Help with inch loss??

Chantelle

Hi

just needed a bit of advice really if anyone can help.

Im getting married in sept 2011 and have 7 stone in total that i want to lose by that time (14.5 months)

Whilst i think this is achievable as i am following ww and also exercising at the gym 3-4 times a week i have ordered my wedding dress in a size 16 to be on the safe side (if u see my other post u will see it wasnt a pleasant experience being measured at the bridal shop lol).

However the lady has told me that i will need to lose inches as follows for my size 16 dress to fit

Bust - 10 inches

Waist - 9 inches

Hips _ 10 inches

Does this seem ridiculously unachieveable? its just because i have always been so focused on weight loss as opposed to inch loss and i understand that it will vary greatly from person to person i just want some advice?

has anyone lost a few stone but also recorded inch losses?

thanks!

chantelle x

im on Cambridge diet. have lost one stone so far.
i have left my diary at work so cant give u how many inches i have lost yet...

however i got measured for a new bra yesterday and have gone down 2 inches in the back size... dont know if that helps. but i guess if u loose the 7 stone u should be ok loosing those inches?

out of curiosity if your not getting married until sept 2011 why have u already ordered the dress?

im getting married in october 2010 [!] and still do not have my outfit :)

thats helpful to know thank u preetone :)

i've only ordered the dress as my partner and i have been engaged for a few months and we would be getting married sooner if funds permitted so i did start to look for dresses and found my perfect one :) if i dont order it until next year there is a possibility it will be discontinued,,,also rather than having to pay for everything at once it helps as i've already paid half the dress this year so wont have to worry about that too much next year

do u have any idea what sort of dress/outfit u are looking for? i think you can leave it up to three/four months beforehand usually cant you?My dress is a Maggie Sottero and even though i've ordered it now its being made in America and wont be here until Feb/March!!

xx

im wearing an indian outfit. going to india in three weeks to buy it :s

im still a stone off target, however will have the outfit made so it is a little snug. i want to be a size 12/14 by october, and am a 16 atm.

still got quite alot of work to do :(

rite with one stone lost i have lost inches as follows
waist 4 inches
hips 5 inches
chest 1 inch
arms 1.5

worth keeping in mind this is not just with diet its also with alot of exercise!

thats a very good loss ^^^

I've lost 4 1/2 stone but i cant tell you how many inches that is. However i measured myself at the end of may, then the end of june i'd lost 11lbs and 2 inches from my hips, 1 from my waist

i think it has alot to do with my exercise, last time i was this weight i was still bigger. jeans that fit me at this size before are loose on me now.

thats really good to know guys thank u!

yes u r right preetone exercise does make all the difference, i've been goign to the gym 4 times a week for the last 6 weeks and feel leaner at the weight that i am now than i have done previously

I go 3/4 times a week to the gym and do 60 minutes of cardio and then weights, but as i've never lost weight before and the last time i was this weight i was about 5'1 and 13 years old i cant tell you if i was any different then haha.

Back