help

sojafay

Help:cry:
In first week of vlcd and floundering, Day 5...
Found this site and have been reading lots that
applies to me just now. Hope I can join this group and give and receive some support... Plus learn how to move around here and fit all the stuff together. Advice welcome
Thanks
Sojafay

Stay strong sojafay! In a day or so you will feel loads better. You will find loads of helpful advice and more importantly support here. Check out the inspiration slide show if you need some distraction! :)

Hi
The first week is the worst after that you feel much much better and think of the fantastic weight loss you will get - much faster than a "conventional" diet.
Goood luck
Yx

Check out the thread August Start - Day 5 and you'll see that Ally was in the exact same position as you last week and has had the most fabulous first weigh in :D stay strong we are all here for you!

Good luck, this is a fab site and there is so much support on here, no matter what you're looking for soemone can help.
xx

Hi sofajay
Welcome to Minimins
:welcome2:

Stick with it. If you can manage the first week you will find it gets so much easier after that and you will ose quickly and that will inspire you to continue.
Look at everyone's stories and pictures on here, it really helped me at the beginning.
One thing that will make you feel better is to make sure you drink plenty of water.
Good luck. Remember, we have all been where you are now.

first week is the hardest. Trust me when you go back for your weigh in you will be amazed.

keep going and good luck

hi there
hope things are getting easier - it really does make a difference after your first weigh in!
good luck
daisy x

Hi again
thanks daisy,Flex,Slenda Linda, AJB and fitness
Thinks ive posted all over the place trying to thank you all.
Managed the first week and lost 14lbs.OMGOMGOMG
you were absolutely right reading everyones experiences has been so helpful, when i feel myself wavering i come on and read them again.
Find myself see sawing between yeh i can do this and oh nooo so far to go. Head is also swimming with all the new information about ketosis and low carb. Feel kinda angry too why couldn't i have known about this years ago when i had less weight to shift sighhhhhhhh.
Anyway almost at 2nd week weigh in have been 100% so far so hoping for good things know it won't be as large as first week but every ounce a step in right direction.
Be well
Sojafay

Thanks BL
yeah very pleased cant believe it, keep shaking my head in disbelief.
Feel high with excitement and scared thinking will i be able to keep it up.
Can I ask something, i'm finding people at work quite errrr nosy and outspoken about my shake at lunch. i'm quite shy and get tongue tied when in this situation. How did you all handle this?
Be Well
Sojafay

Oh this was the bit I hated the most - ranted plenty on my blog LOL even now after 2 months I find it annoying when people say the diet is "un-natural" "un-healthy" "can't be good for you" "surely you can eat fruit and vegetables" AAAAARRGGGGHHH

Just smile sweetly and carry on your business - those you think are worth wasting your breath on - let them know the ins and outs - everyone else - let them think what they like - its no one's business but your own!!

Thanks AJB
i have ended up teling a white lie. Saying i have shakes during the day and a fully balanced meal at night , well it is, just it is another shake lol.
My problem for this week is a work team meeting which they have arranged at a tapas bar Arggggggggggh. I need to go but really scared i will fall flat on my face. Dont want the temptation as i know i am having to distract myself from eating quite a bit at the moment. I think my only option is to have a shake just before I go so i am full, get through the meeting then plead a family function i have to be at and leave. Anyone know a safe drink to have, will one diet drink do a lot of harm.
Wish I could hibernate for six months...................
Be well
Sojafay

Week 2

Hi
Thanks again Bl an Lucy
Good suggestions, I just had it in my head I had to have something and secretly really wanted a diet coke methinks lol I do miss it......sigh
Weight loss 6lb this week:) Cannot believe this diet
Please let me keep going fingers crossed lol

Be well
Sojafay

Hi
Thanks again Bl an Lucy
Good suggestions, I just had it in my head I had to have something and secretly really wanted a diet coke methinks lol I do miss it......sigh
Weight loss 6lb this week:) Cannot believe this diet
Please let me keep going fingers crossed lol

Be well
Sojafay

Hi SJ. I understand. I was a Diet Coke FIEND before I did LL....absolute addict. I was more worried about giving it up then food to be honest.

But - since then I have learned the Diet Drinks are sheer POISON to our bodies, weight maintenance and health - its HORRIBLE for you. So this might be a good chance to ditch it for good.

I have not had one sip since 7 January 2008. And never wil again, cause I would probably get addicted again. lol

I do understand though. Good luck - be strong!! :)
xx

BL
My god over 2 years without, what do you drink now apart from water. You know when you just want a taste of something diff.
You are an absolute inspiration
Be Well
Sojafay

I drink an awful lot of coffee!! lol I drink mainly coffee, bottled water and juice and Ice Tea. Every now and again I will get a small bottle of ginger ale for that something different.

I dare never take a sip of DC again though - to me it is as addictive as smoking. It is also very bad for bones, and with my various conditions, I need to do what I can to preserve my bones integrity, so that helps a lot - its a real driving force behind it. There are days I would LOVE one, and when I hear that "pfzzz" sound when someone opens a can - argh - the temptation is there!!

It has also been proven that diet drinks actually cause weight gain....so every now and then I will take a sip of my husbands regular coke, just for that cola hit. So far, its been enough. :)

:)

Thanks BL
Good too know, long way til i can sip some anyway but forewarned is forearmed.
Be Well
Sojafay

Back