hello and advice please

thats ounds ok, just keep it light and not within 30 minutes or so of going to the gym.
its gone wrong for e today as have eaten a whole pizza, some fries and a tub of 1 litre ice cream!!!! i dont know what i was thinking... :(
will try not to dwell as september is a couple of days away and will aim to start again properly after the weekend as heads soooo not in it.
let me know how your body pump class goes.
x

i have found today hard as i was off work today, was in boots today and i just had to weigh myself, weighin is tomorrow 12.00 approx and my weight has not changed from last week, so am beating myself up about that, even went out and bought the slimming world mag and thinking about a total change.

thats great - the fact that you went out and bought the magazine means to want to take control. i have just had a very bad week in terms of life in general and feel its just getting worse so unfortunately i turn to food at such times. enough said and hope i can regain control.
good luck with your weigh in today. let us know how it goes.
x

i weigh the same as i did yesterday, so no loss this week.i am eating 1200 calories a day, but 3 days a week i burn 500 approx at the gym, should i be upping my calories a little on these days?

what sort of foods are you eating as part of your daily intake?
i wouldnt worry too much as you will probably see a loss next week.
How much water are you managing to get down you too?plus you might actually have started to build some muscle which weighs more - sometimes its worth checking your body fat % as that will give you an indication as to whats going on too. at least you have not put on which to be honest is also allowed if your body fat % is going down.
im still binge eating so dread to think how much i have put on. have told myself will start again on monday as not in the right mindset yet.
x

breakfasts are oats so simple or special k, lunch soup and yoghert or tuna salad or fruit salad dinner baked potatoes or fish and salad or crispy pancakes and a few chips, or 2 poached eggs on toast, try to eat a piece of fruit in the morning, treat in the evening with a cup of coffee 2 merigue nests. approx 1200 per day, water try for 2 x 500mls per day of water.

it sounds ok so hopefully you will start losing.
sorry for not responding sooner but not managing to get onto minimins at home for some reason but will try and get it sorted.
speak soon
x

well went to bodypump class tonite, it was hard not as fit as i thought.

well done you"!!!
you just go at your own pace - the classes are not simply about fitness but coordination!!! at least in the gym you can take things at your own pace. Just go at your own pace in the classes and dont feel that you have to compete to stay in time with the others. Its YOUR journey so dont worry. I went for tea at my mums and wasnt too bad. I did go to the gym for 45 mins this evening as hadnt done any exrecise since Sunday where i have managed to get the biggest bruise on my hip from netball - YES - netball of all sports!!! lol
x

i was hoping for the back of the class but ended up at the front, it was hard seeing my reflection in the mirror for over an hour, normally avoid those. glad i did it and will go back next week, just not sure if i can manage 5 miles in the gym tomorrow, will make that decision tomorrow when i try to walk. on another diet site it said for my height and weight i should be on 1850 calories, surely not.

thats if you want to maintain your weight but to lose needs to be lower. Try not to eat too late and when things slow down start varying the exercises as 5 miles is a lot!!! but if thats all youre doing then i guess its ok. But you dont want to keep focusing on the same muscle groups so classes and other equipmentt in the gym will help everything else stay in proportion too.
Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. Hope you see a change
x

thanks, are you back on the straight and narrow after your little stumble?

havent put any on but just had a dinner party and now im left with the cleaning up so thought id come on here first. i didnt eat much to be honest as was trying to be a good host. everyone was so stuffed that unfortunately im left with most of the desert. I tried to pack as much food for them to take home so that i wasnt stuck with it all in the house, so all in all think im doing ok. hope youre weigh in goes ok.
x

no, it did not go well, 2 lbs on and i really do not know what i have done wrong, think a total change may be in order, was calorie counting, so may give slimming world a try.

Last edited:
it is worth trying whats out there
ive not done anything this time to lose the weight other than healthier eating and exercise and although slow - its working.
i wouldnt worry about it too much. how are your clothes feeling? it might just be that youre gonna have a bigger loss next week.
hope slimming world works for u
x

i genuinely feel smaller this week and clothes feel losser. but you always want the scales to say a lose don't you.do not know were to start with slimming world, bought this months mag today after going to boots to be weighed, i only bought the last months copy last friday and have only glanced at it.so am going to have a look at the slimming world pages here and their own web site.

sounds like a plan and i know what you mean about the scales - i am urging mine to go lower and lower each time i step on them!!!!
good luck with slimming world - thats one i never tried but know friends who have done well on it.
x

well, better news this week, lost 3 lbs so am now back to the weight i was before going on holiday at the end of june, madness that it has taken 9 weeks to loss 7lbs. i hope the next 2 stones comes off quicker.

hi,
Ive only just found this thread, well done for your loss, dont expect it to come off too quick, it took me almost 4 months to loose a stone, I was sometimes having fruit for breakfast and lunch (I know that isnt healthy), I was also going to the gym 3 times a week.., now I have a decent breakfast and lunch my weight has gone to a stand still and I still go to the gym, I've now started my last attempt of looseing the weight by cutting out junk food for a few months even though I only have the odd biscuit and yeah I know my bmi is normal but i'm a bit vain :p , I dont want to be a stick though..

Last edited:
i think if it was easy no one would be over weight, you are doing well, it is just very annoying when you really feel that you have been good but you do not get a lose on the scales. i have lost x amount sounds better that my clothes feel smaller.

Back