How do you keep going?

Arwen

I think I'm done, I need to lose at least another 6 stone on exante but I cant stick to it .............. I just cant

I have to cook for my children and everyday the same I pick

Today I'd been so good and then tonight I coked a rice dish and again I'm picking

I wonder if I should take a break but I know I'd be the same and come back heavier

I'm thinking a meal plan and freezing my kids meals a month in advance ...... I wonder if that would work

Arwen, I know it is hard to stay on such a strict diet for so long, but you have done so well it would be such a waste to give up and put weight back on at this stage, do you think you might need to go up to working solution so you can have a meal at night with the kids? Just until you get your head back in the right place?

I have struggled recently so I know how you feel although I don't have as much still to lose as you do, I have opted for eating at weekends with some packs too and as close to TFR during the week, damn that it is 4 days this weekend, not sure how I will cope but will try my best.

It would be such a shame to go backwards now Arwen, please keep trying, don't forget - this is for YOU.

Bren xx

I agree with Quak, it's definitely worth a try going up to WS for a while so you can eat with the kids. You don't necessarily have to eat what they do, but just to be eating something at the same time might stop you from picking.

It would be a shame for you to give up completely when you have come so far.

Maybe a WS break would help you get your head back to the right place?

This is such a good question. How do you keep going? It is the whole trick really isn't it, consistency. Thanks for posting this, you are not alone, or maybe it's just you and me !
Firstly well done, well done, massive well done for what you have achieved, it is a superb achievement !! Give yourself a huge pat on the back. You inspire me big time, thanks.
Secondly, why are you saying you can't do it when you have such amazing proof that you can, because you have! The scales, as they say, do not lie. So it just isn't true that you can't, you can. The truth is you are finding it difficult, which is a totally different thing. I know when I start struggling my mind plays tricks on me and I can come up with all sorts of apparently credible reasons to break the diet. So I try to take some time to remember why I am doing it, go back to how I felt before I lost any of the weight, imagine how I would be feeling today if I hadn't lost any, which is very scarey .[ the photos too are a very good reality check, I feel sad for myself when I look at them and proud now that I care about myself] Yambabe is a big advocate of the pack to pack approach and I find this quite helpful when the going gets tough [ which is surprisingly often !] You have said you don't want to give up, so that is the bottom line, you must have what you want because you deserve it and it is possible and in your power to give that to yourself [ unlike winning the lottery] you just need a bit of help and refreshing of your resolve. Your weight loss shows you know how to do it, drag out all the thoughts you had when you started the diet and use them again, distract, keep busy, prepare yourself mentally for mealtimes, take control, decide what you are going to do and stick to it, empower yourself to just chuck, chuck chuck any extra food away, and celebrate your skill and the weight dropping off as you do, slam the breaks on in your mind over your craving, picking is soooo not worth it. That is the truth, remind yourself of that, bin it , look in the mirror and tell yourself you love yourself, you are clever, care about yourself and in control, take care of you, your body will repay you with years of good service that you will enjoy. I expect you already feel massive benefits from that, I know I do. Face up to your picking, it's just a silly little mistake, easily rectified in a trice, a learning point on the long term plan, don't stress about it, let go of it, try and relax and realise it's easier than it currently seems in your mind, examine it[ are you a it stressed about something else]take care of your emotions and tell yourself you can beat it, just one meal at a time, soon it will be an old habit you don't do anymore. So rather than trying really hard NOT to do something , focus on positives, what you ARE doing, you are a new you, congratulate yourself after every time you don't pick, say out loud to yourself, well done me ! re-enforce positive messages, it really does help. Maybe write down a little message of congratulations, love and support to yourself and read it every day and feel good about yourself and what you are doing. Keep surfing that weightloss victory wave, as Quak says, it's all for YOU, do it for YOU. Good Luck, we are all there with you xxxxxxx

An excellent thread. I'm having trouble too Arwen. I don't have much to lose, but keep on giving up and starting again. My problem is a glass or two of white wine!

The others here have excellent advice, I need it too. By the way, what is 'pack to pack'? I'm hoping to get back on track in the next day or two, and get rid of the last few pounds

Pack to pack?

Right now, this minute, I am sticking to the diet. Just had my bar, drinking lots of water, and I'm OK. Nothing is tempting me, I'm not hungry and I am OK.

Later on, I'll start getting hungry again. But after lots more water, I'll have my soup. I've also got half a shake saved for this evening. So I only need to stick it out for another couple of hours til soup time and I'll be OK again, right? Then after soup and more water, just another couple of hours for a shake, and another couple of hours after that it'll be bedtime. So it's only a few hours without nibbling til I can eat again. I can do that. Anyone can do that!

Tomorrow I might crack and give up, but today I'm OK, it's only a few more hours. What's a couple of hours? I'm not that sad, I can go a couple of hours surely?

Then tomorrow I'll have my shake first thing and it'll only be a couple of hours til my bar, and so on and so on........

Works for me. :)

Pack to pack?

Right now, this minute, I am sticking to the diet. Just had my bar, drinking lots of water, and I'm OK. Nothing is tempting me, I'm not hungry and I am OK.

Later on, I'll start getting hungry again. But after lots more water, I'll have my soup. I've also got half a shake saved for this evening. So I only need to stick it out for another couple of hours til soup time and I'll be OK again, right? Then after soup and more water, just another couple of hours for a shake, and another couple of hours after that it'll be bedtime. So it's only a few hours without nibbling til I can eat again. I can do that. Anyone can do that!

Tomorrow I might crack and give up, but today I'm OK, it's only a few more hours. What's a couple of hours? I'm not that sad, I can go a couple of hours surely?

Then tomorrow I'll have my shake first thing and it'll only be a couple of hours til my bar, and so on and so on........

Works for me. :)
& then its " oh look, its weigh in day again, how that came round quick" :D

I talked it over with my husband, and were going to meal plan for my children and freeze a months worth of food in one go ....... boring for them but I can't cope with cooking or taking them out to eat, if I can do this then realistically there wont be much food in the fridge except there lunch and I could probably clear the fridge to exclude everything except there lunch and snacks, we have a fridge in the garage so it wouldnt be to much of an issue

No ones really noticed my weight loss and I'm still in the same clothes, I think it would help if someone had commented, nevermind

I realistically need to stay on this diet, weightwatchers doesnt work for me, I just pick. We're going away over easter and I am going to eat, meal plan and cook and start again wednesday then I wont plan to have a break until Jamies birthday in may, hopefully by then I'll be 16 something and inspired or sommat lol by then I might need new clothes :)

I weigh daily because thats what the Wii says I should do but I will go back to weekly weighing too, I think I am just going to have the shakes I loathe the soups

Ok so thats my plan ......

Cooking and freezing is a great idea, sometimes you have to be a bit selfish to get to your goal. I am currently refusing to cook for anyone and not allowing any bread products in the house at all.
It's every man for himself here :) Today was an extremely tough day and if I'd had to cook for anyone like you I'd have scoffed the lot - best to stay away from food altogether.

It's gotta be worth it surely
i have just sat through OH whole family eating takeaways then eating not one, but 2 different types of birthday cake

I had a black coffee

the cake was the only thing I craved a bit
the takeaways looked pretty rank tbh

I had a nice green salad before I went up there

I am very lucky in that the OH is a good cook, and can manage very well
he liked the stir fried tofu the other night :D. Except he had a side plate of chips and bread with it :-(

I'm glad you talked it over with the OH, and came to a decision. This is really important to your wellbeing, and your wellbeing should be important to everyone else. Everyone else will have to make a few sacrifices.

Arwen, glad you have come to a decision, really hope it works for you. And I can't believe no-one has noticed your weight loss - we have both lost the same amount and people have seen me and not really recognised me...........do you mean since you started Exante or since you started losing in May last year?
Bren xx

sad for you too Arwen
what have you decided to do? please tell us, maybe we can help?

I have shamelessly stolen this brill little catchphrase from Hez's blog (shes on lipotrim)
"think how far i have to go, seems like an eternity away. Funny thing is I am seeing more and more of me coming back everyday!"

her full blog entry:-

"I think with this diet all I can do is take one day at a time. I have a long journey with LT tfr, and to think how far i have to go, seems like an eternity away. Funny thing is I am seeing more and more of me coming back everyday!"

A year just a year out of your life is not much to ask to get slim, if you stay the size you are you will probably feel you have been imprisoned for many years to come.
One year of self sacrifice and you will be freeeeeee.

sad for you too Arwen
what have you decided to do? please tell us, maybe we can help?

I talked it over with my husband, and were going to meal plan for my children and freeze a months worth of food in one go ....... boring for them but I can't cope with cooking or taking them out to eat, if I can do this then realistically there wont be much food in the fridge except there lunch and I could probably clear the fridge to exclude everything except there lunch and snacks, we have a fridge in the garage so it wouldnt be to much of an issue... [etc]

Another year, certainly on top of the time already served, sounds like a bloody long time to me! lol

However 6st, or even any significant further step forward isn't going to take a year at all - if your plan works with your family's support and you get back in the saddle, you know this works quickly.

Best wishes Arwen.

Arwen, glad you have come to a decision, really hope it works for you. And I can't believe no-one has noticed your weight loss - we have both lost the same amount and people have seen me and not really recognised me...........do you mean since you started Exante or since you started losing in May last year?
Bren xx

No noones noticed at all but maybe there just ignorant :hide:

Well I went away last week and ate, I wanted to diet but stayed longer so ran out so will start again tomorrow

today cooked or tried to cook some meals for the children and I'm going to look at the frozen annabel karmel meals to for them there 2 and 1 so its not like they can cook for themselves lol

so on to better and slimmer

Oh I brought some more clohtes mine are getting too big so I brought clothes 10 sizes smaller :flirt2::flirt2:

seriously :) I have skinny jeans now shame there not that skinny :(

Well in that case, everyone's just ignorant, feels insecure about their own situation, or just don't know what to say.

Back