Hello Im joining the Lipotrim gang

Ha Ha Ha... I am from Offaly!!!! I knew I liked you..... sure you are half Offaly!!!

Thats gas! Its a small world. What part is your Da from?

Niamh xxx

Good morning

Hi everybody good morning all. I was reading your posts there and I was just going to agree with you with the not having to decide what to eat. It's my 3rd week and I'm getting quite used to this. I have tried this diet so many times and failed so here's hoping this time 2010 is my year.

Ha Ha Ha... I am from Offaly!!!! I knew I liked you..... sure you are half Offaly!!!

Thats gas! Its a small world. What part is your Da from?

Niamh xxx

Hi Niamh
He was born in Cloghan ,my maiden name is O`Rourke,so I certainly have some Irish blood.Probably why I love Ireland so much,my OH is from the North.
Take care
Cathy

Hi everybody good morning all. I was reading your posts there and I was just going to agree with you with the not having to decide what to eat. It's my 3rd week and I'm getting quite used to this. I have tried this diet so many times and failed so here's hoping this time 2010 is my year.

Well done for getting to three weeks.
Good luck on your weight loss journey.
Cathy

Day 9 going strong

Day 9 and going strong.Lots of chocolates in work,I love chocolate but I managed to resist it .
Have a bit of a headache today but I think it is because I didnt get a good sleep last night due to OH continuous snoring.
Its my middle sons birthday today and he wants so go out for a meal :sigh:.
So I have decided I will have some fish and vegetables as I cant say no to him.
But straight back on the diet tomorrow.
Cathy

Day 10
Had a great day.Went out for a meal last night.I had a salmon steak,green beans and some lettuce and raw onion,I hope it doesnt effect my weight loss too much.I left the potatoes and refused a dessert and had a glass of water whilst everyone else had alcohol and jam roly-poly yummee.
Felt fine this morning.Straight back onto the shakes 100% .Three litres of water and half an hour on the wii.
Steps today only 6890.
Im off work tomorrow so will be able to go for a nice walk and get my steps up.
Cathy

Day 11

Cant believe I have managed 1 and a half weeks on shakes.So Im sitting here now with my vanilla hot coffee:coffee:reading other people diaries and weight loss journey,so it got me thinking hmmm how did I get to the size I am now.
As a young child I was always ill,backward and forward to hospital for various operations,on my eyes,ears and nose.My mum tells me she was so worried about me as a toddler because I was always ill and never put weight on,just kept losing it.The health visitor even accused her of neglecting me.
So at every opportunity my mum would try me with different foods but I was a very fussy eater apparently and survived on potato and small amounts of meat.
I remember my teen years,me being very thin so much my socks needed elastic to keep them up.I was a late developer and around the age of 14 got my first bra.My dad jokingly gave me two onions to fill it.He meant no harm but I still remember that first training bra with the elasticated triangle and the two onions.
I was still a fussy eater right up untill my 20s.I met my husband when I was 19.I weighed 7 and a half stone wore a size 10 and thought I was fat.My big love was chocolate which really started around the age of 15 when I had my own money to spend.
Marrried at 22,but was already pregnant with twins my weight went up to a massive 15stone but I was eating for two,lots of chocolate crisps and cakes.
I had also passed my driving test so no more walking anywhere!!!.
So after the twins were born I started to change my eating habits and was eating more fruit and veg as I needed to eat healthy for my children.Then at 8 and a half stone with 18 month old twins I found myself pregnant again.The weight crept on and the cycle repeated itself.Another lovely boy and a fat overweight mum.This time the weight didnt come off easily and I joined various slimming groups only to lose and then gain twice as much.Yo yo dieting then became my problem.The years went on a move abroad for 3 years another baby boy and my weight ballooned.I was out of control.I was a busy working mum.I ate for comfort,I ate if I was happy,sad or stressed.I followed a healthy diet but ate lots of rubbish in between.
I would manage to lose a stone at WW or slimming world get fed up then put it all back on and more.Tomorrow was always going to be the day i would be good.I wasnt going to be fat and 40 I told myself but I was.I would be slim for my 25th wedding anniversary but I wasnt.
So here I am approaching 50 and DO NOT want to be fat and 50 so I had to do somethng.Ive tried the diet pills on prescription and from private sources.Three weeks ago I didnt like myself very ,much we had just come back from holiday and I was looking at my photos.I was ashamed at how I looked.I picked up the phone and rang my local hospital and asked about gastic balloon or banding.I spoke to a very nice lady who advised me on the procedure offered me an appointment and said she would send me out the information.
That evening I discussed with my OH what I had done.He is very sensible and put it into perspective.It was a lot of money to spend and there were heath risks.He told me to try a different diet and in 6 months if I still felt the same he would come with me.
Well my sister had been on LL and was doing well,but I couldnt justify 70 pound a week. So I asked at my local chemist about LT.So here I am day 11 and losing weight.
I have been thinking about the changes I need to make and my relationship with food.I am an emotional eater and will need to learn how to control my emotions without turning to food.
So I am lookng forward to a slimmer healthier happy me.
Sorry to waffle but just felt right to put it in writing.
Cathy

Last edited:
day 11

Had a good day a friend whom I havent seen for two weeks came over.
She had expected to see a worn out haggered person as she knew I was on LT.She was suprisd at how well I looked and commented that my skin looked really good and the black circles under my eyes were almost gone.I expect thatis because of all the water.
So I have had a good day.Decided to try a coconut flapjack but I couldnt stomach it,it tasted awfull and I was nearly sick.So had a strawberry shake instead.
3 days to weigh in,im so excited.
I have a wedding reception to go to tomorrow night so there will be lots of temptations, but I will be good.
Cathy

Day 12

Had a lie in this morning as I felt really tired.
Been a bit irritable today wanting to eat and telling myself not to.
Still drinking my water but leaving those flapjacks alone LOL.
Have a wedding reception tonight but plan to be good,and not give in to temptation.
Cathy
2 days to weigh in yipee

Day 13

Only one day to weigh in yipeee.
Well we went to the wedding reception and I was 100% good. I am really pleased with myself.
There was loads of temptations but I resisted them all and drank lots of glasses of ice cold water.
Got up this morning with tummy ache but havent been the toilet for two days so hope thats why.I also feel a bit bloated probably is because I havent been.
Heres to another great day.
Going to my mums for dinner today well everyone else is having dinner im having a shake.
Just hope I can be good.
Cathy

Hi Cathy, I have been reading your thread. And picking up some tips from other posters at the same time. I think you have been magnificent and doing really well on lipotrim. Yes, its very hard to have to go out and have a family meal etc., but getting back on track immediately the next day is very important, and luckily you have the right attitude to do that!

Thanks for sharing your life experience with us (posted on day 11). It was really interesting to read. I wish you well on your journey and look forward to reading more of your weekly progress.
Liz

day 15 2nd weigh in really dissapointed

Feel realy deflated today .Thought I had lost at least 4lbs according to my scales but no.
I had only lost 2lbs at the chemist.:cry:
I know I had a meal mid week but it was only salmon and salad.Did that make me not lose more weight.
The only other thing I had was some chewing gum,sugar free.
Keep thinking I might throw in the towel,but then Ill still not be happy fat.
Help please
Cathy

Hi Cathy, remember your home scales will vary in difference from the chemist. Best thing to do is weigh yourself at home once a week but dont use the same readings as the chemist as throughout the day your weight will fluctuate as well.

2lbs weight loss is a great achievement, much better than putting on! Dont worry about the blip of having real food in the middle of this TFR. Its a normal reaction that we are all fall to temptation from time to time. Just put it behind you, and move on with a new goal to aim for.

As for chewing gums, I admit, I too, occasionally will have a sugar free gum (airwaves) to chew whenever I feel my breath needed freshing up. That why its probably safer, to use toothpaste to clean more often.

Chin up and keep going forward, even when the going gets tough, the tough get going! We are all in the same boat right beside you :) Liz x

Thanks Liz.
I appreciate your help and support.I have decided to give it another week at 100% see how it goes.
I have been for two walks so far and done 7072 steps so far so should manage my 10000 by the end of the day.
Been sorting through some sewing stuff and found some nice patterns I want to make up so going to be determined and give it my all.
So chin up and start a new day LOL.
Cathy

Thanks 2 sizes smaller
I appreciate your help. I gave in today and finished the babies quavers and chocolate buttons.
I feel bad I was doing so well, but I stopped there and went and got some mint tea and a glass of water.
Why do I do this to myself I have been so positive for the last 14 days then the first day I get a bit of a knock I cave in :(.
Well tomorrow is another day so I will be 100%. I am in work so less temptations I hope.
I plan to park further away from work and walk to try and increase my exercise as I dont seem to have much time when im in work to exercise.
Cathy

day 16

Had a good day today.Stayed 100%. I feel very bloated today but not been the toilet for 4 days,may need to take something tomorrow.
Didnt manage to park further away as I didnt leave enough time,so went for a 20min walk at lunchtime in the pouring rain.Plan on doing 30 min on the wii tonight and need to do some tidying and hoovering to up my exercise.
Take care everyone.
Cathy

day 17

Still managing to stick to it 100% but felt really hungry on the way home from work my tummy was rumbling .So made a hot chocolate milkshake for dinner .I think I am getting a cold too i have been sneezing all afternoon and have a sore throat and runny nose.
Might have an early night..
Hope everyone is keeping well.
Cathy

Hi Cathy, how are you doing? Took me ages to track down where I've posted on various threads, very complicated labyrinth, and knew I wanted to look in on your progess too. Hope you are ok and good to hear you have got back on track with a positive attitude. Take care:)

Back