Help! How many points to MAINTAIN?!

Beejoux87

hey guys, hope your diets are all going well.

ive been doing WW a while now, didnt go to meetings just had help off a friend but did buy a calculator and WW foods so dont feel too bad about asking, but, how many points do you aim for when your just maintaining your weight?

I started off as 10.7 stone and im nearing my 9st target weight. I have been doing 15pts a day with one ''treat day''. any help please? thanks.xx

My understanding is that you're supposed to add 2 points, weigh in and if you lose weight add another point and if you gain drop a point and carry on like that until your weight stays pretty much the same.

Hi there

you should ALWAYS have a minimum of 16 points a day.

To maintain you add 6 points on to your normal allowance

thanks for the replies! :)

i did google it while waiting and found the 6 pts answer...but the other idea also seems sensible. i didnt realise it was 16 pt minimum, I was told differently, but it doesnt seem to have done any harm, i often slightly go over anyway as I had heard if you dont eat all your points your body can store fat more readily.

thanks again guys.x

yes its another 6pts to maintain, i got to goal with ww a few years ago & was told this, try 24pts to maintain & see how you go, the more pts you have to maintain the easier it will be to stay at your goal x

I thought it was 14 points!! So if I am on 18 points a day, does this mean I can only save 2 points a day. Or do you mean an average of 16 points a day?

um in not 100 percent sure...didnt have a set time to do it in, roughly i think this is what i lost:

did it for a few weeks and went down from 10.7 to 9.10...had one dodgy week and went back up to 9.13....dropped down to 9.7 over a few weeks...then got ill so went back up to 9.10...now iv been doing it for a few weeks and down to 9.5. so id say u lose quite a bit quite quick. iv found these last few weeks really easy. its just getting used to it. iv actually struggled to finish my points which is why when i was ill i gained weight even when i stuck to diet, my body must have absorbed the fat since i wasnt eating enough.x

ahhh, well in the new weight watchers stuff i have it says that people should aim for no less than 16 a day, but, for a healthy diet you should not go below 14 on days you're saving points from.... so it's a little confusing! lol

Back