HLV's Food Diary

Yesterday went 100% to plan! As did today!

I have a JOB too now. Had the interview this morning and got told I had the job by 4.30pm this afternoon. Gonna have to be uber careful of what I take in to eat but I shouldn't snack on crap out of boredom anymore.

Lunch - creamy tomato pasta and veg with chicken pieces

Dinner - Went to Vitao in London, which is a vegan restaurant. All organic and pretty much everything is steamed and not fried in oil I think. It's all meant to be cooked to the point where it still contains all the good stuff or summit like that. It's sooo tasty. So I had the buffet, filled my plate with tons of veg, rice, dal and potato and NOMMED the lot. Assuming it's all free as there were no nuts or owt that would be synned.

Pudding - Visited Ms Cupcake and left with 2 cakes. 1 vanilla and white chocolate and 1 strawberry chocolate. I had just the strawberry chocolate one and counted that as a full days syns. I have the other one left for tomorrow :) I will be returning to her stall in Brixton on Sunday to buy a boxful to celebrate my employment!

Drinks - water water water, coffee and soy milk (A)

Here is the plan for today:

Lunch - cup of pasta

Snack - 3 x krisproll (B) with soy cheese (A) and courgette chutney (1 syn)

Dinner - Stir fried veg and fake chicken with rice. Think I'll use a B section of oil for this.

Pudding - Vanilla and white choc cupcake

Drinks - tea and soy milk, squash and maybe diet pop if I get round to buying some.

Thanks Jim!

CD, unfortunately I wasn't able to find out if I would have got the cupcake job because Ms Cupcakes circumstances changed and she's no longer able to hire for the time being. But this job is a charity fundraising one, all over London and sometimes outside of London. 10-6 every weekday and good pay. Also it's a temporary contract type thing, so I can leave without giving much notice if a dream cupcake job does ever come back around!

Yo, Veg! Where are you today?

Not hiding under a massive pile of cupcake wrappers, I hope!

Still on for beating the world this week?

Good luck for tomorrow. We can do it! Go us!!

I am here! Have been 100% on track and I'm up for another 100% week!

I lost 2lb at WI last night, leaving me with exactly 2 stone to go and at exactly 12 stone. I wanna be in the 11s next week for sure!

Let's go Jim! GO GO GO GO GO!

Thanks Pesty!

Yesterday was BAD. It was training for my job and I knew my boss would be taking me to a cafe and I'd have to eat out, so that's okay...I knew that would happen. I didn't want to eat a massive jacket and beans in front of him though, so I had to order the only other vegan thing...

Roasted veg baguette, no cheese. It was massive and oily. So all my healthy Bs for the oil and tons of syns for the huge amount of white bread. I also had a cupcake in the evening cause it was gonna go off, so the next few days are dropping my syns right down to make up for it. I had mashed kidney beans with tomatoes, spring onions and tabasco with rice for dinner, so that was all free.

TODAY!

Breakfast - leftover beans and rice.

Lunch - packed myself a fake bacon sandwich (B + 2 syns) with lettuce, cucumber and tomato too. Also packing a banana

No idea what dinner will be yet but it will be free

Drinks - lots of tea with soy milk (A), pepsi max probably too.

Thanks guys, you're awesome!

Dinner ended up being a syn free stew. It had onion, carrot, parsnip, sweet potato, swede, fake chicken, brown rice, red lentils, soy mince (free!) and stock. YUMMY. Just what I needed after my first day, which went quite well.

Hoping I'll be in a state to talk about it properly tomorrow!

Hello :)

I've recently joined the boards and wanted to come and introduce myself. I'm vegan too so have been having a look at the recipes on your blog, it's been a while since I've been to SW and I wasn't a vegan back then. I also make vegan cupcakes and birthday cakes (Just had my first commission for a wedding cake. Eek!).

Just out of interest, your blog said you have two adopted piggies - are they still around? I have seven guinea pigs! I'd never be without them :)

Becky x

Hey Becky!

Always great to see another vegan on the boards :D Even better when they're cupcake enthusiasts like myself!

I do still have Terk and Tantor about, yes. I love them to bits, they're the best roomies a girl could ask for! I've had them nearly 4 years now :)

Just got home and popping in to say that this week has been bad bad bad and that it will be damage limitation until Tuesday.

Yesterday we were fundraising on Baker Street and it was just awful. I had only stopped 2 people by lunchtime, burst into tears in the street and as it was one of our team members last day, we went to Pizza Express for lunch. I got a small mushroom pizza with no cheese to drown my sorrows. I saved my sandwiches for dinner, they were fake bacon on wholemeal bread and that was all I ate yesterday. I did go out for work drinks after though and got very very drunk.

Today should be okay, I have lots of stew left and enough stuff to make a nice syn free pasta dish later. I will be happy with a maintain on Tuesday, it's been a very stressful week.

Good luck for WI on Tuesday x

Thank you :)

I didn't do the pasta last night, I did takeout :( I had healthier choices though, dal, plain rice and aubergine and potato. Today has been better though.

Breakfast - leftover aubergine and potato. Using both my B sections for this to cover the oil

Lunch - Leftover stew (swede, carrot, parsnip, soy mince, brown rice, red lentils, stock)

Snack - 3 x clementines and 1 banana

Dinner - Will be the pasta with sausage (tomato, onion, garlic, chilli, stock, sausage (3 syns) oh and topped with cheeze (A)

Drinks - diet pepsi and squash

Well...I disappeared for rather a long time didn't I? I guess I should do a quick update on the last 8 months...

I lost the fundraising job due to being **** at it and ended up getting offered a part time job with Ms Cupcake but had to leave after a while when it didn't become full time.

I then lost one of the piggies, Tantor due to old age and rehomed Terk so she could be around lots of other piggies.

Managed to get a job at a supermarket and 6 months on, I haven't been sacked! 2 days into my job I lost my bf...unfortunately not to a slow painful and hideous death, he just dumped me. The positive of that is that I no longer have to live off fast food 4 days a week and I'm not going out with an emotional retard.

Not long after starting my job I discovered I was seriously ill and had been for years with a B12 deficiency. Turns out my body just doesn't absorb it. The Dr was amazed I wasn't in some kind of coma because my levels were so low. So now I'm on injections every few months for life, but am finally recovering and getting my energy back.

I also moved out of my rubbish flatshare and into a lovely vegan house with 2 cats and an awesome pair of flatmates. I think that's it..

Overall it's not been a great 8 months, but there were a few positives along the way. I realise after writing this that I managed to lose almost everything except some bloody weight! By some miracle (or maybe the fact my job is so active) I have only gained 5-6lb. My eating hasn't been great, I work awkward hours and struggle to eat sensibly at work. I also enjoy having meals with my flatmates, which aren't awful but also aren't always SW friendly.

So what brought me back? The same person who brought me to SW and Minimins in the first place...madamelaminx! I've been staying with her since Tuesday and we've been back on plan together, I can already feel the lbs dropping off. I'm not really aiming for a specific target, I'm fairly happy with my size, I just want to get back into things and drop the last few wobbly bits from my tummy.

Hoping I can stick around here to keep on track as my shifts just don't allow me to go to class anymore. I will update with yummy noms later

Back