Step 1 Sole Source Help! SS eating chicken due to medical reasons

xamybopx

Not sure if I am in the correct Thread as I am new.. so sorry :)

So, in my first 3 weeks I have lost a total of 18lbs, I am due to get weighed tommorow but I am worrying as this week I will be eating chicken breast (with a small amount of low fat philadelphia) for my dinner as I had an operation yesterday and my medication is making me feel ill. My Cambridge consultant and my doctor have both agreed this is for the best. Has anybody else had this before? and how did it affect your weight loss? I understand that due to being operated on I will likely be retaining water and this will affect it too?

Eek!

Thanks
Amy x

You wil be perfectly fine with chicken breast , if you do want anything on it I would advise fat free cottage cheese as that keeps me in ketosis Philadelphia doesn't :) wish you luck on your journey xx

How are you feeling now after your op? I've started on SS+, so having chicken/high protein and a little veg and still lost 5.5lb the first week.
Make sure you protect your stomach by eating - particularly if you're taking ibuprofen or diclofenac, and don't worry about your weight immediately as swelling will give you inaccurate results. Hope you're okay.

Hi Desdemona

I am feeling not too bad thanks! I stuck to the chicken breast and the first WI after op I gained 2lbs, as you say with swelling etc, but week after I lost 10lb!! Very happy.. another WI tonight so see how I go with that...

I am hoping to go onto SS+ by December, to prepare me for Christmas and then possibly return to SS in Jan if needed..

Good Luck!
x

Congratulations on your loss !!
I had some chicken today, i'm on day 2 of SS and literally NEEDED something in my stomach. I do feel really bad for eating it but im hoping it won't take me out of ketosis. did you find you were hungry after eating the chicken?

x

I'm really glad you're doing well, Amy. Surgery can be physically and emotionally draining, before you even think of the pain :cry: so you're doing brilliantly. Good luck tonight.
Kate - I usually feel hungry in my head, if not in my tummy. Chicken shouldn't affect ketosis and usually makes me feel less hungry but isn't the most exciting food in the world. If you can stomach it, the tuna is okay to nibble if you need a change! Don't feel bad for eating - this is a marathon, not a sprint. Des

Kate- thanks! You might not be in ketosis by day 2 hence why you are feeling a bit rubbish , trust me it gets easier!! By day 3/4 your body will be in ketosis and you will find you don't feel too hungry. I always try having a pint of water to ease a hunger pang before I turn to eating as our bodies sometimes confused hunger and thirst. This said, we all have the odd day where a nibble is needed!! I turn to plain chicken breast or a hard boiled egg to help.
Des - thanks ill let you both know how I get on tonight!

Amy x

Back