Help !!! What do I do.

Very interested to read all your posts on this thread. I stick to plan 100 per cent all the time but just can't lose that few pounds that is really bugging me!

I'm upping my exercise at the mo, using a pedometer every day in addition to weekly swimming, aerobics and walking. I might give the fishy week a go. Does it mean eating one portion of fish per day?

I'm also intrigued, but a little scared to try, the idea of having a high calorie meal or day. Would that be a high calorie meal on-plan or off-plan? I definitely think the old metabolism has got used to what I'm feeding myself, so I can see the logic in shaking things up a bit.

As for Success Express, I do that a lot. And I think my body has got used to that, too. Surely watching our weight shouldn't be this hard work!!!!!!!!

Thanks for asking Martin.

I am still on that plateau. Lost 2lbs the week I did fish but nothing since but I will not give up. I know it has to start coming off again soon. I think I need to step up my exercise.

Would be interested to hear what you decide to do.

Hows it going Sue?
I'm back on the wagon since monday, I've decided to give it 2 weeks, but if it doesn't help I may have to switch to another diet.

I am doing o.k. thanks Martin. Lost half a pound last week and had a sneaky weigh in this morning and have lost another pound.

I have been eating mainly green but syning with a bit of extra cheese. For example yesterday at lunch time I had an extra ounce of cheese (6 syns) and in the evening for dinner I had spicy vegetables including plenty of new potatoes. It was delicious. Afterwards I had a prune yogurt and finished off with a pear and a banana.

It is obviously working.

I looked at your stats and it looks like you are at a perfect weight for you.

Cheers xxx

I am doing o.k. thanks Martin. Lost half a pound last week and had a sneaky weigh in this morning and have lost another pound.

Well done, congrats, its great to hear.

I have been eating mainly green but syning with a bit of extra cheese. For example yesterday at lunch time I had an extra ounce of cheese (6 syns) and in the evening for dinner I had spicy vegetables including plenty of new potatoes. It was delicious. Afterwards I had a prune yogurt and finished off with a pear and a banana.

It is obviously working.

I tried green for a week and gained 2 lbs :eek: I actually felt better on green days but it didn't work for me. My wife is doing the Atkins diet at the moment so this makes red days easier to combine meals.

I looked at your stats and it looks like you are at a perfect weight for you.

Cheers xxx

Oops I forgot to change my target weight :eek: according to this site my heaviest ideal weight is 184lbs. Although I don't have a slim build I don't have a particularly large frame either.

Well I'll see how it goes.

Try and stick it out Martin.

I think the biggest problem for some of us with green days is we tend to overdo the free carbs. I know it says free but I also know that if I went overboard with rice, pasta or potatoes I would gain weight.

Like you I feel so well when I do a stretch of green days. I often have a small can of tuna as it is under the allowed weight and mix it with some extra light cream cheese, onion and tomato and have it with a nice big green salad, of cucumber, dill cucumber, green pepper and lettuce. That somehow kills any craving for meat or fish protein.

Good luck with that last stone......that is always the stubborn one.

Hello!!!

Sorry to hear your plateau has returned Sue, can I recommend a speed food week? :D

I had a couple of weeks where my weight loss was 1lb, and then last week it was 2, but I am about 1/2 a stone from target now so I really expected it to tail off into a plateau.

This week is speed food week and I am trying to stuff as many of those down my throat as I can. Loads and loads of veg and fruit, chicken and tuna. Lovely stuff.

Thanks for that Gill. Do I just go through my books and select only speed foods whilst sticking to red and green.???

You are a tower of strength to me..cheers.

hugs xxx

It doesnt have to be only speed foods, but just cram as many of them as you can in! I am aiming to get 50 portions down me over the course of a week - and thank Jaylou, it was she who mentioned the idea in the first place :)

I dont think they have to be 50 DIFFERENT portions, that would be an enormous amount of wasted food, but a salad with say tinned tuna, cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, celery, spring onions in is 6, provided you have a "portion" of each. strangely, fresh tuna doesnt count but tinned does. Dont forget lots of free foods are "speed" as well as the superfree ones.

Thanks to you and Jaylou !:)

Hello!!!

Sorry to hear your plateau has returned Sue, can I recommend a speed food week? :D

I had a couple of weeks where my weight loss was 1lb, and then last week it was 2, but I am about 1/2 a stone from target now so I really expected it to tail off into a plateau.

This week is speed food week and I am trying to stuff as many of those down my throat as I can. Loads and loads of veg and fruit, chicken and tuna. Lovely stuff.

Amazing result............... I have concentrated on super foods for 3 days and the day before I had eaten just super foods but didn't know until I checked the books and I am delighted to report I have lost 3lbs, a whopping 3lbs...........very happy about that.

Amazing result............... I have concentrated on super foods for 3 days and the day before I had eaten just super foods but didn't know until I checked the books and I am delighted to report I have lost 3lbs, a whopping 3lbs...........very happy about that.

great result Sue

:party0019:

I lost 3lb this week doing speed foods Sue, so I am doing it again for another week. I am soooo close to target I can almost taste it, and it tastes of mushy pea.

I lost 3lb this week doing speed foods Sue, so I am doing it again for another week. I am soooo close to target I can almost taste it, and it tastes of mushy pea.

Congratulations Gill. That is really good.

It is a great feeling isn't it.

I am eating as many super foods as possible as well which is not a problem as I adore fruit and veg, chicken and tuna.

My gut feeling is that I will have a good weight loss again this week. It feels like it already.

WI on Saturday.

Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Back