HLV's Food Diary

1.08.10 Red Day

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - Leftover Mushy Pea Curry (3 1/2 syns)

Dinner - Leftover Frittata (2 syns) and a small baked potato (B) with 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

Snacks - Gonna get some melon down me before I go to bed, not been too hungry today. Maybe hot chocolate (3 1/2 syns) and soya milk (A)

Drinks - Squash and Lemonade

Syns - 6 1/2 or 10 depending on the hot chocolate

2.08.10 Red Day

Breakfast - let's not talk about that...:(

Late Lunch - 3 Fry's sausages, Baked Beans (B) and mushrooms fried in fry light

Snack - Chocolate Weetabix (B + 2 syns) with soya milk (A) and frozen raspberries

Dinner - Will be Frittata (2 syns) and a salad (beetroot, spinach, carrot, pepper, tomatoes, cucumber)

Will probably have some melon and banana after as well.

Drinks - Lemonade, green tea and squash

Syns - 4

Well I had WI last night and I lost 2lbs. Woo!

02.08.10 Green Day

Wanted to do another Red day today but it's been a horrible day and I reached for the carbs. I just wrote a week long meal plan though and plan to have 5 days out of 7 Red.

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - Leftover Frittata (2 syns) and Pasta n Sauce

Dinner - Jacket potato with Hummus (B) and beetroot

Snacks - Chocolate Weetabix (B + 2 syns), Soy milk (A) and raspberries

Syns = 4

4.08.10 Red Day

Today hasn't been good, I felt like crap and barely ate until dinner time.

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch -

Dinner - Fry's Chicken Strips, pepper and mushrooms (3 1/2 syns) with mustard and spinach sauce (2 syns and A). Served with broccoli, cauliflower and boil new potatoes (B)

Syns - 5 1/2

hahaha thanks....1...2...3...PRIDE!!

Hey!

I was scared that veganism would be limiting, but it actually introduced me to a whole load of foods I'd never heard of! I probably eat a wider variety of foods now than I ever did before. My diet is a bit bland at the moment, mostly because I'm trying to get used to eating SW style and also because I'm trying to cook on the cheap.

The soy cheese I use is called Toffuti and it can be found at Holland and Barretts as well as other health food shops, same goes for the Fry's products. Cheezly is a great vegan cheese for melting and I find sheese tastes more like the real thing. I know Pure do cheese slices and a spread that is sold in supermarkets, but I wasn't too impressed by it.

I usually have Provamel or Alpro soy yogurts. I love the cherry flavours and apricot. I've had the Asda ones and thought they were quite good lol, what flavour did you have?

My biggest tip would probably be to research online beforehand, you don't want bad food experiences to put you off! Some of my favourite vegan blogs are 'Vegan Dad' and 'Fat Free Vegan' and I also run my own called Hasta La Vegan. Veggieboards is a really helpful forum, I joined when I first went vegan and it was a great place to ask questions and also to look at recipes. Investing in a cookbook or two would probably be a good start, even if you decide not to go vegan, there are some really great recipes out there. I recommend La Dolce Vegan by Sarah Kramer, I use it all the time!

Feel free to ask me any questions :) Hope this helps

Thanks so much for this! I only just remebered that I had asked someone on here about it as i dont come on here much anymore!
Ive just added you to follow as i have a blog to. I will be off for a good old read of yours now!
Thanks so much and best of luck with SW!

5.08.10 Red Day

Brunch - Fry up with 2 Fry's Sausages, 100g baked beans (4 syns), fried mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and beetroot.

Snack - Grapes

Dinner - New potatoes (B), Cauliflower and broccoli with fried veg in mustard sauce (4 syns)

Drinks - Squash and green tea

Syns - 8

6.08.10 Green Day

Breakfast - Grapes

Lunch - Jacket potato, baked beans, cucumber, tomatoes and beetroot.

Dinner - Savoury rice, fry's chicken pieces (3 1/2 syns) pepper, courgette, red onion, cauliflower, soy cheese and lemon juice.

Snacks - Think I will have either a hot chocolate (3 1/2 syns + A) or Weetabix (2 syns + A + B) later

Drinks - Nowt but squash

Syns - 7 or 5 1/2

^^ WTF? lol

07.08.10 Red Day

Breakfast - Grapes

Lunch - Fried aubergine, courgette. 2 Fry's sausages in mustard sauce (2 syns)

Dinner - Spicy soy mince (2.5 syns) with cauliflower, broccoli and butternut squash, roasted in 1 tbsp olive oil (B)

Snacks - Chocolate Weetabix (2 syns + B) with soy milk (A) and raspberries

Drinks - Green tea and squash

Syns - 6.5

Was hoping the Sainsbury's mince would be free, but ah well, I only had 1/4 of the pack for dinner. Also noticed how much oil 1 tbsp is, think when I next roast squash I'll only use half the amount.

Also did 1 hour of wii fit today and burnt 350cals :D

8.08.10 Red Day

Breakfast - umm...

Lunch - Leftover spicy mince (2.5 syns)

Snack - 2 choco weetabix (2 syns + B) and soy milk (A) with raspberries. Grapes

Dinner - Spicy mince (2.5 syns) roasted butternut squash in 3/4 tbsp olive oil (B) with cauliflower and broccoli

Drinks - Squash

Syns - 7 syns

9.08.10 Green Day

Breakfast - Grapes

Lunch - Leftover spicy mince (2.5 syns)

Dinner - Aubergine bhaji and rice

Snacks - Fruit, couscous (1/2 syn)

Drink - Squash, green tea

Syns - 3

Yes, life without the internet just made me want to starve myself to death :D

Green Day

Breakfast - Black coffee and sweetener while I was waiting for Virgin Media to arrive

Lunch - Tin of Sainsburys Vegetarian Bolognese (3 1/2 syns) with 2 Fry's sausages stirred in

Dinner - will be the Tomato and Mushroom Rigatoni from the last SW mag. Had it yesterday and it was delicious. I used some olive oil for my (B) extra.

Snacks - salt and vinegar snack-a-jacks (4 1/2 syns) and 2 rich tea biscuits (4 syns)

Syns - 12

I ended up not having the pasta last night. Instead I had roasted vegetable couscous and SW chips.

I made the couscous by chopping up red onion, half a courgette, a red pepper and some tomatoes. I drizzled with 2 tbsp olive oil (B), splashed with balsamic vinegar and sprinkled on some salt, pepper and mixed herbs. I roasted that for a good 40-50 minutes. While that was roasting I made up some plain couscous in vegetable stock and then stirred in the roasted veg, squeezed some lemon juice and NOM! It was awesome, have plenty leftover for today too.

Green Day

Lunch - Roasted vegetable couscous (B) with SW chips and 2 Linda sausages (4 syns)

Dinner - Will actually be the rigatoni pasta tonight (B)

Snacks - 1 packet of salt and vinegar snack a jacks (4.5 syns). Might have a hot chocolate later too, as it's been cold in the flat (3.5 syns + A)

Syns - 8.5 or 12

What hot chocolate do you have that is vegan?

A lot of the powdered stuff that you add milk to is vegan. Unfortunately hot chocolates you just need to add water to generally have whey powder in them :(

Edit: I think the stuff I have downstairs is Twinnings and I think Sainsbury's do a vegan drinking chocolate too

Last edited:
Okay, so I've been pants at keeping this updated since I got the internets back and I'm determined to keep it up as I've just come back from WI with a maintain. Pleased I haven't gained but I do want to give myself a kick start so I can start losing again.

Green Day

Lunch - A very small portion of savoury rice (onion, courgette, pepper)

Dinner - Pasta, Fry's Chick'n Strips (5.5 syns), mixed veg (carrots, peas, runner beans, sweetcorn) 1 tbsp olive oil (B) and balsamic vinegar

Snacks - Bowl of strawberries, 1 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (4 syns) and yes I did eat it on it's own..don't judge me!

Drinks - Water, diet cloudy lemonade, squash, hot chocolate (3 syns) with rice milk (A)

Syns = 12.5

Peanut butter on its own is brilliant. Even better spread on a bit of dark chocolate. i love reading you dairy even tho i no longer do slimming world. I couldnt get on with the frys strips, really didnt like them!
keep up the good work!

aww thanks! Nice to know this thread is appreciated!

I need to cut back on Fry's stuff really, I can't keep paying for it lol. Want to get back to cooking with less mock meat.

Peanut butter is awesome, such a shame it's so high syn but worth having as a treat every now and then :)

Today has been good, I managed to go into central London and not eat crap! Woohoo!

Green Day

Breakfast - Lots of strawberries

Lunch - Small portion of pasta with veggies (B)

Dinner - Mushy Pea Curry (mushrooms, peas, tomatoes, onion, garlic, broccoli, carrot, green beans) with rice

Snacks - More strawberries and 1 tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter (4 syns). Maybe some snack a jacks later (4.5 syns)

Drinks - Hot chocolate (3 syns) with rice milk (A), diet coke and squash

Syns - 11.5

Last edited:
Back