HLV's Food Diary

Thanks, Veg. I can think about it now! In fact, I can do more than just think about it...

I just baked and didn't lick the bowl!! lol

Thought I'd update my food diary today, even though I barely ate.

Marmite chips with dal (red lentils, stock, leeks, garlic, olive oil (B)) and brown rice

2 clementines

2 chocs (4 syns) and baked crisps (5 syns)

Drinks - squash

I promise I wasn't taking the ****. I don't know how you stir something like marmite (which, straight out of the jar, isn't very stirrable) into something solid, like chips. I can understand drizzling it. Or painting it on. But not stirring! Do you dissolve it first? And if so, how much water, cos the chips need to be dry, don't they?

I need to understand, cos Marmite is scrummy, and chips are scrummy, so Marmite chips should be scrummy squared.

hahahahaha oh, I thought you were calling me out on the lack of a proper recipe :D

I have one of those squeezy pots of marmite and literally just squeeze that in. The heat from the chips makes it go runny, so I assume if you scrape some out of the jar it would be the same?

Yum. I usually do my chips by microwaving a JP to slightly underdone, and then wedging it. I'm sure that would be significantly improved with a squeeze of marmite.

Not today, though. Red, red, red all the way. Fish. Scanbran. Yum.:rolleyes:

Sorry everyone, I've been really rubbish at coming onto Minis recently.

I've been very very busy but promise to try harder to come on!

I lost 3.5lb at WI today, got my 2.5 shiny and SOTW too. Very pleased as it was a total surprise!

I treated myself to an Indian takeout today, I've fancied one for a while and thought I'd give myself a week to repair any damage I might have done.

Well I HAD to spend over £10 to get delivery. So I got tarka dal, aloo gobi, rice and brinjal bhajee oh and a poppadom. It came with a few extras, some vegetable samosa and some salad. I had a little bit of everything and stopped when I was full.

It was very oily for me, considering I've not had a proper indian since I started back in June. It was nice though. I think I'll try and get my friend to eat the leftovers today :D

I had a trio bhaji with rice when I went for a curry the other week. They just mix together 3 of their vegetable dishes into a big curry.
So I had saag bhaji, aloo gobi and tarka dhal. Whooped up to Madras strength, and cooked without ghee. Yum! A big lentilly, veggie mess, hot as **** and only using a HXB for the oil.

How I resisted the poppadoms and the beer that should have gone with it, I don't know, but I did!:D

Aww Pesty, it's a shame that masala and korma are so creamy. I like a good dhansak, have you ever tried it? Very nice and quite sweet.

Ooh that sounds delicious Jimface. I love veggie Indian far more than I had meaty dishes. I always try loads of different things now instead of going for the same thing. I was gonna skip on poppadoms but I love them so much.

No hun ive not had a dhansk but ive heard great things! I do love rogan josh, but not too hot. I think i am just craving the creaminess cuz i know i cant have it!! lol.

I think i'll have one as a target treat - if i ever get there!! xx

You will definitely get there soon Pesty, you're so close! And then you can have allll the creamyness in the world!!!...well, maybe not all of it, but more than usual :D

I thought I better update this and put my daily eats for today in :D

Brunch - Big fry up! Veggie bacon (5 syns), onions, mushrooms, beetroot, 2 frys sausages and baked beans. All fried up in 1 tbsp of olive oil (B)

Snack - if I have them will be baked crisps (5 syns)

Dinner - is going to be STEW! So I'll have onion, garlic, parsnip, carrot, swede, potato, tinned tomatoes, brown rice, chicken pieces and some wintery herbs that I got in a pack from sainsburys. Not sure what to do with them, I've only ever added dried herbs to stew before. I'll top it with cheezly too (A) and fry off the veg in more olive oil (B)

Drinks - Tea and soy milk (A) and pepsi max

Syns - 5/10 depending on what I eat

I'm going out to see the fireworks this evening and then for a few drinks at a bar, but I shall stick to the diet cokes after my delicious Indian the other night :D

I'm hoping I've saved enough syns throughout the week to help correct a weekend of SW hell :( I'm considering stopping going out for dinner with family. They invite me telling me they've checked restaurants accommodate vegans and know I'm coming, and it's always a lie. To avoid the embarrassment of having to order from the childrens menu last night, I choice to have a plain salad, no dressing, and fries.

Today my nan did me Sunday lunch. I love her to bits but she doesn't get the 'no oil' thing and 'I only want 1 or 2 sausages'. I got 3 Lindas (6 syns) roast potatoes and veg. She's also sent me home with some high syn Indian ready meals that I'm just going to eat tonight because I don't want to waste them and I can't be arsed to cook anything.

I'm feeling pretty low and sorry for myself at the moment anyway, and this is just making it worse. It's my own fault for seeing family two weekends in a row and thinking I could deal with it. Someone always makes a spiteful, nasty comment towards me and it always puts me in self destruct mode. I'm just glad I haven't called for takeout and drunk a few litres of full fat coke yet.

oh chick....just saw you had updated and thought id check in to catch up.
massive,massive hugs coming your way xxxx

Well, you have done the duty visits now, hopefully you can have a break from them. I know your nan does try, but coping with juggling vegan and a diet plan she has no understanding of is going to be too much for her, so when you do visit, just plan it as a flexiday and enjoy your time there.

Hugs x

Thanks Minxface. I don't really expect my nan to get it right, it's just frustrating when a week doesn't go as planned and I don't have to syns to cover it.

Back