• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Help! How many points to MAINTAIN?!

hey guys, hope your diets are all going well.

ive been doing WW a while now, didnt go to meetings just had help off a friend but did buy a calculator and WW foods so dont feel too bad about asking, but, how many points do you aim for when your just maintaining your weight?

I started off as 10.7 stone and im nearing my 9st target weight. I have been doing 15pts a day with one ''treat day''. any help please? thanks.xx
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
My understanding is that you're supposed to add 2 points, weigh in and if you lose weight add another point and if you gain drop a point and carry on like that until your weight stays pretty much the same.
thanks for the replies! :)

i did google it while waiting and found the 6 pts answer...but the other idea also seems sensible. i didnt realise it was 16 pt minimum, I was told differently, but it doesnt seem to have done any harm, i often slightly go over anyway as I had heard if you dont eat all your points your body can store fat more readily.

thanks again guys.x
yes its another 6pts to maintain, i got to goal with ww a few years ago & was told this, try 24pts to maintain & see how you go, the more pts you have to maintain the easier it will be to stay at your goal x
um in not 100 percent sure...didnt have a set time to do it in, roughly i think this is what i lost:

did it for a few weeks and went down from 10.7 to 9.10...had one dodgy week and went back up to 9.13....dropped down to 9.7 over a few weeks...then got ill so went back up to 9.10...now iv been doing it for a few weeks and down to 9.5. so id say u lose quite a bit quite quick. iv found these last few weeks really easy. its just getting used to it. iv actually struggled to finish my points which is why when i was ill i gained weight even when i stuck to diet, my body must have absorbed the fat since i wasnt eating enough.x
ahhh, well in the new weight watchers stuff i have it says that people should aim for no less than 16 a day, but, for a healthy diet you should not go below 14 on days you're saving points from.... so it's a little confusing! lol