HockeyNut's 'The Big Loss' diary

Think it's a good idea to transfer to something like SW or WW. Keep the structure of regular weigh ins and develop (new) good eating habits in the process :) It's so easy to let things slip! You have done superbly well and your loss is very inspiring. I'm sure you will find the plan and way forward now that is right for you. Good luck :) xx

I think you are so right Jayne. Been looking at Weight Watchers website and found a local club so will join up this week. I think it will help me to keep control. I was reluctant as I have been to so many different slimming clubs and I felt that there is nothing new they can tell me but I think I need the control and the guidance after all I didn't get as big as I did by knowing it all already!!

Glad you had a fab holiday,will be in touch to start some evening walks if you are up for it??

Definately still up for it. My sister, neice and a friend want to join in the race for life. They have all done it before at different venues so we thought we would do the Clumber Park one on the 21st July if you are up for it!

Not been weighed this weekend as my sister and family were visiting for the weekend so didn't get time. We are all dieting so was fairly good despite it being mum's birthday. Going to join Weight Watchers this week!

Hi hunny... sounds like a brill plan as structure and support is key when we are losing weight or in your case maintaining now.... so i agree I think its a good thing to do hun... I hope your ok? and coming back to cold britain (albeit sunny today!) hasnt given you too much of a shock lol..... even though you`ve been back a while now I bet your wishing you was back there in the warmth :)
I have been promised help even after Ive finished Lipotrim from Ankesh my pharmacist... hes so good really and also he tried the Lipotrim for 5 days this last week and he says he is really proud of anyone that can do this diet as he found it very hard going!!! So hes a lovely guy in touch with what its all REALLY about, plus he understands issues around Bulimia too... So I have found my free support for life I think, which is a huge help as i couldn`t afford to pay weight watchers or slimming world. My income will be going down drastically at the end of the summer, so i have to make the best of this whilst I can, so you see in the long term the free support is going to be invaluable to me..
Hope your having a lovely day Hockweynut darl.... and in control of those food demons lol xxxx Love to you L xxxx

Thanks Lou for the support. Off to join Weight Watchers tomorrow so into second phase of my diet. Found it really difficult to stick to it for the last couple of weeks and even ate a packet of bikkies the other day which I really could kick myself. Not done that for months. You know what its like when one biscuit won't do and the next thing you know is you have eaten the whole packet!!! So I'm hoping that once I get back into the diet regime again the urge to pig out will diminish. Been swimming tonight and now I've got the Race for Life to focus on it might help. Glad your chemist has been such a support. It is really good when they really understand your food demons. My chemist has said they will keep on weighing me but I do think I need an eating plan as well so will give this a try. Take care of yourself Lou you are doing so well -keep it up. x

what an inspirational diary you have done so well and it is great that you have such a structured plan x it is reading stories like this that keep me motivated when I start to struggle I just remember the reasons why I am doing this and remember I am not alone and come on here and read through the success stories x good luck with weight watchers

Hi Hockeynut, sorry been off line for a while!! Clumber park Race for Life coincides with my holiday in Wales but I will still walk/run with you if you like.Glad you have others on board though! Good luck with WW, friends do say it works! Karen at chemist gave me your contact and now I can't find them,is it ok to ask again?? I did used to have a brain, really!!!!!

Hi Hockeynut, sorry been off line for a while!! Clumber park Race for Life coincides with my holiday in Wales but I will still walk/run with you if you like.Glad you have others on board though! Good luck with WW, friends do say it works! Karen at chemist gave me your contact and now I can't find them,is it ok to ask again?? I did used to have a brain, really!!!!!

Really sorry we picked a date that isn't good for you. Would still love to met up and go for walk/run if you fancy. I will give Karen my email as well - I live in the same road as Karen - look forward to hearing from you.

Joined weight watchers tonight and weighed in at 14st 1/2 lb which is about what I expected. Not sure if I can cope with the slimming club set up but will give a good try as I know I need a structured diet plan and the help that goes with it. Going to get weighed at the chemist tomorrow so I can have a final Lipotrim weight. So phase 2 of the diet begins tomorrow. I would like to loose another couple of stone by Race for Life which I know with LT I could probably do in a couple of months but I have got to learn to eat sensibly again. So here we go.....

I think WW is a brill idea! It has a regimented plan that you need to stick to and learn to portion control (unlike SW) and to control how you eat treats. And its the control that we all know is our biggest downfall. So getting support now you can eat proper food is a really good plan.

Good luck with your next phase!

I think WW is a brill idea! It has a regimented plan that you need to stick to and learn to portion control (unlike SW) and to control how you eat treats. And its the control that we all know is our biggest downfall. So getting support now you can eat proper food is a really good plan.

Good luck with your next phase!

Thanks Dusty. I agree about SW. Done that a couple of times and although it worked for me I think it gave me an unhealthy attitude towards eating pasta, rice etc. I'm veggie and of course these are unlimited on a green day. I haven't done WW for years so I thought it would make me think about things more if I did a plan I wasn't familiar with.

All the best for this next phase of your journey,be in touch soon x

Thanks - look forward to hearing from you. Left details at chemist for you. Speak soon.

Last LT weigh in this morning and I have put on 2lbs which is about what I expected. Lost 6st 9lbs in total on LT and thrilled to pieces about it. If someone had said to me last year that I would be 5 dress sizes smaller this year I would have laughed. Take a look at my album I can't believe the difference and feel brill. Funny though I still feel fat!! Can't wait to get rid of my belly!!

Good luck with Weight Watchers. Glad you joined and am sure you'll do great :D xx

Hi hockey nut
Delighted you enjoyed your holiday, and best of luck at weight watchers , it's something I'm thinking of doing in April
All the best
Tigger x

Amazing hockey nut - a fantastic result. A big hug and good luck with WW xxxx

Thank you both for your support and best of luck with your slimming plans. You can do it!!

Yay lost 3lbs this week - really pleased about it. Still coming to terms with the new programme - certainly making me think about the choices I make. The leader said I've already lost my 'water weight' with the lipotrim. I haven't told her exactly how much 'water weight' I've lost but I did think it's the equivalent of a small lake!!!!

Yay! :) Well done! lol at the water loss :D xx

Back