Help!! exercise advise needed - fast!!!

yasmine-samara

Hi all,

Just wanted to see if there were any fitness instructers or exercise fanatics out there who may be able to help me. I am 30 years old, 5'11" and I currently weigh 25stone 7lb. I would deraly love to try and build up to a 5k run and beyond but wanted to ask the best way of starting. I am currently on CD ssing and know that with being on a VLCD I should be careful. I did used to compete as a field athlete for over 11 years and I gained most of my excess weight when I stopped.
I suppose I do still have a reasonable level of fitness for someone of my size but desperately want to shrink in record time.
so........ any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! :D

Hi!

I am not a instructor but a fello runner. I completed my first london marathon this year weighing 17 stone! Next year when i run i plan to be a lot lighter!! I'm on day 4 ss'ing as a returner! I started with the race for life 5k then went up to a 10k and so on and completed the great south run last weekend!

The best way to start is run for a minute walk for 2 for example and build it up from there. Have a look on runners world for a training plan to follow also.....

Good luck and keep us updated!

Hi Yasmin, again I'm not a fitness instructor but can recommend a good book

I can see from your picture that you are not over 40....but the book Running Over Forty by Bruce and Sue Tulloh has a lot of training plans in them - and I guess some of the issues of being older will also apply to being overweight - I, of course, am both over 40 and overweight...although now only ever so slightly :D

I have recently started again having done a half marathon in 2004 - and have just completed my first 1/2 mile - oh, how your fitness deteriorates....

Take care and good luck
LRO xx

Its 28 years since i stood on a Rugby field - and about the same time since I last held a squash raquet. Gave them both up when i got wed (not blaming the wife, but i just felt guilty taking so much time out of the relationship what with all the training and matches etc.

day i got married I was 13 stone - five weeks ago I was 23 stone and i am 100% convinced that the majority of the blame for the increase was the lack of exercise - so I have just started my climb back to fitness - in my mid 50's.

Luckily my CDC is also a physiotherapist, and is giving me guidance, but initally she just wants to see me doing twenty minute walks, every other day.

Some time in the future she then wants to start to measure the distance i walk in those 20 mins and start to give me distance goals, when I am down to around 17 stone, she reckons my joints could handle a light jog....and we will take it from there.

No major ambitons, other than to join my son-in-laws mother on one of her daily runs - she is 63 and runs 10k every day!!

That is great advice, thank you soooo much. I have just posted on the CD100% club thread loads of questions about your amazing journey so far - I hope you dont mind?
Because I am 5' 11" I get 4 portions the same as you so there is no reason why I can't achieve the same results with 100% effort. You are such an inspiration!!!!
Well done and keep up the good work

Back