Hi

mojoglory

sorry, not a long intro'. i'm severely disabled, unable to be weighed, cannot measure myself, and can do very little for myself. is there anyone else in a similar situation? i weigh approx 13 st, am about 5' and if i try to exercise, i get weaker faster, and my muscles do not regain strength - fine balance of doing as much as i can (can't type, use dictation, slow but can just move mouse, and that's it), without becoming permanently weaker, faster. what i have is progressive. but i want to lose weight, and started slim and save last tuesday! :eek:

Hi not in the same situation but wanted to say hi and bounce your thread good luck.

K

mojoglory said:
sorry, not a long intro'. i'm severely disabled, unable to be weighed, cannot measure myself, and can do very little for myself. is there anyone else in a similar situation? i weigh approx 13 st, am about 5' and if i try to exercise, i get weaker faster, and my muscles do not regain strength - fine balance of doing as much as i can (can't type, use dictation, slow but can just move mouse, and that's it), without becoming permanently weaker, faster. what i have is progressive. but i want to lose weight, and started slim and save last tuesday! :eek:

Hi mojo :) thought I'd have a peek at your posts after our coke chat lol! How you finding the diet so far? I imagine the first few days were tough for you if you weaken quickly, however am guessing you're in ketosis now - hopefully much easier!! Not in same situation but look forward to seeing your progress hun... I keep sabotaging my progress by picking :( I started at just under 13st 6 weeks ago and am now 11.6 :) could have been more but like I say... too much picking ;) you sound very determined so you'll do well xx

Welcome mojo! There's lots of really good information in the stickies on this forum. Let us know if you have any questions and good luck on your journey!

Hi mojoglory, and welcome. Hope you are enjoying s&s. I don't have a disability but my oh does and many of our friends so if you want to talk then you know where i am xx

you certainly are all very friendly, thank you for your warm welcome :)

I'm very used to having my disability as I was diagnosed as a toddler, and ended up using an electric wheelchair when I was eight. The problem is with my condition that so many of us are either very overweight or extremely underweight, and although I was more or less okay from the age of 14 to 26, the pounds piled on for no particular reason. I literally can eat just 100 cal over an allotted 800 cal and gain weight immediately, not even with treats! I find it quite difficult to physically eat food, and really detest the idea of being fed, so often a meal would take me an hour or more to complete as much as I could eat of it (not an empty plate), so having the shakes and bars is a lot easier for me. I don't have a massive appetite, and I'm lucky that although I can't do very much physically, I can take my mind off food cravings (not have many at all, only when hungry and due to eat) by reading or listening to music and reading, or generally keeping my mind active. I have good friends and am able to go out providing I have somebody helping me, and am generally very cynical and have a very slanted view on life…

My problem really is the actual issues of not being able to be weighed or measured. I asked my carer to do a dodgy quick camera shot today before they got me dressed – not a pretty sight, but at least I can see if I'm losing. Luckily for you guys, they are a little bit too personal to be able to share ;-) But definitely a wake-up call to me, I do feel physically repulsed by looking at them so that is a great incentive :)

There's an app which lets you take a photo of our face every day and then will show you them in a kind of time lapse photography - if I'd known about it at the start of my journey then I would definitely have used it as I think it can give you a really good view of the changes. Not sure what it's called though - any of you guys know?

Hey mojo!

Welcome to the nicest messageboard i've EVER been on!

You can't get weighed but you can use a tapemeasure?

You can take measurements of your upper arms, bust, waist, thighs and hips then compare them in a months time.

That's a good way to see if it works or not.

Good luck and I hope it goes well for you.

:)

Back