hello and advice please

sabina, started at the beginning of march and had a mini target of 2 stone off by the time i went on holiday 28/6/ did it with a week to spare, put 7 lbs on but have got 3lb off last week so only 4lb more to get me back to where i left off. ticker was changed to reflect the weight gain and then loss.

wow - youve done so well!!! a 7lb gain on holiday is not bad and youve managed to take some of it off so keep going. the fact that you reached your goal with time to spare screams dedication. So I'm sure with more mini goals you will get to your target.
x

i am getting there, slowly but surely, 2 more pounds off this week. i am planning to book a cruise for next year, dread to think what weight i would need to get down to so that i could enjoy the plentiful food supply on board.

did you book your cruise? and have you set yourself a new target weight loss to go with it?
im still having the personal training sessions but really struggling with the whole 3 meals a day this week. am tending to skip brekkie which i know is not good but still managed to lose a little. I know i am losing slowly but i can see that i am toning. So even if i lose half a pound a week - eventually that will add up to something. keep us informed of the progress.
x

sabina, i am using my tesco deals so have sent them off to be coverted so when i get them back i will be booking, lost 1 lb this week quite disappointed, but someone on another site sent me a sheet she had done for charting weight lose and she has done it for 1lb a week which is sensible, if i did that i would be 9st 6lb by the time i went on holiday june next year. really could not imagine me at that weight.

that is how i am thinking now. even half a pound to a pound a week is something. ive had a few bad days so have undone some of the work but decided that will get back on track tomorrow morning. If i can manage to just maintain this week then that would be a miracle and will learn from it. I think we expect to lose it all very quickly and want results straight away which unless youre on a very low calorie diet youre not going to see such big results.
like you said if you keep going with the 1lb a week then you will have reached a low weight that you might not even want to be, so take comfort in that and hope that tesco sort out the tickets. I bet it will be great shopping for your cruise clothes closer to the time as im definite the size will be very different to what you are now. dont give up!!!!
x

i will not give up, as i weight in on a saturday morning i do not beat myself up about my lose/lack of and enjoy the rest of the day and have a bottle of wine and nibbles. i am up for the gym for 10am sunday so i know i can work that little bit harder to compensate.i was going to say i hate when people lose like 3 lbs at a time, but that was me last week, how quickly you forget things and dwell on the negatives.

yes, youre right, we have to remember the positive weeks we have whenever things dont seem to be going quite right. hope you enjoy the gym. im off there too now.
x

Hi Sabina and Fatbunny, just read this thread and thought I would pop on and say hello, hi!

Are you both calorie counting?

Brenda
X

no - just trying to control portions and what i eat. and exercise. i am finding that when i stick to it, obviously it works and i feel that i would rather lose it this way, slowly and healthily as it tends to stay off better for me when i lose it this way. When i have the big losses - i tended to put the majority of it back on. Not doing great with the healthy eating this week but am not too worried as will get back on track.
i guess it depends how much you want to lose and for me right now i want to sneak back into the healthy bmi range of 24.9. then anything else is a bonus. Brenda, I see youre very close to a normal bmi so im guessing your taller than me. Im 5 ft 6. If i could just be an inch or 2 taller - then id be back to a normal bmi already...lol.
I have not been a normal bmi since before i got married 4 yrs ago and the divorce has been a major lifestyle change which meant i had to take control of things again. and so far so good in terms of the weight loss and the health. its surprising how many changes to your health can be seen when you shed the excess pounds.
anyway, feel ive rambled on...sorry
keep in touch
x

i am calorie counting and exercising, i found that i put the weight on after having two children and at the age of 44 i have decided i do not want to buy clothes from bonne marche etc, i want to shop in new look etc, so am doing something about it, slowing but surely, really should set myself a mini target as at the moment i am aiming for 1lb a week until i am at a weight i am happy with.but targets are a good thing as it gives you something to aim for.

brenda, what diet are you following?
FB - youve set yourself lots of mini goals so hope you get your focus back.
went to a spinning class this morning which was very good - made me realise just how much my body does let me down when i want to do things but im just continuing to push it/
Im back to work on monday so not sure whether i will manage to maintain as much exercise...i hope so. I didnt get weighed today (fortunately as personal trainer had to reschedule) and thats how i ended up in a spinning class!! so 9:30am tomorrow will reveal just how much i have put on since last tuesday...aaaaaaaggggggghhhhh!!! i really dont wanna adjust my ticker UPWARDS!!!!!
had the biggest bowl of special K imagineable - kind of a late breakfast/ early lunch and will try and get the water down today.
take care
x

is everyone at the classses superduper fit, or is it a misconception just like that is how you used to think that the people in the gym would be like before we joined and found it is just real people..

Sorry I took so long to pop back in here!!

I did a diet last year called Cohen's with blood tests etc and you weigh your food. I lost 13 kilos and got down to 65kilos. I'm 5ft 7. My ticker is BMI and my waist in CM's. I dont use the scales but kept track last year with the scales and my measurements. So I use those weight to update my ticker. I used to weigh myself daily and now I haven't been on the scales for 8 months.

Anyways after my loss and in the middle of my refeeding stage I had to take steroids for an allergic reaction. Well.... in 2 weeks came 6 kilos back on and over the year about 2 more I estimate.

So I tried and tried to redo my program but just cannot refocus. At the moment I have bought a meal replacement drink and replacing breakfast and lunch with it and having a low calorie meal for dinner along with 2 peices of fruit a day and sometimes 100g of yoghurt or cheese on 2 crackers. It's day 3 of this for me and I'm going to measure my waist on next Thursday. Hope fully I can knock the waist down to 79cm's fingers crossed hey!

I did about 5 years ago calorie count and exercise and lost 7 kilos over 8 weeks then I kept this off for about 2 years and then it slowly 2 kilos a year crept back on. So when I loose about 4 or 5 kilos I will just replace one meal a day with a shake and have 2 low cal meals. Then after another 2 or 3 weeks like this I'll eat 3 low cal meals a day etc.

Bren
X

Sorry for the extra long post!

i have some slim fast in the fridge waiting just in case cant crack this but although put on a pound this week (its a miracle it was not 5) i know the healthy eating with the exercise does work. Im not calorie counting at this stage and just trying to be sensible. If it stops working then will probably work out how many points i truly am eating as have done weigt watchers on and off over the past years and it does give you an understanding of what you truly are eating. Although i put on a pound, i have finally lost 1% of body fat - it has taken 4 weeks to shift 1% of body fat - that is what my personal trainer at the gym has been more concerned with as he has been abe to see that i have been toning even though i dont think so.
Nope - the people in the gym range from the anorexic look alikes to the very obese, and in the spinning class everybody was huffing and puffing and i am limited so after 40 minutes i was dead so just carried on at my own pace for the last 20 minutes and the instructor was fine. really encouraging. Some classes i do not like, and some classes cause me too much unnecessary pain so its worth going and testing them out and if you dont like it - dont go back!!! unless they change the instructor as each persons session is different. give it a go fb!!! you will always get people in the gym that are just there as ornaments and celebs but you have to remember that you are there for your own health and personal reasons so dont worry about anyone else!!! i do think getting a personal trainer has helped as im using and doing things i wouldnt normally do in a gym and gives you the confidence to try all the scary machines!!!! i cant afford him after this week but he is still seeing me tomorrow and said he is still happy to keep weighing me if hes around which is nice of him.
Its ramadan from monday or tuesday so i am going to be fasting from sunrise to sunset and they are very long so not sure how that will work and not sure how the exercise will go...but i'll soon find out.
the cohen diet sounds interesting and to me it seems like most diets do work if you stick to them, but this time around i am really trying not to weigh food and count things and to just try and be sensible as i personally feel that it has to be better in the long run just to get to grip with the food without attaching point, calories to it etc (speaking from experience where always put the weight back on). But the slim fast are waiting should i not manage to be disciplined enough!!
Speak soon
x

stick at it sabina, it is not easy, a girl in work asked me to get her Mr kipling cake bites as she can not get them at here local stores, she could not understand why i would not have one, "only 68 calories" her words, i told her that the problem was if i had 1 i would not stop at that and as she leaves an hour before me there is a good chance that i would eat them all knowing that i could replace the box before she was back in on friday and with approx 10 left that would not be good.

i too could happily finish off a box of the mini kiplings!!!
had my last personal training session today as funds have dried out, so now its up to me to get my arse to the gym regularly. lets see what september brings.!!!!
x

what i have found is,its good to measure your body because sometimes you can loose inches and not weight.This is even more so the case when going to the gym quite often, because as you tone up you are trading body fat for muscle,and muscle weighs heavier than fat.So i think your current weight loss is fantastic.So you may only be losing 1-2 pounds a week but you will be looking like its 3-4 pounds,so keep up the good work

aww thanks neil and ash. Which diet are you following? and how tall are you both. You will have to set up your tickers!!! so that we can see just how well you do on this new journey. You are right about the measuring yourself but i always feel that did i measure an inch higher or lower last week and get a lil confussed - so given up!!! im sure the clothes will reveal it for me and i am finding that those definite folds on my abdomen are becoming more of a wobble as opposed to distinct seperate tyres!!!
good luck
x

i asked at the gym today about the classes and have decided that i am going to try the bodypump class next wednesday,as i am going to have to go straight from work what would people suggest i have to eat before i go, lunch will be soup 104 cals and a muller 95 cals and a bit of fruit..??????

Back