Holiday in 8 weeks - 2 stone to shed challenge (part two)

GaynorEm

Proper Little Madam
In just under 12 weeks I am going on my hols (a lovely cruise down the Rhine). I am five stone over my ideal weight! However I believe I can drop three stone before my hols. :eek: Yes, three stone is ambitious but I believe I can do it. :character00115:

I am using a low carb/low fat diet and daily, moderate exercise.
My weigh days are Mondays so I have 11 more weigh ins before I go away...that means I need to lose 3.8lbs per week...that will be a doddle. :innocent0001:
I will keep my challenge updated as much as possible, to motivate myself and hopefully glean tips from all you fabulous losers. x x

Last edited:
11 Weekly Weigh Ins to Go :eek:
6 Days to next weigh-in.

I actually started dieting on Sunday, so this is day 3. I am really pleased to say I have lost 3lbs already...I know you shouldn't weigh yourself daily but I can't help myself.

39lb to go whooo hoooo.

Today's plan:
b/fast - protein shake
lunch - tin of tuna in water and 1/2 punnet of strawbs
tea - chicken breast, cauli mash and broccoli
snacks - protein shake and smoked salmon roles with low fat soft cheese.

Water - 3litres

Vitamins - 1000mg of vit C, A to Z multivit, 1000mg Evening Primrose oil.

Exercise - 30 min of cardio-dance
30 min brisk walk with dogs.

I have a family meal to attend tonight and their menu is roast lamb with the trimmings and lots of yummy desserts boo hoo. However I am being good and taking my own tea in a packed lunch box and a protein shake for pudding lol.
Fingers crossed I can avoid the puds, no doubt my sis will try and push one on me no matter how much I say NO I am dieting.
(She is a size 8 witch that likes me to be fat and miserable.) < sad but true.

Last edited:
5 Days to next weigh-in.

Had a great time last night, ate my food as planned and refused ALL desserts which was very good for me as I am normally such a sugar monster - however I did have two glasses of wine and fab they were too.
I know they aren't strictly low carb but I don't have any social events were booze is involved for around six weeks - so I will have six weeks minimum of being fabulously good and booze free.

I got on the scales this morning expecting to have sts due to the two (biggish :copon:) glasses of vino - and I have lost another 2lbs. Yay!!! :eek:
I know the wine might not have caught up with me yet, but the low carbs and exercise root seems to be paying off for me...I am so full of energy.
The only down side, I am starting to get a tad constipated :mad:, I have been told this will rectify itself eventually.

So today's plan is:

Today's plan:
b/fast - protein shake
lunch - salmon with low fat soft cheese and 1/2 can of kidney beans
tea - chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms, courgette spaghetti and broccoli
snacks - protein shake and apple and melon fruit salad.

Water - 3litres

Exercise - 30 min of cardio-toning

Only another two pounds to go and I can buy myself some perfume as a treat...but which one? I fancy a new scent for the new me...I may have to pop into town and have a sniff fest at Boots.

Only 37lbs to go. :happy036:

Last edited:
4 Days to next weigh-in.

I couldn't help it! I got on the scales again this morning...and I have lost 0.25 of a pound since yesterday. :8855:Yes it's only a tiddley amount, but it means I am still losing rather than putting on yeha!

I like this low carb eating as you just stop craving food, infact I am finding it a bit of a effort to eat at the moment. I am craving alot of water though, still only downing 3.5litres a day...anymore and I feel too sloshy.

My O/H is going away this weekend on a boys bike trip. This could be a dangerzone for me as I have three fulll days to myself - and normally these would be indulgent days (chocolates, crisps, fish and chips, lots of trashy magazines and dvds etc). I am going to have to keep myself veryyyyyyy busy, I am baby sitting Friday night and Saturday daytime, so I think trips to the park and plenty of dog walks and fresh air should keep me and the little one occupied.
Sunday - I think I will have a pampering day - exercise, bath, face pack and a catch up of Biggest Loser :D...heaven.

Today's plan is:
b/fast - thin chicken slices with cream cheese
lunch - chicken breast, peas and carrots
tea - Quorn slices with large green salad. Punnet of strawbs.
snacks - protein shakes x2

(I am also planning to make a chicken and veg soup for tomorrows lunch.)

Water - 3litres

Exercise - 30 min of cardio-dance

P.s. I watched The Apprentice last night...why didn't that sour faced moo Deborah get sacked? Grrrrrr.

Sounds as if your on a very similar journey to me! .. I started last monday and had 12 weeks till my holiday then, I also have more to lose but aimed for 3 stone off by holiday! I am the same as you can't help but to weigh myself each day. But am trying to only keep note of my monday weigh ins. I lost 9lb in the first week =) very excited to keep it coming off! Good luck and well done so far xxx

Thank you very muchly. :)

I am glad some one else is on the three stone in twelve weeks plan lol. A holiday is ideal inspiration to get rid of some excess weight.

Well done on losing 9lbs in the first week, I am hoping for 7lbs - anything else with be a bonus!

Keep up the good work and let me know how you get on - it will be fab if we can both do the full 42lbs.

X x x

Yep it will be brilliant! And I reckon we both can easily =) .. Thanks for replying on my post by the way! Had a bit of panic when got on scales as had lost bugger all after 4 days of strict diet and exercise and it was the only thing i could put it down to! Hopefully will be ok by weigh in on monday! xx

I am sure it is just water weight (I sometimes gain upto 2 lb on my period week eek!)
Good luck for your Monday weigh in, I get weighed on Mondays too :)

Where are you going on your hols? And are you intending to calorie count then too...or are you going to let your hair down?
I intend to continue eating low carb whilst away however I shall indulge in a couple of glasses of wine...:happy036:

X x

I forgot to add...last night I went to the pictures with my other half, we watched the new Star Trek movie. I was going to humour him to be honest as I am not a sci-fi fan - but I really enjoyed the film...lol more than him in fact. I sat there for 2.5 hours with a bottle of water while my darling partner scoffed a packet of giant Rolo's :mad: and I could smell the warm popcorn as people were eating all around me...but I stayed strong lol.
I shall keep my eyes peeled in Asda for this low carb, sugar free popcorn for the next time I go to the flicks.
low-carb-caramel-popcorn-030568114802-b1683.jpg

I'm going to Zante with all my girl mates .. great insentive as do not want to be the 'fat' one lol! I don't think it's going to be possible to calorie count as it's pretty much going to be a diet consisting of alcohol .. will probably come back having gained 3 stone! How odd i went pictures the other day too .. altho it was to see coraline lol (i babysit and took the lil girl to see it) .. she had sweets, pop corn .. the lot! I also sat there with a bottle of water altho i indulged in a chewing gum lol. Then she decided she'd like to go to the cafe after where she ate the biggest bacon sandwich I had ever seen (probably around the size of her head lol) whilst i munched on my rabbit food and dry chicken. fun times!!! I'm not so bad at avoiding sweet stuff but i am really craving toast! xx

Oooooo girlie holiday to Zante...I am jealous.
The weather will be fabulous...I can imagine it now on this very soggy and miserable day in the UK.

Yesterday, after lunch I was so stuffed that I didn't eat any tea, I just guzzled plenty of water. I think (I hope), I have lost all cravings for carbs now...hopefully that will last at least until I lose all five stone. :whip:

I was naughty again and got on the scales this morning...I have lost another 1.5lb since yesterday...I am totally stoked and even more focused whoop whoop!:scale:

Yep am very excited, even more so now that i am positive i'll shift some weight before I go!

Altho am still craving carbs I know theres no chance of me eating them because I just don't wanna ruin it.

Yer i do get on the scales every morning aswel but haven't had any amazing results (unlike you!) jus a few 0.pounds here n there. Better than nothing but am hoping this is down to it being totm!

Well done you skinny minny! lol Keep it up! =)

The weekend now and am babysitting 2nite n 2mrw 2 resist the temptation to go out and drink .. altho have a friends birthday sunday nite so am going clubbing (buy 1 drink get 2 free :S). Had to be the day before weigh in! Jus have to do lots of exerise between now and then to compensate!

xx

Babysitting this weekend like me...aren't we party poopers lol.
I am only getting good results at the moment (I imagine) because it's my first week and most of it is water loss...but I shall dig deep for the next eleven weeks. Roll on our three stone loss yay!

3 Days to next weigh-in.

Today's plan:
b/fast - three oat cakes and sugar free peanut butter
lunch - salmon with low fat soft cheese and salad
tea - chicken breast with turkey bacon wrap, cauli, broccoli and a bit of cabbage. (Not too much as I get too windy:p)
snacks - protein shake, apple, strawbs

Water - 3litres

Exercise - 40 mins cardio (inlcuding 10 minute jog)

Have a great weekend Thistimearound!...be good today and tomoz and have a fab night clubbing on Sunday. x X

I am sooooo k-nackered this morning. I am looking after my nephew (who is three) and even though he went to bed at 8pm as good as gold he was sick during the night. I spent most of the night changing my bedding (he was sharing my bed) and mopping up bits of carrot and stuff...urghhhhh.
This morning he is bright as a button bless him, it is just me that feels like the living dead. I won't be able to get to bed until tonight as I have a busy day, so I am hoping this tiredness does not make me go off plan and eat junk. :mad:

P.S. Last night I took my nephew to the shops about 6pm and due to total habit I picked up a large packet of Mars Planets...and paid for them. I walked home, intending to eat them...why? When I was doing so well??? (I am 5 days in and 7lbs down).
With all the will in the world, I put them in a dog poo bin we passed as we neared home. I felt so bad doing it and was already "missing" not being able to pig out when I got home. The junk food addict in me was very cross.

By the time I got home I was elated. So pleased with myself that I didn't sabotage my weight loss like I normally do. I had a lovely bath, pampered myself a bit and went to bed feeling really chuffed with myself. Crisis number one averted. :D

Last edited:
2 Days to next weigh-in.

Today's plan:
b/fast - two oat cakes and sugar free peanut butter
lunch - salmon with low fat soft cheese, two wholegrain ryvitas and salad
tea - chicken and cheese salad.
snacks - protein shake, apple

Water - 3litres

Exercise - 30 mins cardi-toning.

Last edited:
Haha well done on getting rid of the mars planets .. I went cafe this mornin and ate poached eggs and grilled tomatoes whilst being surrounded by fry ups. But got on the scales this morning and have loast 4 pounds since last weigh in wooohooo.

Hopefully goin out 2mrw nite wont ruin this!

Have a great weekend .. hope u get some sleep 2nite.

x

WOW! 4lbs since your last weigh in and your weigh day is not until Monday...that's fantastic for a second week. I will be more than happy with 4lbs in my second week.
Well done and keep up the good work. X x

As you're going out tomorrow night, why not have your official weigh in tomorrow morning as a one off this week? That way you won't hold any water retention from the alcohol for your weigh in.

My nephew has just gone home, so it's bath and chilling for me tonight.
Have a good Saturday night....Gaynor x x

I was a bit silly last night...infact I am most miffed with myself.

I am on a low carb diet and I ate - a crisp sandwich...and the bread was white.:eek:
I can't think of a worse possible el crapo combination of foods to eat when you're low carbing...oh maybe sixteen teaspoons of white sugar just beats it.

The only good thing to come out of it was I didn't allow it to turn into a full binge on rubbish food like I normally would. I regained control and went to bed early to stop any further munching...a tad windy I was too.
I have to say, I even felt to crap to exercise last night due to the bloating and lethargy I felt, I don't intend to do that again!

I beat myself up enough last night :copon:, so today I am back on track and have renewed vigour.
I weighed myself this morning to see what damage had been done and I am using that figure as an official weigh in for this week.
I have been very lucky and have stayed the same since Thursday's weigh in.
So that is 7lbs loss this week...pleased but not entirely thrilled...it could have been one more pound if only I hadn't...............:doh:

10 Weekly Weigh Ins to Go :eek:
8 Days to next weigh-in.

I am aiming for a 4lb loss this week, so the work starts today. :D

Sunday 17th May's plan:

b/fast - two oat cakes and sugar free peanut butter
lunch - tescos low carb strawb shake
tea - chicken and green salad
snacks - tescos low carb choc, apple

Water - 3litres

Exercise - two lots of cardio (x30mins) to make up for last nights off the rails moment.

Last edited:
Back