HLV's Food Diary

Uhh I guess it was kinda like dancing...we had music on...:p

Thanks! Luckily all the creamy curries are non vegan so I can't have them anyway, otherwise I'd be in trouble! Bet you can't wait for that Indian at target!

Uhh I guess it was kinda like dancing...we had music on...:p

Thanks! Luckily all the creamy curries are non vegan so I can't have them anyway, otherwise I'd be in trouble! Bet you can't wait for that Indian at target!

hahahaha
6.gif

I really cant!! I can practically taste it!! Its been over a year now!! - since ive had indian that is!! lol xx

Last edited:
over a year?!?! HOW?!

Thought I'd update with today's foods

Breakfast - hot chocolate (3 syns) with soy milk (A)

Lunch - pasta n sauce with 2 potato waffles (5 syns)

Dinner - Falafel (3 syns) mixed veg, mash (1 syn) and gravy (2 syns)

Drinks - tea, squash

Syns - 14

I was gonna try and cut back on my syns to make up for JD and coke-arama on Saturday but I was in such a bingey mood today that I decided to have what I wanted within my days syns rather than risk limiting myself and going mental with some peanut butter later. Just hope I have a loss tomorrow, bloody alcohol better not ruin what would have been a great week.

I hope your great week isn't ruined, mate. Probly not. Think of all that Body Magic!

I had a bad 1st half & good 2nd half of the week: I'd lurve a pound off, but I'm not at all sure! Back in The Zone now though, so whatever happens I'll have a good next week.

Text me, as ever? I will you. Minx and Lurverick should both be dancing for us!

Aye...wasn't quite Jillian but close enough I'd say!

Glad to hear you're back in the zone Jim, I will do a little dance for you tomorrow and my fingers will be crossed! I will text you as always :D

Good luck for WI huni!!! Hope you have a good one, im sure your alcohol wont do too much damage, you did work it off after all!! lol

Yea it's been a year since i had a proper takeaway, i have cooked indians at home but their just not the same, i suppose i dont trust myself enough to have one until i have a target range lol

Im doing the WI dance for you and JoT too!! xx

RIGHT.

I am back this time. I swear. I've sort of been bumbling along following SW half heartedly and I need to get back into it 100% and start losing again.

My losses have been up and down recently because of my laziness but I managed to get into a Vivienne of Holloway 50s style halterneck dress last week in preparation for my mums wedding in May! It was so pretty and something I've always wanted to wear. The annoying part was that I ended up being a size 20 in their vintage sizes (I'm a 12/14 now) but it did look nice and we ended up having to get the dress that day because they are phasing out the material I like best. So, not too much of a disaster if my losses slow down but I can always get it taken in if they start picking up again.

But anyway. Back to food and stuff.

Green

Breakfast - like it ever happens, but will get on to it soon.

Lunch - 2 small baked potatoes, coated in salt and 1 tbsp olive oil (B) served with 1 tsp soy butter (2 syn) and homemade dal (red lentils, tomatoes, onion, garlic)

Dinner - Will be pasta arrabiata with some fried mushrooms

Will also do a hot choc (3 syns) with soy milk (A) before bed.

Drinks - sugar free pop, tea

Syns - 5

I'm poorly today with a UTI so I had to rush to the dr this morning and I'm now spending the day drinking tons of fluids to help my meds flush it all out :( No fun but I am going to see Paul tonight at the cinema. Hopefully I won't be bursting for the loo every 2 minutes by the time I go to see it.

Here is my plan for today!

Green

Breakfast -

Lunch - McCains Rustic Oven chips (4 syns) baked beans, fried mushrooms and Fry's Chicken Style Nuggets (3.5 syns) and sweetcorn

Dinner - Pasta Arrabiata (B for the oil)

Drinks - lots of water, pop and hot choc (3 syns) with soy milk (A)

Syns - 10.5

Breakfast

Lunch - Leftover wholemeal casserole from yonks back, found it in the freezer. Going to count a B section for it because I'm sure I used olive oil in it.

Dinner - Fry's chicken nuggets (3.5 syns), Redwoods rashers (1.5) baked beans, fried mushrooms and mash potato (1 syn for soy butter, A for soy milk)

Keeping my syns low because I have a meal out to Nandos tomorrow and the cinema again.

Drinks - pop, tea (A) and squash

Syns - 6

Breakfast

Lunch - Leftover wholemeal casserole from yonks back, found it in the freezer. Going to count a B section for it because I'm sure I used olive oil in it.

Dinner - Fry's chicken nuggets (3.5 syns), Redwoods rashers (1.5) baked beans, fried mushrooms and mash potato (1 syn for soy butter, A for soy milk)

Keeping my syns low because I have a meal out to Nandos tomorrow and the cinema again.

Drinks - pop, tea (A) and squash

Syns - 6

Oooh, Nandos? Can we eat there then? What is available for vegans?

Thanks

Yep, last time I went there was a vegan veggie burger, hummus and pitta, ratatouille, mushy peas, chips and rice that were all vegan. Not been for a while but they have a special menu labelling what's vegan at every restaurant so I'll be checking that when we get there to make sure none of the recipes have changed.

Weirdly the bean burger wasn't vegan last time I checked, it has cheese in it. But the veggie one was okay and delicious!

Yep, last time I went there was a vegan veggie burger, hummus and pitta, ratatouille, mushy peas, chips and rice that were all vegan. Not been for a while but they have a special menu labelling what's vegan at every restaurant so I'll be checking that when we get there to make sure none of the recipes have changed.

Weirdly the bean burger wasn't vegan last time I checked, it has cheese in it. But the veggie one was okay and delicious!

Brilliant! I might end up in one over the weekend and I was imagining chips would be the only vegan option. Right now I'm too keen to lose weight to eat normal chips but its soooooo hard to sit at a restaurant table and not eat.

Have a good time yourself

Time to post my weekend update so far! It's not been the easiest weekend but it's not been terribly off plan. Peeked on the scales this morning and I'm still showing a loss, so 2 more days back on plan 100% before weigh in and I should be fine. Cutting my syns down to 7-10 each day to try and make up for my meals out over the last few days.

Friday

Breakfast - ...
Lunch - pasta n sauce with Fry's nuggets (3.5)
Dinner - Burger at Nandos with peas and chips

No idea how to estimate the syns on that, I saved my HE Bs so it shouldn't be too bad...

Drinks - Hazelnut soy hot chocolate (5 syns maybe? with an A) diet pop and tea

Saturday

I crashed at my friends on Friday night and there are always food issues surrounding this. 1) he's as unvegan as you could get and 2) he barely eats or has any food in his cupboard. Last time I checked and scolded him there was some bread, some tinned hot dogs, uncle bens rice, corned beef, peanut butter and weetabix. So basically...I don't eat if I'm round there...unless of course we order the usual takeaway that we managed to skip by having Nandos the night before!

I ended up going straight to another friends place the next day and realised that I'd eaten nothing and it was 3pm by the time I got there. So I grabbed a veg sausage roll from Holland and Barretts and scoffed it. No idea of the syns.

We also went out to Wagamama that evening and I had a meal (and no side dishes!). So I'm thinking it's more of a calorie counted day, wasn't really SW but wasn't too bad because I didn't really eat much anyway.

Sunday

Back on track with a vengeance!

Breakfast - Soy hot choc (3 syns + A)
Lunch - Jacket potato with soy butter (1 syn) and leftover wholewheat casserole (B)
Dinner - no idea yet. Off to see my friend at a gig later and don't want to eat out, so it will either be summit quick before or summit quick after.

I doubt I'll be having anymore syns today because dinner will probably be free...SO...

Syns - 4

Hey babe,

Just popping in to see how your doing!! Weekends are my biggest downfall, not too bad calories as i dont eat alot but what i do eat is pants! lol

Good to hear your still showing a loss! A couple of good days will balance any damage done xxx

Thanks for popping in Pesty, good to see you! :D

Well I did end up eating out yesterday, but all I had was sweet potato wedges and a small amount of ketchup. I had a B section left which should cover any oil, so probably was only a 1-2 syn meal. Not bad!

Snack - Cup of pasta

Lunch - When I get round to it, will be Mexican bean pittas (Bx2) (kidney beans, tabasco, spring onion, coriander, lettuce and tomato)

Dinner - Lemon and leek risotto (approx 3 syns for soy butter/olive oil...not decided what I'm using yet)

Drinks - tea with soy milk (A), squash and maybe a hot choc (3 syns) with soy milk (A)

I managed to find vegan low fat jelly in Sainsbury's today, the weight watchers stuff (1/2 a syn per serving) is totally vegan, even checked the colourings and everything. Yay! So if I'm even tempted to sabotage before WI tomorrow, I will have some of that.

Syns 6-6.5

Last edited:
Back