Help !!! What do I do.

The new '10 min' exercise dvds are good, you can get them in Morrisons, and choose from cardio, pilates, bootcamp etc. There are 5 10 minute sessions on each dvd, so you could do 1 or 2 or even all 5 at a time if you're feeling energetic! They cost £4 each which I think is a bargain!

How many syns are you allowing yourself, looks to me that you're not having enough. You've got to make sure you have your syns!!

The new '10 min' exercise dvds are good, you can get them in Morrisons, and choose from cardio, pilates, bootcamp etc. There are 5 10 minute sessions on each dvd, so you could do 1 or 2 or even all 5 at a time if you're feeling energetic! They cost £4 each which I think is a bargain!

Thank you for that. A friend of mine is England right now and my sis is coming over again in a few weeks so either one of them could get them for me. 4 pounds wow....that is so good !!!

How many syns are you allowing yourself, looks to me that you're not having enough. You've got to make sure you have your syns!!

I realise I don't have enough syns and must do something about that. My metabolic rate is low enough as it is what with being from the generation of crash diets and yo yo dieting, and an under-active thyroid. I Always feel so full just with what we are allowed apart from the syns.

I am going to cook my mushrooms with some oil tonight and at supper time have an options orange chocolate drink.

I am taking all the advice given to me by you lovely ladies and have just been out and bought, smoked haddock, salmon and tuna and I am going to try a fish week. I am not the worlds greatest lover of fish but with my cheese allowance served with it I am sure it will be fine.

Hi, I just wanted to chip in and say that I've had a month of pretty much STS or fluctuate by 1/2lbs. It's very frustrating especially as I've been 100% (logging everything I eat in the diary on the SW website) and being careful with measurements etc. I've lost just over 2 stone so far and was hoping for another 2 off by the end of the year but who knows. Anyway I decided that a week of more calories might help boost me and next week I go back to being 100% strict again and hope this might work. I did try and do the blow out eat anything but I just couldn't do it - sw eating really does seem to be habit to me now (which is a good thing!) so I've been eating a couple of extra HEs and a full 15 syns instead and maybe the odd biccie too (oops) and this weekend we may or may not go out for meal. I'm hoping the drop back next week kick starts things again for me!

Does anyone else find that their bodies just get used to the lower amount of calories and your weight loss drops off as a result? I was talking to someone today who said that WW and eventually SW just stopped working for her too.

I start on the fish days tomorrow and am going to up my exercise levels. More swimming for sure and lots more walking.

Will let you know how it is going after the fish days.

I dont think you need to cut out the bananas altogether Sue, but if you had one every other day, instead of every day, that might be enough to tip the balance. Replace it with a superspeed like berries.

I am going to do another fish week starting on Monday (once I can actually afford to do a shop!) so I will keep you company for some of the way.

Also, you asked about the yogurts. They are a free food so theoretically you can eat as many as you want. HOWEVER, despite the fact that we dont count calories, (and the fact that I dont know what type you can get there) if you have three mullerlites a day you are putting 300 calories into your body, or thereabouts. Whilst we arent consuming much in the way of fat, its a hypothetical equivalent of 15 syns (I know they dont HAVE syns, but just to put a little perspective in).

Personally, I try not to have more than 2 a day. One at breakfast and then maybe one for dessert after dinner or as a snack at suppertime. It has done my losses no harm at all. I defo wouldnt eat any more than 3 a day though.

I hope the fish week gives your metabolism a good kick in the pants and gets you going again. I am not the worlds biggest fish fan either, but I will happily eat cod and tuna and salmon, and I used to love prawns, (lets not go there though) so if you like any of those then fish curry can be a good way of disguising the fish if its not your favourite taste, or a fish pie.

Will be keeping my eyes peeled for updates.

By the way, how is my namesake getting along? Not seen any sign of her since she went home, am dying to know how she is progressing!

I dont think you need to cut out the bananas altogether Sue, but if you had one every other day, instead of every day, that might be enough to tip the balance. Replace it with a superspeed like berries.

Once the strawberries are over we don't get another berries on sale here. We have most fruits in abundance. I eat mainly pears, melon, nectarines and plums.

I am going to do another fish week starting on Monday (once I can actually afford to do a shop!) so I will keep you company for some of the way.

I too have to shop when the dosh is there as we have no regular fixed income unless you count my 2.55 a week pension from G.B. and that is after working for 20 years, but that is another story.

Also, you asked about the yogurts. They are a free food so theoretically you can eat as many as you want. HOWEVER, despite the fact that we dont count calories, (and the fact that I dont know what type you can get there) if you have three mullerlites a day you are putting 300 calories into your body, or thereabouts. Whilst we arent consuming much in the way of fat, its a hypothetical equivalent of 15 syns (I know they dont HAVE syns, but just to put a little perspective in).

The yogurts I eat are 43 calories so not so much harm done there. I love Muller lights ( Toffee yummmmmmmm) but they are to expensive here. I buy them if they are on offer which is so rare.

Personally, I try not to have more than 2 a day. One at breakfast and then maybe one for dessert after dinner or as a snack at suppertime. It has done my losses no harm at all. I defo wouldn't eat any more than 3 a day though.

I have taken your advice and it will be 2 a day max. from now on. I always have one for breakfast with fruit so will stick with that.

I hope the fish week gives your metabolism a good kick in the pants and gets you going again. I am not the worlds biggest fish fan either, but I will happily eat cod and tuna and salmon, and I used to love prawns, (lets not go there though) so if you like any of those then fish curry can be a good way of disguising the fish if its not your favourite taste, or a fish pie.

I am doing fish pie tonight using my 198grams of spuds and my cheese allowance as a topping and putting roasted peppers and onions and tomatoes with the fish.

Will be keeping my eyes peeled for updates.

Thank you for that. It is so encouraging to know someone cares enough to keep on eye on me !

By the way, how is my namesake getting along? Not seen any sign of her since she went home, am dying to know how she is progressing!

Your namesake is fine and sticking with it. She has lost another 4lbs since getting home. Her life is 100 miles an hour. I will give her a kick up the butt ( whilst it is still big enough to kick lol ) when I am on Skype to her later and get her to check in.

Well all the fruits you eat are a speed food, except the melon, which is superspeed (not watermelon though thats a speed not a superspeed), so they are all excellent. There are very few fruit which are not speed or superspeed, bananas is one of them though.

WOW, you must live the high life on your £2.55!!! Its nice to know that your contributions to the economy are allowing you to reap the rewards later and that our country is so giving to it's ex-pats! :8855:

Glad to hear Gill is still doing well, and yes, give her a verbal pants kick and get her to get on here!

Enjoy your fish pie, sounds lovely!

The fish pie was so delish I had it again tonight. I have decided I like smoked haddock.

I will stick with fish for a week and see what happens. I will still do my weigh in tomorrow as usual but will do an extra next Thursday which will be a week of fish.

Tomorrow I am going to try and decide what to do with my pension money ......now let me see................2 cups of coffee, a kilo of nectarines.........oh the choices. lol.

My food diary is a disaster, I did it for a while and then fell by the wayside. It might be a good idea to start again.

Well, I could not wait. I got weighed this morning after 3 days of fish.

I have lost 2lbs hurrah !!!!!!!!!

Thank you ladies for all your help. I am definitely sticking with fish for a while longer, at least another week.

Salmon tonight.

Thats fab Sue!!! I am starting fish week tomorrow - bought out the supermarket of its fish supplies today, so will get 5 days in before next WI. I would start today but I really fancy a SW fry up :D

Tonight I had the last of the smoked haddock. I just steamed it for a very short time and had it with 198 grams of S.W. chips, broccoli and half a roasted red pepper ( I love them and eat them every day ) I served the fish inside the pepper and made some tomato and onion sauce by blitzing cooked toms. and onions and dill.

Also had fish at lunchtime. I whizzed a small tin of tuna in brine in very low fat cream cheese and folded in finely chopped onion and had that with sliced tomato and cucumber and ryvitas.

Managed to find a pilates tape in our local charity shop, so that starts tomorrow.

Once again ladies thanks for all your support and help.

Gill, good luck with your fish week. I know you feel like me about fish but after a full week of it I actually like it now and am amazed at how much I have enjoyed it.

Salmon tomorrow and one of Britmumincanadas brilliant recipes.

Well I know what I am eating tomorrow night.............

Thanks Gill !!!

How are you doing with the fish week.

We have had chicken for 2 nights but going back on fish tomorrow, going to buy some lovely big, juicey gambas and have them with new potatoes and a cucumber and dill salad dressed with a low fat yogurt and tomato dressing on Sunday.

Ooh, that sounds nice. Fish week going fine here, although I did have sausages tonight instead of fish coz I had frozen all the fish I bought except the stuff that was for reasonably immediate use, which reminds me I need to get some out for tea tomorrow, being as I forgot to get some out today.

Might do a prawn curry tomorrow, if I can bring myself to erase "prawnpoogate" from my memory.

So how's it going Sue have you moved off of your plateau? I'm really curious as I came across the same problem.

I've been "maintaining" for a while now which involves watching what I eat but still allowing myself a few "extra's" every now and then (it has been relatively easy to do).

My OH has started her (Atkins) diet again recently, I was thinking of going back onto the SW diet (I would still like to loose a few kilo's). The problem is although I can follow SW quite easily I found that a couple of weeks before I stopped following the diet seriously I had also hit a plateau (no change for 2 weeks).

I have always eaten quite a lot of fish and fresh fruit, so I find this seems to fit easily into the SW diet. I'm thinking if I have to watch my calories It might be easier to follow another diet (for example weight watchers).

Thanks for asking Martin.

I am still on that plateau. Lost 2lbs the week I did fish but nothing since but I will not give up. I know it has to start coming off again soon. I think I need to step up my exercise.

Would be interested to hear what you decide to do.

I enjoyed mine and have one piece of salmon left in the freezer and will have it tomorrow cooked this way.

It's spiced vegetables tonight, had a blow out on cheese at lunchtime, 3 ounces but sinned the extra ounce ( green day ).

I am still struggling with big weight loses and only lost half a pound last week so it is defo a week of fish again for me after the chicken that has been thawed out is cooked and eaten.

How are you doing Gill ???

Back