hello!.question re mayo

B2B25/8

Hi all, Im back on cd from Monday after 6 week break and 2lb gain which ok with considering had two weekends away in between - i did ww for first 4 weeks which helped though last two weeks bit mad. I am doing ss+ and have seen few ppl mention they have mayo on their food - is this full fat and how much? Does it effect weightloss? It would just b now and then to make a change.

Advice appreciated!

i would like to know too as im finding chicken so dry lol also if anyone knows exactly which quorn products we can eat that would be fab :) x

Hi, I did answer in the other thread - I have it every day and just make sure it's full fat Hellmann's or such like as there are less carbs. I had got to the stage where I couldn't bear dry chicken any more! I love it with rock salt and then a squeeze of mayo over it - don't go over the top, but it's not affected my losses, I think the STS is down to the TOTM and too many cheesestrings by the way!

Hi guys to help ya out with a fee answers, personally I would avoid Mayo, as it will contain high sugars and fats even the low fat ones, dry chicken there is a easy solution, this is what I do I weigh it out then cut it into pieces roll it in mild curry powder to add flavour, then pop it onto the George Forman it's own juices will bond with the curry powder as it cooks and it acts like a marinade, serve with some cool salad cucumber lettuce spring onions, yum!

Quorn products I spoke to my CDC about this, Cambridge say to stick to the mince and pieces, but I asked about the burgers and sausages, she said try them and see if they take you out of ketosis, had some burgers today so will keep you posted, the mince is nice but make sure u add herbs and spices to it ad 200g can taste a little bit like dry cat litter, not that I go round eating cat litter! But ya know what I mean. Hope this helps... Enjoy

Nope, the mayo doesn't have a lot of sugar in - hence why I said full fat version - 1.5g of carbs only

Oh, and the fat is fine, that's not the problem.

I have a halfway house solution which may not be to everyone's taste - but I'll put it out there cos it's yummy, but when I'm on 810, I switch out my milk for 0% Total Greek Yoghurt and I mix it with tandoori spices and marinade chicken in it overnight and then george foreman it - you get that lovely tandoori coating and the juices stay in. As Poppysparkle says, a spot of fat does no real harm in ketosis - totally your call, but mayo is really not on any list at this stage no matter how high or low fat so I use 0% greek yoghurt.

Agreed Sarah - I meant to say that mayo isn't in the Cambridge 'rules' of course!! Your suggestion sounds lovely by the way.

My problem is that I don't cook breasts of chicken but the whole chicken and cut it up and put it in a air tight container in the fridge and this lasts me three days or so. So when I get it out of the fridge, it's then a little dry and I don't want to start cooking it more, so the mayo works for me, but if you thought that having something not on the plan would make you then eat other things, I'd avoid eating the mayo! ;)

I think you do have to be careful with quorn, I started eating the little ready to eat flavour bags which were around 80Kcals but the CDC is right stick to chunks or mince...my recepie is to use a shake of fahitta or similar powder over the quorn chunks, sprinkle with water and put in the oven...cook as long as you like, just cooked makes it moist over cooking crunchy and tbh when I have this I am just actually using the chewing experience rather than enjoying food.

i would personally only stick to the allowables list and then u can't go wrong :)

poppysparkle you have done amazing!!! i can't wait until i get some of this weight off... i am aiming for around 12st7lbs but will see how i feel when i get there :)

oh i have been having 2 quorn sausages as i asked my cdc and they have been fine

can't wait to feel comfortable :)

i would personally only stick to the allowables list and then u can't go wrong :)

poppysparkle you have done amazing!!! i can't wait until i get some of this weight off... i am aiming for around 12st7lbs but will see how i feel when i get there :)

oh i have been having 2 quorn sausages as i asked my cdc and they have been fine

can't wait to feel comfortable :)

Thank you! I've lost another 4lb this week, so it's going great.

I do agree that sticking to the allowable list is a perfect way to go, but sometimes if a little tweak here and there helps you continue the diet long term and doesn't affect losses, then that's fine too in my book.

I did stick absolutely 100% to LighterLife for 20 weeks+ and did fantastically well, I even went out for a hen night meal and had water/coffee and watched everyone eat, and had bar and coffee for Xmas dinner and birthday too, so that's great, but this time round I'm finding Cambridge great as it's more flexible, and I'm not scared to tweak a little. It's fine for me, which really shocked me as I thought I was very 'all or nothing'. I'm not labelling myself anymore! I've got great willpower and control over this diet and my self confidence is growing by the week.

I'm off on holiday in a week or so, and I definitely think I'll SS+ all the way for the fortnight, but I may possibly have a little 'time off', but can't honestly see me doing it at the moment. It literally is only food and like I don't need to get drunk to enjoy myself, I don't need to stuff myself silly to do so either! ;)

Back