How are you target members doing out there?

Janetelizabeth- Thanks a million, delighted to be back at target, yes I love the social side too tbh and I always try to give ideas and recipes and encourage others in their weight loss journey, it keeps me motivated too. I think I will keep going when I can, it is starting to get really busy now in group with over 100 people through the doors so perhaps she needs more room for newbies, which I do understand too. Jaffa cake - I would hope that is what she meant I.e. To maintain membership, because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Btw how do you get the little badges with weight loss on this site, haven't figured that out yet?

Thanks Janet ... yes, a fear of food sums it up quite nicely - it's the gastronomic equivalent of picking up a snake and wondering if it's going to bite me ;)

I've just noticed where you live ... my Birthplace :D (well, strictly speaking I was born in St Leonards, but my grandparents lived on the West Hill until they died). I swear that's where my love of all fishy foods comes from!

Molly what a small world eh? Oh yes that's the Old Town for sure with all the fishy food, they had a "Fish Fest" recently...what did I have...ice cream and a choc brownie! :p

Janetelizabeth- Thanks a million, delighted to be back at target, yes I love the social side too tbh and I always try to give ideas and recipes and encourage others in their weight loss journey, it keeps me motivated too. I think I will keep going when I can, it is starting to get really busy now in group with over 100 people through the doors so perhaps she needs more room for newbies, which I do understand too. Jaffa cake - I would hope that is what she meant I.e. To maintain membership, because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Btw how do you get the little badges with weight loss on this site, haven't figured that out yet?

Trixibelle....we have loads of members through the door for weigh in too, but so many that don't stay for the whole session. I wouldn't worry, just feel free to go when you want too. I think all target members are a great encouragement to other members, shows it can be done!
I don't know too much about the badges on signatures...I got mine by 'save as' from the SW website, then added it here.

Trixibelle....we have loads of members through the door for weigh in too, but so many that don't stay for the whole session. I wouldn't worry, just feel free to go when you want too. I think all target members are a great encouragement to other members, shows it can be done!
I don't know too much about the badges on signatures...I got mine by 'save as' from the SW website, then added it here.

Yes will just go with that and not worry about it. Thanks for Info on badges too, will try to figure it out so.

Hi everyone,

Just found this thread, and really pleased to find so many fellow Target Members!

I have been at Target for just over three years, do mainly red days, some extra easy and the odd green day.

I usually weigh at Group about every three weeks or so, but this time I haven't weighed since the last Wednesday in July, so, fingers crossed that a very busy August, hasn't done too much damage for WI this week!

Look forward to reading about how we are all doing!

Hi everyone,

Just found this thread, and really pleased to find so many fellow Target Members!

I have been at Target for just over three years, do mainly red days, some extra easy and the odd green day.

I usually weigh at Group about every three weeks or so, but this time I haven't weighed since the last Wednesday in July, so, fingers crossed that a very busy August, hasn't done too much damage for WI this week!

Look forward to reading about how we are all doing!

Congrats Lynne for staying at target for over 3 yrs! no mean feat I'm sure! I'm still weighing weekly to keep myself in check so I don't do my scales big damage!!
Hope your weigh in goes well for you...please let us know! :p

Last edited:
Congrats Lynne for staying at target for over 3 yrs! no mean feat I'm sure! I'm still weighing weekly to keep myself in check so I don't do myself scales big damage!!
Hope your weigh in goes well for you...please let us know! :p

Thank you, and I will x

I have been at target over a year and as I have already said I got my diamond badge a few weeks ago.

I would really like to maintain at my lower end of target but this is proving virtually impossible and it is starting to upset me a bit.

I know it shouldn't as I have never slipped out of my target range but I would like to see the lower figures not the higher ones

I'm having the opposite problem ... last week I lost another 2lb, but put that down to it being a morning WI. Then tonight - having eaten healthily but more of it all week, I'd lost another 1lb. I'm now 7lb under target and scrabbling for things to add that are gluten free and don't involve snacking (that's my downfall and I don't want to go back to it). The trouble is that so many things upset my stomach these days - gluten, fat in any quantity, refined sugars etc and I don't like feeling ill, so really don't want to eat them :( Any ideas?

Molly...sorry you have that problem :confused: it hasn't come my way!! :D
seriously...can you add some more free foods like starchy veggies: parsnips, sweet/white potatoes, rice, pasta, (not sure if there is gluten free pasta because I don't eat pasta per se) if you eat them?
I'd be happily into gluten free chocolate brownies etc but take your point about not snacking!

I do try to ... but potatoes tend to give me indigestion (and I prefer butternut squash anyway lol) and gluten free pasta I'm not keen on as it's so bland. I have been adding more brown rice and things like prunes as an extra HEb, but I do Red anyway, so three Heb is a struggle. I'm not big on dairy either, so an extra HEa is only an option if I'm having cheese - more cheese may just be the answer! I see more blue cheese omelettes in my future :D

I literally ate LOADS last week - far more than I normally do, I really was expecting a gain this week

I do try to ... but potatoes tend to give me indigestion (and I prefer butternut squash anyway lol) and gluten free pasta I'm not keen on as it's so bland. I have been adding more brown rice and things like prunes as an extra HEb, but I do Red anyway, so three Heb is a struggle. I'm not big on dairy either, so an extra HEa is only an option if I'm having cheese - more cheese may just be the answer! I see more blue cheese omelettes in my future :D

I literally ate LOADS last week - far more than I normally do, I really was expecting a gain this week

Sorry Molly, only joined this thread recently, and my Hubby is Coeliac, are you diagnosed?

Do you want to reset your target for lower as you can reset it ?

Have you spoken to your Dr about the weight loss if it really is unexplained it might need looking into ?

Maybe try switching your hex b to olive oil or nuts which I know isn't on red but you might need to get some good fats into you

No, ginlin, nothing as serious as celiac - just an intolerance that causes bloating and severe ibs. It started after I had a radical hysterectomy 10 years ago - just from my insides being scooped out and stuffed back in lol.

Jaffa, my thyroid function is fine thank goodness (I had a test only recently as part of a general health screening) :) Nuts and seeds are a great idea - I could just scatter them on my porridge or toast them and add to a salad :) I'm finally shopping for a new wardrobe tomorrow, so I'll detour into Holland and Barter. Olive oil I tend to use as syns, but thinking about it, actual olives would be a good idea too!

No, ginlin, nothing as serious as celiac - just an intolerance that causes bloating and severe ibs. It started after I had a radical hysterectomy 10 years ago - just from my insides being scooped out and stuffed back in lol.

!

I too suffer with bloating and IBS, if I eat too much gluten, as kind of made myself intolerant, as when Hubby was diagnosed about 11 years ago, my diet changed too, as our main meal became gluten free.

Back