How do fruit lovers do Atkins?

Silvermoonbeam

I was talking to my sister today and she was asking how I was going on Atkins. She said she did it a few years ago but cracked because she couldn't have any fruit. She eats AT LEAST 3 pieces of fruit per day.

It doesn't bother me as I am more of a veggie person, but for those who LOVE fruit, what do you do and how do you cope on Atkins?

Personally I'm not a massive fruit lover. U can have berries once outta induction. Strawbs, rasps are lowest carb fruit.

See me neither Claire so I'm not bothered at all, just trying to help her find a way......

Say if she is eating apples, she doesn't have one, she will have 3 one after the other. She is always buying loads.

Now for myself when I was doing all my other "healthy eating" diets (SW, WW, you get the picture :rolleyes:) I would have to practically force down any fruit except bananas.

I've done sw a little n didn't mind the fruit then.

I guess the only thing she can really do if she can't live without fruit is to use the strawbs or rasps n count the carbs in. They're about 6g carbs per 100g fruit tho. Think the latest book says rhubarb is ok too tho I dunno for sure.

Otherwise I don't think Atkins can really work for her I'm afraid.

Odd but on SW I was happy eating fruit, would go through pineapple, grapes, bananas etc.

I think I overdosed myself though. And really it didn't get me anywhere did it?

In induction it only recommends avocados and tomatoes. Aside from that no fruit till pre-maintenance except berries.

Back