Home Visits

NoMorePies

Hi all,

Can you help with a bit of research, I'm in the application stage of becoming a coucillor and I'm trying to estimate the ammount of time each week I'll be doing it. Cambridge will be a spare time job because I already have a full time (9 til 5) job you see.

1) If it suited you, would you like your CDC to visit you at your home, instead of going to them ?

2) If you did, then would you be happy in paying extra for it ?

3) What do you think would be a fair charge, £5 each visit for example?

Thanks

Pies

I suppose it depends on how far you would have to travel. Its a good option for people that have hetic lives kids etc and that dont have a car. Best of luck pies :)

my old cdc charged £5 to visit me and i lived less than a mile away, i was not happy with this amount to be honest, £2 would of been better imo..

Depends how far you have to travel though?

hiya!

My CDC visits me at home and doesn't charge - if she wanted something for milage or travel expenses then I wouldn't mind paying towards it.

Good luck!

My CDC offers home visits - she charges £1. I think most people might be happier with a mileage based charge. Good luck with becoming a CDC.

what you have to consider also is the travelling time to and from and the appointment, so if it takes you 15 minutes to get there appointment is 30 minutes and 15 minutes to get home you have used up an hour for appointment.

Its funny how if you say to people i will charge you £2-3 for a visit they dont agree with being charged but not many would work extra for someone else for nothing which in respect they are asking you to do.

Personally i used to do home visits but had people that only bought 5 shakes ect and in the end it cost me money to have them as clients. Also there are very few people who couldnt get to you if they really want to.

julesrush
cdc norwich

My CDC does offer home visits if needed but doesn't charge, £5 is a bit high i think personally. I wouldn't be happy to pay it unless you leaved miles away. Good luck with becoming a CDC i hope you do very well with it hun.....xxx

Personally I wouldn't expect to be charged but I've always gone to my CDC anyway.

Thanks for all the replies and really useful comments,

Pies.

Back