Hello from the other side :)

Morning everyone, I just wanted to say hello. I thought I'd join this group to keep track of my weight and get inspiration from other members.

I have always struggled with my weight, but I am up against it now as I need to get my BMI to 35 by 4th November for a hospital appointment (this is around a stone weight loss). If I don't I won't be put on the waiting list for a new knee which I am desperate to get as I can't get about very well and I'm only 55!

I started Exante last Monday and have lost 6lbs in the first week which I know that is a good loss but I was hoping for more. I seem to be ok with the diet now and I feel pretty determined so I am hoping I can continue. Once I have got to that 35 BMI goal, I want to continue as I have the following coming up:
  1. 04/11/22 - BMI goal of 35
  2. Christmas
  3. 14/11/23 - Nephews Wedding (I have a lovely Phase Eight dress to get into)
  4. 20/01/23 - First Grand-daughter due (want to be able to do things with her that I can't currently do)
  5. 26/04/23 - Have a 2 week holiday in Cyprus
  6. sometime soon I hope - a new knee replacement and being lighter will help my recovery
I started out last week at 16st 2lb
This week I'm 15st 10lb - so that's 6lb down

Ultimate goal weight 13st which I know is still overweight but I would be ecstatic to get there!

Hi there! Only just stumbled back into this forum after 10 years away..I didn’t know it was still up and running! I’m a calorie counter so no advice on exante I’m afraid. Basically it all comes down to energy in/energy out whichever diet name we give it, but sending you my love and support. And my only advice is to take one day at a time, as it’s a life style change. There is no finish line if you do it properly. Good luck with the knee op. Being more mobile will help so much. Message me anytime x

Hi there! Only just stumbled back into this forum after 10 years away..I didn’t know it was still up and running! I’m a calorie counter so no advice on exante I’m afraid. Basically it all comes down to energy in/energy out whichever diet name we give it, but sending you my love and support. And my only advice is to take one day at a time, as it’s a life style change. There is no finish line if you do it properly. Good luck with the knee op. Being more mobile will help so much. Message me anytime x
Hi It is very quiet on here no one comes on xx

Morning everyone, I just wanted to say hello. I thought I'd join this group to keep track of my weight and get inspiration from other members.

I have always struggled with my weight, but I am up against it now as I need to get my BMI to 35 by 4th November for a hospital appointment (this is around a stone weight loss). If I don't I won't be put on the waiting list for a new knee which I am desperate to get as I can't get about very well and I'm only 55!

I started Exante last Monday and have lost 6lbs in the first week which I know that is a good loss but I was hoping for more. I seem to be ok with the diet now and I feel pretty determined so I am hoping I can continue. Once I have got to that 35 BMI goal, I want to continue as I have the following coming up:
  1. 04/11/22 - BMI goal of 35
  2. Christmas
  3. 14/11/23 - Nephews Wedding (I have a lovely Phase Eight dress to get into)
  4. 20/01/23 - First Grand-daughter due (want to be able to do things with her that I can't currently do)
  5. 26/04/23 - Have a 2 week holiday in Cyprus
  6. sometime soon I hope - a new knee replacement and being lighter will help my recovery
I started out last week at 16st 2lb
This week I'm 15st 10lb - so that's 6lb down

Ultimate goal weight 13st which I know is still overweight but I would be ecstatic to get there!
Hi Welcome to the forums. I've been on and off here for years. I was around 25 stone originally and now I'm around 16 stone 10 and BMI of 35. I'm trying to get to 30.
Good luck!

I'm wondering if there is an active thread on MiniMins for people using fasting and low carbohydrate methods to lose weight. Having listened to many gurus on YouTube - like low carb down under, Jason Fung, Sten Ekberg - I have loads of questions, and if there are others who are trying these methods, it would be great to share experience.

Hi, welcome!
There is an intermittent fasting forum on here but not sure if it’s active?
You could start a diary on there and see if anyone is about to help out?
I think people tend to try and help when they’re about on anyone’s journey no matter which plan they tend to follow?

Back