard not to put on while i am away.

well i am back, put 7lbs on while on holiday but have got 3lbs of these off again. wish i could take them off as quickly as i put them on.

you've done so well FB.
If things slow down at the gym then consider a session or do with a personal trainer!! They are not as expensive as you think and are not there for the celeb underweight world!!
I have a chronic back problem and several other ailments and was very surprised at the knowledge of the personal trainer. You may get to a point where your 6 miles in the gym might not be the best to keep things going. AND I totally agree the more you lose the harder it is to lose.
I have set myself a mini goal of 10 lbs to a stone for August whereas my personal trainer is focusing more on getting my body fat percentage down by about 7%. He even sent me shopping straight after the session as he was not impressed by how little I was eating. He has made my main meal - late lunchtimeish and a LIGHT salad for tea. Oh yeah - you need to eat brekkie too!!! I guess this is much better to deal with in the long term rather than really cutting down as I do enjoy my food. So use the expertise and vary the exercises!!
Your ticker has not changed but u seem to be losing weight - whats happened?
take care
x

Back