House of Horrors

Good to hear everything is falling into place for you, it makes all the struggles worthwhile :)

A marathon!!! You must be mad :crazy: No more ciggys for you!! Don't want you collapsing in a heap!

Just made lentil hash for tea, done enough for 4 so 2 portions will go in the freezer, made some tomato pasta/pizza sauce to stick in the freezer too and some pumpkin soup but I think I put too much nutmeg in cos it has that weird soapy taste you get if you use too much. Been chucking all sorts in to try and disguise it lol! That's going in the freezer too. If I don't like it as soup, I can always use it as a curry base.

Hey guys, I did kinda neglect my minis the last few days!!! Had a fairly good day yesterday, after I tracked and realised I was going overboard I reeled myself in and only went a bit into my weeklies... Have been smoking a couple of cigarettes since the wedding which is really stupid as I'm running a mini marathon on Saturday.. Just back from a run now and sound like an old hag!!! Anybody that knows me really well knows I only smoke when I'm bothered... And I was bothered by a few things in my relationship.. I had gotten a bit needy.. Which is defo not me either.. So I pulled back a bit... And last nite Pa asked me to move in with him!!!! Won't be until next year as I need to organise my new car and build up my 'running away' money before I make any moves!!! So I can safely wholeheartedly say my head is back in the game.. My head, my heart, my relationship and my weight loss are all back in sync!!! :) :) :) xxx

Awwwww Jo it's great to hear you sounding so much more positive :) Isn't it funny how one thing slots into place and then everything else seems to make perfect sense? Hope this positivity continues, it's good to hear :) x

Good to hear everything is falling into place for you, it makes all the struggles worthwhile :)

A marathon!!! You must be mad :crazy: No more ciggys for you!! Don't want you collapsing in a heap!

Just made lentil hash for tea, done enough for 4 so 2 portions will go in the freezer, made some tomato pasta/pizza sauce to stick in the freezer too and some pumpkin soup but I think I put too much nutmeg in cos it has that weird soapy taste you get if you use too much. Been chucking all sorts in to try and disguise it lol! That's going in the freezer too. If I don't like it as soup, I can always use it as a curry base.

It's all coming together thank God!!! Need to get my ass back into the kitchen and get cookin :) never eaten pumpkin!! Is it even nice?! Soapy doesn't sound tasty haha.. Actually haven't made a curry base either... One day at a time I suppose.. Don't want to frighten myself haha..
I actually really enjoy running.. Had no ciggies today now and it's not bothering me as I know I'll be wheezing on Saturday if I do... Looking forward to it :) xx

Awwwww Jo it's great to hear you sounding so much more positive :) Isn't it funny how one thing slots into place and then everything else seems to make perfect sense? Hope this positivity continues, it's good to hear :) x

Thank you honey! It's all falling into place, I think I had to go through the bumpiness to sit up and take stock of what I had and what I was doing.. I'm just so glad it's finally sorted and I have peace of mind... College now this evening, I've been studying the last 2 days and absolutely nothing is making sense!!! Grrrrr xx

Another long Wednesday for you :-( Hope it makes sense soon!!! X

Quick update before college... Had my usual brekkie, 6pp... 2 pieces of fruit and a ww yoghurt mid morning 1pp... Lunch was a chicken salad sandwich with chicken obviously, low fat cheese, coleslaw, lettuce, tomato, 9pp... It was massive.. And pure nom!!!! Dinner was a beef stew with potato, carrots, parsnip.. 10pp.. That was nom too haha... Had a run, earned 5pp for that.. I have no dailies left but will prob eat a purple snack on my break in college for 3pp... Already drooling :) xx

Quick update before college... Had my usual brekkie, 6pp... 2 pieces of fruit and a ww yoghurt mid morning 1pp... Lunch was a chicken salad sandwich with chicken obviously, low fat cheese, coleslaw, lettuce, tomato, 9pp... It was massive.. And pure nom!!!! Dinner was a beef stew with potato, carrots, parsnip.. 10pp.. That was nom too haha... Had a run, earned 5pp for that.. I have no dailies left but will prob eat a purple snack on my break in college for 3pp... Already drooling :) xx

Wow, your day sounds yummy! Thanks for clarifying that a Chicken Salad Sandwich has both Chicken and Salad in it ;-) Stew sounds yummy but I couldn't be having it without Dumplings!!! What's a Purple Snack? X

Pumpkin is lovely, and after some fiddling the soup turned out pretty tasty and it's 0pp :D I added grated rind and juice of 1 orange, 1/2 a star anise, some cardamom pods and some splenda and it disguised the nutmeg :D I think the juice should be pointed but for the amount that went in and the amount of portions it made, I think that the pp will be negligible.

I am also intrigued to know what a purple snack is lol!

And glad to hear no more ciggies!!

Wow, your day sounds yummy! Thanks for clarifying that a Chicken Salad Sandwich has both Chicken and Salad in it ;-) Stew sounds yummy but I couldn't be having it without Dumplings!!! What's a Purple Snack? X

Cadburys snack bar?! It's like 2 biscuits with chocolate in the middle smothered in cadburys chocolate.. Well worth 3pp.. Dumplings?! Are they made with flour?? xx

Pumpkin is lovely, and after some fiddling the soup turned out pretty tasty and it's 0pp :D I added grated rind and juice of 1 orange, 1/2 a star anise, some cardamom pods and some splenda and it disguised the nutmeg :D I think the juice should be pointed but for the amount that went in and the amount of portions it made, I think that the pp will be negligible.

I am also intrigued to know what a purple snack is lol!

And glad to hear no more ciggies!!

Never heard of half of your ingredients!! I lead a very sheltered life ya know haha... I know if I made pumpkin soup it would be in the freezer til next Halloween :) purple snacks are pure nom!! Maybe they're just out here?? Shoulda taken a pic.. Hmmmmmm...
Yeah I need to stay off them now, that's gonna be the hard part!! Was nearly 3 months off them!! Just when I think I'm there... Grrrrrrrrrrr

So used 26/26 dailies,
As edited from yesterday I actually had 42 outta my 49 so adding my purple snack I now have used 10/49
Earned 5pp today again with my run
10 AP earned this week
Weeklies remaining 39/49
Think that's about right??
Night all... I'm wrecked, just in from college and have another long day tomorrow xxx

Cadburys snack bar?! It's like 2 biscuits with chocolate in the middle smothered in cadburys chocolate.. Well worth 3pp.. Dumplings?! Are they made with flour?? xx

We don't get them here :-( We do get Cadburys Snack in a Yellow Wrapper but that's a totally different thing! X Dumplings are made with Suet, they go all Fluffy in Stew, personally I can't have Stew without them, they go together like Salt n Vinegar! X

So used 26/26 dailies,
As edited from yesterday I actually had 42 outta my 49 so adding my purple snack I now have used 10/49
Earned 5pp today again with my run
10 AP earned this week
Weeklies remaining 39/49
Think that's about right??
Night all... I'm wrecked, just in from college and have another long day tomorrow xxx

Did u sleep well Sweetie? All sounding good so far :) You're definitely 'in the zone' Keep up the hard work! X

We don't get them here :-( We do get Cadburys Snack in a Yellow Wrapper but that's a totally different thing! X Dumplings are made with Suet, they go all Fluffy in Stew, personally I can't have Stew without them, they go together like Salt n Vinegar! X

Did u sleep well Sweetie? All sounding good so far :) You're definitely 'in the zone' Keep up the hard work! X

Whaaaats suet?!?! I must try make them one of the days.. Have you a ww recipe or what way do they go? Are there many pp in them?!
Didn't really get a lot of sleep tbh was pretty wound up about college.. Read over my notes before work this morning and it's starting to make sense xx

Food went pretty well today I think... Usual for breakfast 6pp... Fruit 0pp.. Lunch was ham salad sandwich.. 7pp.. 2 digestives.. 4pp and chicken veg potato and gravy for dinner.. 9pp 26pp eaten already.... Hmmmmm... Have to go collect my best friend in Dublin so will be out til around 1am.. Haven't really time for a run as leaving soon and won't get shower and stuff... Will go tomorrow :) xxx

Whaaaats suet?!?! I must try make them one of the days.. Have you a ww recipe or what way do they go? Are there many pp in them?!
Didn't really get a lot of sleep tbh was pretty wound up about college.. Read over my notes before work this morning and it's starting to make sense xx

Suet is a type of Fat, I obviously use the Veggie Alternative but there is a Beef One. Dumplings are Flour, Suet and Water. I use an Aunt Bessie's Packet Mix as its easier to PP, 2pp per Dumpling :) x

Food went pretty well today I think... Usual for breakfast 6pp... Fruit 0pp.. Lunch was ham salad sandwich.. 7pp.. 2 digestives.. 4pp and chicken veg potato and gravy for dinner.. 9pp 26pp eaten already.... Hmmmmm... Have to go collect my best friend in Dublin so will be out til around 1am.. Haven't really time for a run as leaving soon and won't get shower and stuff... Will go tomorrow :) xxx

Doing well Jo :) You have a long one tonight! X

Oooooh exciting that Pa asked you to move in!! Funny how you thought you were being/feeling needy but he must feel the same way about you as he wants to live with you, it's a huge step....so excited for you!!

Glad the studies are starting to make sense. I had a really tough stats and programming class last year and it did my HEAD IN!! The tutor said don't try & do 2/3 hours at a time, just do a little every day/most days, say 30-60 mins & it'll be easier to process & you'll understand it better. And guess what, it worked!!! May be give it a go, there's nothing worse than looking at something for hours on end & not getting it, so disheartening.

Oh & QUIT those cheeky cigs!!! :)

Back