Here's to getting the old me back!

I think the question of how to manage off packs is one that scares many people, me included as I made such a balls up of it last time. Excuse my french. It can be done as Slendablenda and Blond Logic ( and others those were the two I remeber most) are testiment to. Finding the way to cope is the challenge. Good luck with your challenge, no answers here from me I would refer you to those with more success at it under their belts lol

Fab news about the interview, always nice to be recognised as good enough to be inteviewed x

Spanglymum said:
(and I did get 'piste'!)

( ta da boom)

(sorry!!! Couldn't resist!)

Pmsl. Cracking!!! Girl after my own heart. Glad everything went well for you hun. Xxx

Hey spangly great news about the job, wishing you luck my lovely xx

Also fab idea collecting healthy meal ideas, I might follow your lead on that closer to goal. I tended to be so busy at work that planning meals was no longer a priority and I ate whatever I fancied, usually junk!

Happy Easter xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Congratulations and good luck on the job front - I hope it works out for you :) You have done so well on your LL journey and reading about it all is inspiring! I too am really scared about life "after the packs" as I worry about not being able to stay in control. I love cooking and have been cooking every day since on LL so I don't worry about what to make so much but whether I can address all my issues and sort my head out to stop myself binging.

I am sure you can do this though, the fact that you are so conscious of it and posting on here shows that you are actually in control and not burying your head in the sand. Good luck and keep writing, it helps (me!!) xx

Good luck for the job nterview Spangly. I'm sure you'll let us know how it goes. What will you wear?
Clara, thanks for the kind comments. Yes, it is possible to keep the weight off after packs, but it's not always easy. You just have to remember what life was like before and to be aware that if you go back to your old eating and drinking habits you'll go back to your old size! I think it all depends how important it is to you.
It's that boring old adage - moderation I'm afraid - with a few treats, just not as many as before.
My treats nowadays are nice colourful clothes and heels!

Good luck hun xxx

Well the interview went well I think. They were asking about my availability for second interviews, so I saw that as a good sign! Fingers crossed.

Weigh in tonight - I lost 8lb!!! Still can't believe it as I didn't lose that much in my first week originally - but very pleased/relieved to be heading back to goal again.

Thanks for all the good wishes by the way. You are all fab!!

Well done on both the interview and the weightloss!!

Fingers crossed for a second interview xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:wow::wow::superwoman::fingerscrossed:

wow well done on ur loss girl!!! xxx

Well done that woman. How about a pic of that fab outfit?

Well done! That's fantastic xx

8LBS!!!! That's fantastic! I'm so glad the interview went well - must be a real confidence boost. Well done x

You are amazingly good at regaining control before it escalates even more.
You continue inspiring me and I will look up to you on my next stage of the journey.
Well done on the weight loss and the interview my dear xxx

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

8lbs off is a great result!!

A fab reward for getting back on track and focused again -you must be so pleased!! :)
:)

Delighted the interview went well, good luck with the second. xx

I wish I still felt so upbeat :confused:. Today has been a weird day. I've had an ok time - took the girls to church then went to IKEA for the remaining bits of our cupboard/wardrobe (have been having a massive clearout during my holiday and getting the house organised. Been very put out by some of my mother-in-law's comments while she was here... so have been through the house like a whirlwind, BINNING, RECYCLING, TIDYING, CLEANING), then haven't really stopped all day - and am SO grumpy. Found myself eating a piece of cheese and some biscuits just now :cry:. I think one "trigger" is that several people at church this morning asked me if I was ok as I've lost so much weight. Eek. I was feeling great about getting back close to my goal until they said that. Why does it still bother me what other people may or may not think? :cry:

And my hubby has been struggling all weekend. His legs went totally numb Friday night but he has been able to mobilise a little today and yesterday. Finally ordered himself a wheelchair today. Feels very sensible and right and a relief in some ways but also a huge milestone.

Fed up as well. Post-holiday blues (early?) as I go back to work on Tuesday. Someone cheer me up!

(Oh and hubby has been so supportive until this latest bit... I guess I can understand him being frustrated by me being back on packs, but I wish he wouldn't keep buying the 2kg boxes of broken biscuits from the milkman! He knows biscuits are my nemesis!!! Gah! :wave_cry::sigh:)

awww sorry u havent had the best day, as for the comments you received you just need to let them go right over your head.... your not ill, you are healthy and have improved your healthy considerably by doing LL so dont you worry about what they think!!!! theres no telling some people though, so let them think what they like xxxxx mmmmmm biscuits!!!!

Oh Spangly,
Those of us who have done LL before you will relate to some of what you are feeling.
The feeling of euphoria at getting to goal can never remain at such a high. That's why maintenance is so hard and we have to keep reminding ourselves of what we have achieved and the differences since before we lost the weight. Look at your photos.........!
Look at your job prospects.....?
The situation with your hubby is really tough, but wouldn't be different if you weren't doing LL. I hope it will turn out to be a positive move for him to start using the wheelchair.
The family, in-law stuff is universal isn't it? What about "he who casts the first stone"? Would you go and comment on their houses - I don't think so. That's because you are a nicer person and life's too short to worry about a bit of dust (says she who used to get teased for having the cleanest of skirting boards!).
I've got a little plaque I bought for myself, it says:
That's not dirt in my house, it's Angel dust!

It was when my husband was seriously ill, I was working full time, he was in hospital in a different county, I was trying to keep everything going - I realised that as long as my house was relatively clean and hygienic it really didn't matter what other people might think. Mind you I still found time to console myself with food and wine in those days.
Now I am facing a scary health challenge of my own I will have to rely on my OH to keep things going. I'll have to remind myself not to expect too much.
It's strange how old habits are still there. For the past 2 weeks I have found it really difficult to not keep allowing myself "treats" like the bar of chocolate that has been in my kitchen cupboard for months. At the end of the day it doesn't matter - as long as he does the shopping, cooking, house work, looks after me and the cats, waters my plants and keeps good humour! Only joking, but it does make us realise what we cope with day in and day out, doesn't it?
As for the people at Church, ignore what they say - did they come up to you when you were overweight as ask if you are okay because you were putting your health at risk -NO!
isn't it amazing how people feel they have the right to comment when we become thinner than them!!!!!!!
Stay strong hun xxx

Honey. Sending you a big hug.
You're such an amazing woman! So strong!
LL and abstinence weirdly gives us a sense of comfort and peace so when the journey is over it can feel quite scary and... somewhat lonely.
On the other hand you are entering an amazing stage of your journey. The maintaince.
It's new to you so no wonder you're feeling a bit out of place. Remember how scared we were when we first started LL?
It still worked itself out and it will do that this time too. With time!
I don't know if you're still going to meetings but I'm sure that must be helping. SB would agree no doubt.
Maybe try talking about it to your group? What does your LLC say?
Whatever happens hun we are all here for you!
Lots of love xx

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Back