Hot Shakes

hunca

Silver Member
Tried to search on my phone for this so sorry if its been asked/answered before. How do I make the shakes hot? Use boiling water or cold then heat in micro? Thanks. I fancy having the chocolate one hot later

I use boiling water and then use the hand blender. Make sure u never shake if make with hot water as shaker explodes!

I always make them with cold water as normal and then microwave them for 1 minute 40 seconds on high...

i did that with the soup too and it came out fine.. :)

I make them on the hob in a saucepan with part of the milk allowance added.
I add 2 sweetener tabs and whisk until they're nice and frothy and a little bit
thick. Delicious for after dinner! Loving the hazelnut one at the moment.

I decided to find a way to use up my cookies and creme shakes-I like them as ice shakes but it's too cold at the mo-so made it into a hot shake and added some coffee! it was really nice-and no salty after taste either :) Yumm

I make mines in the shaker!

Put 100ml cold/room temp water in shaker - add shake. Shake shake shake

Top up to 350- 400ml mark with boiling water depending how thin you like it and invert the shaker a couple of times, no vigourous shaking, just enough to mix.

I make mines in the shaker!

Put 100ml cold/room temp water in shaker - add shake. Shake shake shake

Top up to 350- 400ml mark with boiling water depending how thin you like it and invert the shaker a couple of times, no vigourous shaking, just enough to mix.

I really wouldn't recommend doing this-as it could be dangerous. Hot shakes are best made as cold and then heated in the microwave

Okay then, take lid off shaker. Add hot water and stir it with a spoon. Same job and the same way you'd made a cup of coffee. . .

I'm curious as to why we can't add hot water straight to the powders, you can't for the soups either ?

I'm curious as to why we can't add hot water straight to the powders, you can't for the soups either ?

You can for the soups(where did u see that you couldn't??)-and I suppose you could add it straight to the shakes but they'd be lumpy-hence making them cold in the shaker and nuking them! The only thing they say is use hot NOT boiling water :) some of then are yummy hot x

Last edited:
Sorry I worded it wrong, I meant boiling. I didn't read the packs properly and I was using boiling water for the first few days but it mixes better when boiling so I wondered the reason why no boiling.

I decided to find a way to use up my cookies and creme shakes-I like them as ice shakes but it's too cold at the mo-so made it into a hot shake and added some coffee! it was really nice-and no salty after taste either :).

Back