Help! Anyone else gained while sticking to plan but doing mainly Extra easy days?

MissHP

Silver Member
:cry::cry:I'm so fed up :cry:
I've stuck to plan, and had weigh in tonight and had a 2.5lb gain :cry: I've stuck to plan, walked loads (we even went to Wales at the weekend and walked up Snowdon!)

The only thing i've done differently is had mainly EE days (usually do red and green with maybe 1 ee day.

I've weighed/measured my healthy extra's, I've had my third super free, I've had between 5-15 syns a day, plenty of water and its not * week.

Please can someone explain my gain :cry:feeling very fat and a mess at the moment, and its very disheartening when you know you've tried your hardest and then you have a freak gain :cry:

Sorry moan over xx

I had this last week but had taken my eye off the ball with the 1/3 superfree. I also drank more fluid than usual just before weigh-in. My weight can vary 3lbs over a day so I think what you choose to eat on weigh in day can have an impact if it isn't usual for you. Have you got a food diary to view?

Hi sweets154,

I only do the paper dairy and handed it in in class - maybe i should start doing one on here?

I drank quite a lot of water today as i was in a meeting most of the day and didnt want to be tempted by any of the biscuits or sweets they had in there, so i kept sipping my water - do you think that may have had something to do with it? x

I tend to have more like 1/2 or 2/3 superfree on EE, otherwise I feel like i'm eating loads- but I love veg so i don't really have to try too hard!

This happened to someone in my group - she was sooo disappointed. The SWC asked her to keep a food diary and stick with it for another week and still no loss - so she is adamant that EE is not for her and she's gone back to green and red days and is losing again. I don't think that EE is for me either - not really losing, but not really sticking to it - I don't find it motivates me enough and I think I'm eating too much on it. I have done mostly red days this week and clothes feel looser too - having a WI tonight, a day earlier than usual, so will find out later whether it's any better:)

Uh huh. I think this has happened to most of us at some point or another. VERY frustrating when you KNOW you're on plan. I gained at every WI throughout November, despite having a really good food month, and walking around 25 miles a week extra (on top of my usual 30ish).

Sometimes these things are just sent to try us. Stick with it. This is such a healthy way of eating, and I try to take heart in that on those weeks the pounds refuse to budge.

Chin up x

Thank you all for your replies. I've talked to my SW leader today, I have definately stuck to plan so it just seems that EE isn't for me! Going to do red and greens this week and hoping for a better result next tuesday!

Helen xx

Hi sweets154,

I only do the paper dairy and handed it in in class - maybe i should start doing one on here?

I drank quite a lot of water today as i was in a meeting most of the day and didnt want to be tempted by any of the biscuits or sweets they had in there, so i kept sipping my water - do you think that may have had something to do with it? x

If you drank more than normal I guess it would be plausible that it could have an influence but I'm not sure how much. Someone on here said they tend to have a low carbs day on weigh in day as carbs tend to absorb more fluid we drink. I thought this was interesting and did think I would try to be as consistent as possible about what I ate on WI day.

Although my weight loss was good initially in the first couple of weeks on EE, it slowed right down for me after that despite sticking to it 100%. Last week I had 5 red days with two EE's thrown in and it kicked started everything again for me, I think that excess carbs harm my weight loss and it's just too easy to overdose on them whilst on EE!

I would def go back to red and green and see if that helps, maybe just 1 or 2 EE days a week. I tend to save mine for the weekend so I have the flexibility if we go out/have a takeaway/want a 'treat meal' like homemade burgers and SW chips type thing.

Also are you doing any exercise? It really helps.

Ive found from doing sw before that i dont lose that well if i just do EE. I tend to have EE weekends and then a mix or red and green days during the week (but still aim for my 1/3 superfree) try this and see how you go...dont feel too bad you've done so well

xxx

Hi,

Thank you all for your replies.

Lilyb - yes increased my exercise, have been doing at least 30 mins fast walking each day, i also started jogging last week, and at the weekend we went to Wales and my boyfriend and I walked up snowdon!! I think thats why i was so upset, as i'd been so good, stuck to it 100% and increased my exercise and then gained.

Helen xx

If you have just upped your exercise a lot (especially with walking up snowdon!) it is possible that your gain was caused by your body hanging on to excess water, if your muscles are aching a lot they may just need more fluid so they hang on to everything they can get. Are you drinking plenty? Hopefully it will all fall off and more next week.

Hi all,

I've done EE every day for 20 weeks, and have lost over 40lbs and I've only ever gained when I've not followed the plan.

I haven't done any exercise during this time, so can't say if that has an impact, though I imagine it does... it used to wreck my numbers on WW, which has left me a bit scared to introduce it on SW.

Think the advice you've had re: trying other days may work out - the key to EE is the superfree. You find after a while, you're nearly always eating fruit and veg, so it's ever likely it works.

Don't give up - keep trucking on ;)

Hopefully it will show on the scales next week. Keep on 100% and you will have a great loss! I've had 2 weeks of gains (1/2lb and 1 1/2 lb) and this week I lost a massive 7lb :) Good luck x

Back