HLV's Food Diary

Hello everyone :D

You'll be happy to hear I've been having more breakfasts!

Saturday:

Breakfast - Toast (B) and marmite

Lunch - pasta n sauce and some chicken pieces (I'll be honest I didn't count the syns, but I didn't have much)

Dinner - Veggie chicken in black bean sauce and boiled rice (6 syns)

Drinks - water, squash

Syns - probably 10ish

Sunday:

Brunch - Fry up! Veggie sausages, baked beans, cheeze (A), mushrooms, onions, veggie rashers (3 syns) and a potato waffle (2.5 syns) all fried in 1 tbsp olive oil (B)

Dinner - no idea yet, maybe some pasta and veggies. I really need to go shopping!

I ended up not having dinner last night, which is really bad but I honestly just wasn't hungry. I ended up going to the cinema at 6pm and by the time I got home it was 9.30 and I couldn't be bothered.

Here is todays plan

Breakfast - 2 chocolate weetabix (2 syns + B) with soy milk (A)

Lunch - SW chips, tinned veggie spag bol, cheeze (A) and fried onions and mushrooms.

Dinner - Butterbean and Apple stew. I know you're supposed to syn apples when you cook them but there are only 2 in the whole recipe (it serves 6) so I'm not going to. It will be my second attempt to cook butterbeans from when they're dried. Very nervous, I boiled them for HOURS a few years ago and they still were inedible. Hopefully soaking them for hours will help :)

Up, breakfasting and posting, before 11 am???

Blimey, Veg - what's got into you??

Haha, I know, it's madness! I've been getting up early everyday and desperately looking for work, it's quite good at getting me to have some breakfast. I need to procrastinate a little bit :D

No point me really updating today because it's weigh day and I just don't ever eat until after class (I know, I know).

But anyway, here is a photo of my dinner last night. It came out LAAAVELY and I'm proud of my edible butter beans

AppleandButterbeanStew.jpg

I can't see pics from my work pooter, so I'll have to have another look later.

Good luck for Weigh in - will let you know on mine too.

Thanks Jim! As you know, I lost 2.5lb this week. Woohoo!

I am celebrating with a vegetable roast stuffed wholemeal pittas with a bowl of apple and butterbean stew. Nomnomnom.

Ooh really? I'm gonna have to get myself to Co-op! I forgot how much I love pitta nomnomnom.

Breakfast - didn't happen today because I desperately need to get shopping in.

Lunch - vegetable roast (2 syns) branston pickle (1/2 tbsp - 1/2 syn), salad and 1 wholemeal pitta (B)

Dinner - Will be a spicy facon gnocci bake, topped with cheeze (A). Will probably serve it with salad. I'll work out the syns later and update!

I have a B section left, so need to work out what I'm going to do for that. Might look online and see what's new that I can have, fancy a change!

Drinks - squash, tea

Syns - 10.5

UPDATE: Gnocci bake ended up being 8 syns. I had 2 linda sausages chopped up in there, also had extra cheeze and decided not to do hot chocolate tonight. Served my dinner with salad and some balsamic vinegar. Was delicious!

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

Had a busy day today, I started off being lazy and watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the original series I'll have you know) when I found out a friend of mine was in hospital. So, I spent the whole afternoon running around London to bring him soy milk and soy spread, because the hospital was rubbish for catering for vegans. Then I had to find a maplins to get him a cable he needed for his phone. Then I finally visited him for a few hours. Just got back and even though I had a big lunch I am STARVING..So here goes:

Breakfast - I know, I'm rubbish..

Lunch - Leftover gnocci bake (8 syns + A)

Dinner - Baked vegetable casserole, couscous and wholemeal pitta (B)

Drinks - squash

Syns - 8

Thank you, he's been worse today and a surgical team are talking about what to do next, they don't really know what's wrong. I went to see him again today so I'm exhausted, but managed to keep on plan!

I'm sure I will have a nice weekend relaxing! I hope you have a good one too!

Breakfast - didn't happen because I was rushing around making food for my mate

Lunch - Leftover vegetable casserole, couscous and 2 falafel bites (1 syn)

Dinner - will be 2 linda sausages (4 syns) veggie bacon (2 syns) cheezy mash (A + 2 syns for soy spread) wholemeal bread (B), fried mushrooms and gravy (2 syns max)

Drinks - squash, tea

Syns - 11, maybe 14 if I have a hot chocolate later

Well here is my plan for today!

Brunch: Fry up! 2 Linda's (4 syns), veggie bacon (2 syns), fried mushrooms, baked beans, 1 potato waffle (2.5 syns)

Snack: Soup (B) and wholemeal bread (B)

Dinner - Butternut squash pasta

Drinks - tea, squash, hot chocolate (3 syns) with soy milk (A)

Syns - 11.5

menu for today looking good! not to mention extremely tasty!!
hope your friend is better soon hun x

Brunch: Fry up! 2 Linda's (4 syns), veggie bacon (2 syns), fried mushrooms, baked beans, 1 potato waffle (2.5 syns)

my mouth is watering *droools big slavvers on keyboard* :drool:

the rest of the day sounded good too.....but Ive got fry ups and potato waffles on the brain now! mmmmm wonder if I can bribe the OH into going to the shop :whistle:

Hope your friend is a bit better today hun? and I hope you manage to get some 'you time' with your feet up x x

FANTASTIC WEIGHT LOSS!! Well done

Your menu's are making me drool, how do you make your facon gnocci? i love gnocci but assumed it would be way too high in syns

Hope your poor friend is on the mend soon, you certainly won't need to exercise this week all that running around you've been!!!

Hope you have a bit of time to yourself this week, donna x

Thank you both, I ended up going to a mates house last night and had a good laugh!

Yesterdays plan changed slightly, in that I didn't eat here and ended up having an indian takeaway at my friends house. I had a veggie biriyani which isn't that bad...but then I made the mistake of play fighting and trying to smack my mate the arm while he was stood by an open door.

...Turns out it really hurts when you swing at something solid at full force...clipped two of my fingers on the door, one of which ended up with a really nasty blood blister. It hurt so much (and I was trying not to cry, just so I could have some dignity!) that I ended up having a few JD and cokes to help ease the pain. I'd like to think I made up with it with some...ahem...drunken 'body magic' ( :D:D yes I totally went there) later in the evening, but I'll need to limit my syns until tuesday!

Breakfast - Cup of tea with soy milk and 1 sugar (1 syn) because my friend has NO food in his cupboards

Lunch - Haven't had it yet but will probably be a pasta n sauce

Dinner - will either be chickpea and mushroom bangers with SW chips and beans OR more pasta if I get round to doing the dish I was supposed to do last night. Who knows what will happen?!

I'd like to think I made up with it with some...ahem...drunken 'body magic' ( :D:D yes I totally went there) later in the evening, but I'll need to limit my syns until tuesday!

Bananeyessss.gif
hahaha. I do hope you mean there was lots of drunken dancing!! lol

Well done for not having something naughty from the take-away! Im waiting til target to have my 1st indian :) I can do other things on plan but its just not the same for me if its not creamy and naany lol.

x

Back