hello and advice please

Hi fb
hope things at home are ok. I am guessing you havent been near the scales but thats ok.
Take care
a big hug
s x

oh yes, 50 lb sounds like a big deal, but the best thing is I did it not even realising it :) I was struggling with my weight loss for years, spend thousands and my weight kept coming back every time. Then I researched some info, and believed that long term weight loss was possible with increased metabolism. I was right!! :) So nothing really hard there actually, now I am not dieting because its increased and I am not gaining any weight.

Good luck for you!

sabina, was at the doctors yesterday as i am trying to get off my blood pressure tablet, have already got off 1 of them by june last year. the scales said 11st 9lbs so i am hanging in there.

well done jesse - wanna know how you increased your metabolism.
Thats great fb - Its girly time for me next week so I have decided that once thats over I am going to start on the tesco shakes again as need some discipline really. i have decided not to record weight now until I start again.
x

thats fine sabina, what every you think works best for you.

ok - i weighed in - lost 1 lb of the 2 i put on the other week which is very surprising.
x

Hi gals,

I will tell you exactly what I did to increase my metabolism. (there is MUCH more about it, but here are the main things that help)

Weight loss starts in your head, you have to know this. I was reading the same methods as I wil ldescribe here soon, when I was overweight, and I always thought "huh, I know I know... No, I need a diet, this is bull...t" and kept spending money!

I got tired of dieting and relaxed. And THEN I started to lose weight. So this is very important, do not make my mistake to be so sceptical. Just live your life and forget "dieting". Just my suggestions :)

Okay, so first thing that I would do if I were you, is stop taking those weird shakes - they do not help. Or if they do, you are not going to keep drinking them for the rest of your life. Just my opinion :)

Then make sure you do each of these steps:

- start eating breakfast if you are not doing that now. I will suggest meals if you are ineterested;

- Eat at least 5 times a day. The amount of food for the day has to be the same, but spread into more meals. No junk / fast food, anything else is okay. The less flour, cakes, sugar, the better. But I eat anything really.

- Drink at least 10 glasses of water a day. Do not like water? Drink unsweetened green tea instead.

- You can skyrocket your results if you eat fat burning foods, but you will lose weight even not doing that.

- You will lose even more if you do not eat anything after 6 or 7 PM. This is quite difficult, though.

Stick to it - I can guarantee you will lose the same as you are losing now. I am not an expert but I have my results and some of my friends`.

I can keep you motivated if you are interested :) Just start!

One more thing I forgot - make sure you have 2-3 hour intervals between your meals.

Also, when starting, I would suggest drinking one glass of warm water with the slice of lemon, in the morning, before breakfast - helps to cleanse the body and wake up :) Not a big thing, but I did that and still do sometimes.

well sabina i made the effort to go to boots today and the scales said 11st 8lbs, so will make this my new starting weight, my weigh in maybe fortnightly as i do not work every saturday and i usually do it in the boots near work when i nip out to do the lottery.

thanks for that jesse - i must admit that is how i lost the first big weight. just smaller but more meals a day. I dont drink to be honest. I only drink with meals so i know i must increase the water and i think anything is better than nothing at the moment. I know the shakes are not great but im gonna do the ones were you still have to have 1 meal a day only because i have already bought them. Yes living life means youre not gonna be living in the kitchen looking for comfort. Thanks jesse - and guess what else - i dont really do brekkie either - lol. I have decided to start again on monday this week and i think my main aim for the week will be to drink and drink and drink as im not very good with it. I tend to eat when im thirsty. Thanks for taking the time to write down what i already know - but sometimes we just need reminding again. a big hug to you x

fb - fortnightly weigh in actually sounds like a better idea in the long term as we shouldnt keep weighing ourselves so often and as your weight is going in the right direction it sounds like a good plan. a big hug to you too x

Hi there, thanks for hugs - sending you both a few also ;)

I`m glad to help - you see, you also had good results with these simple things. That means they work, which is really great.

So you only need motivation to keep doing it. Hope you finish your shakes asap - having only 1 meal a day should be horrible... When all the others are eating normally during the day.

Okay, I will be away for a couple of days - hope to see your great results when I`m back!

Take care!

well i weigh in tomorrow and had a sneak peak tonight and have put on but i imagined as much as i feel so bloated - more than usual but it is totm so cant wait till its over. i have actually only been replacing one of the meals with a shake on most days so it hasnt been too bad.
thanks for your motivation jesse - im having as more positive week so hope things stay this way. i do have to attend a funeral unfortunately tomorrow.
catch u guys soon
x

just weighed in and i stayed the same - really pleased with this as i messed up last weekend after weekend of going to restaurant with mum and girly pizza and snacks night on valentines and i know i put a few pounds on so have had to work hard to get back down to this. Must carry on working hard and aim for at least 1-2 lbs for next week.
x

we will both aim for 1-2 lbs by next week, we can and will do it.

excellent - good plan!
and yes we will.
x

something crazy happened with the scales in a bad way so decided enough is enough and have rejoined a gym last night.
went and did 40 minutes this morning but was struggling as got a cold so couldnt do as much as i wanted. Aiming to go 3 times a week. How are you?

well, i got on the scales and seem to have put on 4lbs in a fortnight, have been walking home from work every night approx 2 miles as the gym have not phoned me yet about my 12 weeks free.so hope it get it off again quickly. i may have to think about going back to classes, money situation is not too bad now as we now qualify for tax credits even thought i am on a very good salary, so think we can manage £4.50 a week for sw.

well thats about what my scales said too so youre not alone but i didnt dare step back on. good luck if you do decide to go back to sw. glad to hear things are starting to settle down.
hugs
s

i think it was the shock of losing a wage put me into spend nothing mode.

spend nothing mode is good sometimes as it makes you realise what you have and how creative u can be especially in kitchen with normal kitchen ingredients. I was like that when going through early months of divorce and cos of religion wasnt allowed out for 40 days other than work so didnt really spend and it was interesting to see that when i had nothing to do, how creative i could be with wat i had.
stay strong and 2009 will be a good year on the weight loss front.
x

Back