Cruise PV Help

Hi not sure where I've gone wrong. Started last week did my attack phase lost half a stone in 3 days. Carried on doing on one pv one pp from last thurs noticed on mon morning put on a pound. So read on here about increasing days. Stuck to diet and lists from book. So tues and wed did pp days today did pv day ate: oat bran n no fat Greek yoghurt lunch turkey salad with balsamic vinegar. Snacked on 4 crab sticks. About 4 had peppered salmon with a few raw peppers. Got home from work late tonight had had a few butternut squash cut and dry oven baked prob 5 the size of chips. Drank 1.5 ltr of water. Weighed myself getting into bed and the scales show 4 pound increase. I'm really worried.

getting weighed at night is not a good idea after eating and drinking all day - always weigh first thing in a morning. Losing 7 lb in 3 days is a lot and some of it may have been water ..... crab sticks have a lot of salt in them. Remember eat lots of protein compared to veg 2/3 protein and 1/3 veg.

keep at it and dont be worried, this diet is fab and does defo work - I'm living proof of it and lots of other dukan minimins too. Welcome to the forum and dukan hungryhippi you've come to the best place for help I could not do without it :)

getting weighed at night is not a good idea after eating and drinking all day - always weigh first thing in a morning. Losing 7 lb in 3 days is a lot and some of it may have been water ..... crab sticks have a lot of salt in them. Remember eat lots of protein compared to veg 2/3 protein and 1/3 veg.

keep at it and dont be worried, this diet is fab and does defo work - I'm living proof of it and lots of other dukan minimins too. Welcome to the forum and dukan hungryhippi you've come to the best place for help I could not do without it :)

Thank you for your MSG weighed myself this morning and put on 2 pounds yesterday I wouldn't mind putting it on if I had cheated. But I didn't. It's Been 10 days now. I'm scared that this means I could just have a pv day and put all the weight back on. Has this happened to anyone before? Was it too much veg yesterday do you think?

I take it no one has ever been through this process of putting on weight during it. Or any other help for me. Im sorry I didn't think this forum was just for regulars who have been doing it awhile. Thought newbies going through the experience could join and maybe get any hints or advice. Obv not

Hey don't be like that, this is a great forum with lots people on it that are in different stages of the diet.

It could be a lot if reasons, they do advise not to weigh in after a PV day so that's a start. Most if not all of us gain after a PV day.

It could be you did eat too much veg. Why don't you start a diary & post your menus & it will be easier to spot if you are going wrong somewhere. Don't be dishearted though keep going x

I don't lose as much after a PV day, but i did read that it can happen.

the forum is for anyone, but not everyone is on all the time, sometimes there can be a some hours before someone is around to reply, or has had similar experiences...plus of course there is a time differnce. People from all over the world are members. If i think I need an answer and no one is about to answer i search the forum for answers. Use the search bar at the top.

I hope you find more help looking around the forum.

hmm sounds a little strange
i too am a newbie on here! i dont have much experience with the question your after (because i am new) but i just wanted to say it is a good place to come for help and advice! everyone on here is straght up as far as i have found.#
i hope this gets sorted for you, i am interested to know for my journey ahead never know when or what i may need to know.
good luck with the answers, i think posting your food diary on here is a great idea!!
and good luck with the rest of your own dukan journey!!

I don't understand the abruptness of the post and in fact find the tone quite unpleasant, but here is my opinion. Firstly, weight fluctuates - if you insist on weighing yourself every day you are going to see that some days it goes up as well as down. Overall, following Dukan definitely results in weight loss! Other things are - as Chris said, eat lots of protein every day so maybe another time have a tin of tuna with the BNS chips, for example. Snack on protein - boiled eggs prehaps, or cold chicken? Crab sticks seem to make lots of people stall, I've never had them but have I have been on this site for a long time and often see this. Salty foods show a short term gain, water-weight, so too much processed meat, salt, soy sauce, bacon etc will make you bloat. Write up a food diary with exactly what you are consuming, search this site for ideas too.
When I was new to this site I read a lot of threads in the history for tips and advice too, Minimins is supportive and has lots of advice. I wish everyone on a weight loss journey every success.

Hungryhippi, Just to chime in, don't get obsessed and weigh yourself too often - that will cause upset and risk all the good you are doing. This diet does work, it really does, just read up the science behind it then the vast number of testimonials out there. Weigh yourself once a week, at the same time, preferably in the morning before anything to eat and drink and after the morning bowel/bladder movements! Weight does fluctuate, accept that. Some weeks you will loose, some you won't. Accept that. The weight you lost in attack will mostly be water weight, but it's still a good incentive to keep at it. Don't get hung up on weight loss so early on, don't be tempted to go hungry (thats not how Dukan works) and, dare I say it, get some support from friends, family, GP etc. This is a lovely friendly forum but don't expect instant answers, not everyone can get on here that often. Read through all the old posts for a wealth of information and guidence. This is a fantastic and in my case very easy way to lose weight, but please don't expect miracles - at least not right away! Good luck!!

I know other people have said it... but weighing yourself everyday and weighing yourself at night aren't the best way forward! I know from experience! In my first 2 weeks I was slightly crazy about weighing myself everyday.. and was upset when I saw that other people we're losing more than me (on Attack I only lost 3lbs :mad:..) and when I'd put on weight but done everything right! I regularly had a 2lb variance - which when you're just starting can be quite demoralising!

Now I'm almost a month in, weighing in a couple of times a week (Saturday / Wednesday e.g.) and have lost nearly 8lbs - and I had a very bad weekend where I drank / ate what I wanted and a couple of other boozy nights!... (I'm 24 with a social life... I know I shouldn't drink, but it's not every weekend and I've given up bread - I need something :rolleyes:!) I know it's not as much as some people - but I'm happy with it - and people have said they can definitely see it in my face / neck etc.

I'm more of a lurker in the forum... I honestly don't have that much to say! but I come and read a few times a week, find suggestions, and its nice to know that other people are there if I need it! Please stick with it, and don't get disheartened - you've made it this far - starting is the hardest thing!

I know other people have said it... but weighing yourself everyday and weighing yourself at night aren't the best way forward! I know from experience! In my first 2 weeks I was slightly crazy about weighing myself everyday.. and was upset when I saw that other people we're losing more than me (on Attack I only lost 3lbs :mad:..) and when I'd put on weight but done everything right! I regularly had a 2lb variance - which when you're just starting can be quite demoralising!

Now I'm almost a month in, weighing in a couple of times a week (Saturday / Wednesday e.g.) and have lost nearly 8lbs - and I had a very bad weekend where I drank / ate what I wanted and a couple of other boozy nights!... (I'm 24 with a social life... I know I shouldn't drink, but it's not every weekend and I've given up bread - I need something :rolleyes:!) I know it's not as much as some people - but I'm happy with it - and people have said they can definitely see it in my face / neck etc.

I'm more of a lurker in the forum... I honestly don't have that much to say! but I come and read a few times a week, find suggestions, and its nice to know that other people are there if I need it! Please stick with it, and don't get disheartened - you've made it this far - starting is the hardest thing!

Thank you to everyone for their replies first chance I've had to read them. Sorry I was so abrupt I was just so worried that I was doing something wrong and I really want this to work. Anyway good news I've still stuck to it and the weight I put on has come off. I'm not going to weigh myself after pv days. I didn't know you shouldn't.

Hi Hungry and welcome, have you started your diary yet? Its one of the great tools on this forum and posting your meus is a great way for the Dukaners to see if your choices are good, I have found planning ahead meals so you dont have to think mmmm what can i have next is also a great tool good luck, be patient and the losses will happen x

Hey HH, keep going with Dukan you will succeed, ive tried nearly every diet going, now i feel that i have some control around food, i know that if you have pp days you lose weight, but you need to have the pv days for your body to get into the rhythm of weight loss, knock salt on the head and look out for prepacked processed meats. i only weigh 2 times per week otherwise the scales mess with your head and you lose motivation.

Read the Dukan book, plan you meals for the week and don't get bored, there are tons of recipes to try, i copy and paste them into a word document on the lap top, up to know i have about 60 recipes!! Cx

Thanks so much for all your replies. Again I apologise for my outburst think I was just panicking over nothing. I havnt done my diary but ivd stopped weighing myself everyday and feel in total control now 2 weeks on I've lost 8 pounds altogether which I'm really pleased with. I'm planning my meals and must say I'm a terrible cook but been reading your recipes and loved them all and enjoyed making them. I had steak and butternut squash chips tonight. I cooked the steak in the oven with Dijon mustard on it. Was lovely. Thank you again for your support ESP with the way I had an outburst. Im suprised you just didn't ignore me.

It can be soul destroying when you have worked so hard at something and feel your not getting anywhere, You were just a bit frustrated by the sounds. Dont panic your doing really well 8lbs in 2 weeks is fab!! when you go into cruise only expect to lose 1-2 lbs per week. Ive been losing a lb a week for ages but im ok with that, 52 weeks in a year that's 52 lbs off!! Don't take you eye off the bigger picture and try not to micromanage your weight loss our weight does fluctuate on a daily basis depending on what we have eaten and how active we have been and most importantly how constipated we are lol.

Nobody is a worse cook than me!! but the recipes are easy to follow and i must admit im getting better and would even go as far as to say im enjoying the planning and cooking, even my son and OH are eating what ive cooked!!

I personally have found this site very supportive and inspirational, everyone on here is here because they have been/are overweight and want to do something about it.

Dont forget to sort out a tracker, Good luck and keep at it. Cx

Glad to see you haven't given up & well done on your loss that's fab in just 2 weeks. It really is a great forum so if you need any advice just shout, someone will get back to you. Have a look at some of the diaries if you don't feel like starting your own just yet, they are also a great source of information as well as being inspirational.

Good luck hun x

Glad its going well now. There's no rules about when or how often you weigh. I know its been suggested that the morning after a PV day that people don't show as much loss but personally, after this weeks readings, its the opposite for me. PV days i seem to lose more the next day. But I've decided for now, regardless of what the scales say I am weighing every day. For one thing its a record and I can see where I have gone wrong. If I eat something and don't lose the next day and it was the only thing different I'd had then I'll know to avoid it.

Plan menu's in advance, it really does work. I plan the whole day, and have a four week plan to use, and if i can't think of anything different after that I'll go back to week 1.
Helps with shopping and making sure you have everything in stock.

Good luck

Thanks so much for all your replies. Again I apologise for my outburst think I was just panicking over nothing. I havnt done my diary but ivd stopped weighing myself everyday and feel in total control now 2 weeks on I've lost 8 pounds altogether which I'm really pleased with. I'm planning my meals and must say I'm a terrible cook but been reading your recipes and loved them all and enjoyed making them. I had steak and butternut squash chips tonight. I cooked the steak in the oven with Dijon mustard on it. Was lovely. Thank you again for your support ESP with the way I had an outburst. Im suprised you just didn't ignore me.

lol the girls here are amazing and one thing ive noticed is they are very patient and helpful. they know this diet works and now so do you! and dont worry too much about the outburst we all have our moments ... well i know i do lol!! the reason i didnt ignore you was because you sounded paniced i get like that nad who could blame you i wouldnt want to restrict waht i ate for days thinking i was putting on weight what would be the point of that???

anyway glad to hear all is going well and 8lbs yay thats brilliant!! hope to chat again soon xx

Back