How are you target members doing out there?

Not sure if you know but now you're at target you don't have too book a holiday you just have to get weighed every 4 weeks to keep up your membership

Not sure if you know but now you're at target you don't have too book a holiday you just have to get weighed every 4 weeks to keep up your membership
My consultant said I had to book it as holiday because I had weighed in as being half a pound out of my target range, so only had a week to get back into target before I had to pay again. By booking it as holiday it meant I won't have to pay as long as I am back in target (so the two weeks since I last weighed will count as one week). Is he wrong? I'm confused now (not that it takes much to confuse me)!

I didn't WI this week as I had a weekend away at my sisters where I ate healthily but off plan and not calorie counted (which naughtily included lots of cheese ;) ). I'd done last week at 800 calories a day, and the same this week to counteract it though - so hopefully next week's WI won't be affected too much. If it is, then I'll just do another low week <shrug> - I'm feeling so much more relaxed about it :D

Jo, I suppose that sounds about right. It was probably in case you were still out of target range next time you weighed.

Molly...Glad you had a lovely time with your sister and enjoyed some goodies. I think that's the wonderful thing about target...we can loosen up, still knowing that getting back to basics always works in dealing with any excess.

I think I was worried that if I came 'off leash' as it were, then I'd fall off the wagon in style and not be able to climb back on :( But that didn't happen :D I had two and a half days of lovely, organic, home cooked food with lots of salads and vegetables plus olives, prunes, cheese, fresh dates and cake (which reminds me Janet - check out Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's St Clements Polenta cake - it's divine and gluten free), then on Monday it was just business as usual. Now I know that I can do that, I'm less daunted by the idea of relaxing occasionally :D

I think I was worried that if I came 'off leash' as it were, then I'd fall off the wagon in style and not be able to climb back on :( But that didn't happen :D I had two and a half days of lovely, organic, home cooked food with lots of salads and vegetables plus olives, prunes, cheese, fresh dates and cake (which reminds me Janet - check out Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's St Clements Polenta cake - it's divine and gluten free), then on Monday it was just business as usual. Now I know that I can do that, I'm less daunted by the idea of relaxing occasionally :D

No ... It has a very strong citrus flavour - like a lemon drizzle cake :) it's a lovely texture too, really moist but quite light

Well done Molly!

And I will make that delicious sounding cake for my Hubby who is Coeliac x

Molly the only recipe I could find was on the Times...but it didn't show the whole recipe. Can you help please?

2 large unwaxed lemons
1 medium orange (unwaxed if possible but if not either fruit can be scrubbed under a hot tap)
Frylight or a little sunflower oil for oiling the tin
150g fine (not quick cook) polenta
100g ground almonds
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 large eggs
250g caster sugar
200g blueberries

Put the lemons and orange in a saucepan and cover with boiling water from the kettle. Place the lid of a smaller pan, or a small heatproof plate on top of the fruits to stop them floating, then cover the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour until very soft, topping up the water if necessary. Remove the friut from the water and leave to cool completely.

Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas mark 3. Oil a 23cm springform tin and line the base with baking parchment.

Tear the boiled fruit apart and remove any pips as well as the stem ends. Put the lemon and orange pieces into a food processor and add all the remaining ingredients except the blueberries. Blitz thoroughly, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl down once or twice, until you have a thick batter.

Scrape the batter into the tin. Add the blueberries and stir them in lightly, getting them fairly evenly distributed. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Leave to cool completely in the tin, on a wire rack, then run a knife around the sides, spring the tin and remove the cake.

Serves 10 ... I've no idea how many syns, but it's not remotely SW friendly lol.

I'm going to serve it as part of my Boxing day buffet, with creme fraiche mixed with a little warmed, chunky, marmalade :D

I also stumbled across a rich chocolate cake version, which I might try out on my unsuspecting family for Christmas Day, alongside the traditional pud.

His new book - can't remember what it's called - apparently has a entire baking section that is wheat and dairy free. Am getting it for my brother in law for Christmas.

That's the one this recipe came from :D My sister has it (and it's on my Christmas list lol) ... we also had a divine chicken with rosemary and red lentils from it for Sunday lunch.

I think 'Diet Friendly' and 'Cake' are generally fairly incompatible ;) I did look at the Nigella cloud cake recipe, which sounds divine, but plumped for Hugh's because it doesn't involve cream, which I've never been a fan of :)

Jaffa that cake sounds like a chocolate type pudding with the running centre...yes? Do you use a silicon mould for that? I know we've had a discussion about silicon but I saw a pkt of 6 small cake/muffin cases for 98p in Morrisons so got those to try.

I agree Molly...cakes in that category are hardly good (belly/hips) news!! :p

Back