How Do You See Yourself?

Running...... no that is too much for me. Swimming and faster walking yes, running NO! I also have a lot more energy and I do not get as out of breath as I did but I still can not see me running!

the thoughts of running now would make me sick, i walk alot and this week i've been out on the bike everyday:) so its up to the person to find something they enjoy doing - thats the most important thing i think cos it will be easier to continue with it:)

Hi Breadbin,

I am lucky that the Go Lower diet doesn't involve exercising to lose weight, that was on of the deciding factors that I went with it in the first place.

When I do decide I may start to exercise I have no idea what I would choose as I really don't enjoy doing any sort of exercise!

I am that bad that sometimes Hubby winds me up if we have to park a little way from where we need to be and he asks "Am I sure I don't need to get a taxi" as I may have to walk a few yards!

Funny if it is walking through the shops I can walk for hours.

Micheal, it is always best to see ourselves positively, and that is what I love about this site, if you are not having a great day somebody will soon give you a boost on here!

Happy, well done with the running, rather you than me!

Just Peachy, wow...... sounds fantsatic, and I needed your explantion so you haven't been at all patronising!

A doctorate! It sounds like you have a lot of hard work ahead of you but go for it. I think for most people once they stop studying they don't ever go back to it so if it was you want to do you go girl!

I was very un-maternal when I was pregnant, although I wanted a baby and had been trying for some time I was worried how I would deal with this little thing once it got here, even when I had gone past my due date!

I have to say the second he was born it was just second nature to love him, comfort him and hold him. The love I felt for him, even though in theroy, I had only just met him is indescriable. Hopefuly your dad and his wife will feel the same. Maybe now as your dad is older he might feel differently.

Hi Dannielle
I just want to say welcome to the forum. It is a great site and you will find loads of motivation and support if you need it.

Yes we are doing something about our weight, which we all know we need to, but in the past I gave up to easily and just got on with it. I was never too fussed about my weight until I wanted to go out and nothing would look nice!

What diet are you doing? I am on Go Lower, proper food and all supplied, including snacks and chocolate! It is working wonders for me.

Clsimpson, well done on your loss.

Peachy7,

it is so easy to feel negative about ourselves, especially when we know we have something we have to change. I am a firm believer in doing what is right for you and not taking others advice when they don't know the full picture.

Sugar fiend,
You will have to let us know then when he does pop the question if you are going to wait for him!

I like your theory on people looking down on you is more flattering. I have some very tall friends, who are also slim and I believe it is because they are stretched out.

As the saying goes, " I am not overweight, I am undertall!"

Good :) Yeah it should be hard work but I'll see when I get there. For now it's a Masters for sure but yeah. It's also a lot of money.

That's really interesting. I hope she'll develop one too, and my dad as well. It's pretty hard to remain stone cold when you see such a tiny little cute thing that's completely dependent of you. She's being induced tomorrow actually so any minute now, baby brother #2 on the way :)

Hi Peachy

A baby brother anytime now, how lovely. Careful, I think I am starting to feel broody....... No, I think it is just because I am missing my boys as they are still on holiday.

Running is my worst nightmare too - I kind of forget how to breath somehow! Hate getting all sweaty too - you don't notice that with swimming haha.
It is different when your playing with little ones though, probably because it doesn't seem quite so endless!

Welcome back Peachy - and congrats - is your little brother here yet?

Thanks Sugar :) How's the past month been for you?

No, still awaiting the phone call!

Hi Peachy - we've missed you...

Any news on baby brother? Suzy - broody - couldn't think of anything worse. Saw a friends 2month old baby this morning and as nice as it was to have a cuddle, really happy to give it back....2 kids is more than enough for me!

Sugar fiend,have always hated running too, but with the kids it somehow seems different. Maybe because I don't have to run fast!!

Good luck
xx

Aw happy, that's sweet :) Still no news! I'm starting to worry. Hope nothing went wrong, poor woman must be in such pain and agony. Will let you know tho!

Peachy, I wouldn't worry too much, remember no news is good news! Also, my sister-in-law, thank goodness not me, was in labour for nearly 2 days and then ended up having an emergency c-section! Mum and baby were and are fine...These things can sometimes take time. With my daughter I went into labour and 12hrs later she was born relatively pain free...my son I had to have a planned c-section from complications I had had, so that was easy as well!

Thinking of you and let us know....

xx

Gosh Danielle - I can't wait until I hit 3 stone lost, and that would only mean I'm halfway there! Have you treated yourself to any new clothes yet?
What diet are you doing? Do you still have some to lose?

Hi Jasmine - I haven't spotted you before :)

hey danielle, i'm sure others can tell straight away though. 3 stone is alot of weight to lose, you ever try lift a bag of coal? really heavy!! and yet its 3 stone;) well done for losing and sorry to hear you still feel fat but hopefully your mind will come round.

i kinda understand how you feel though, its not as simple as just weight, goes deeper than that for me. its not like one day you lose all the weight and all your problems are gone, i'm never happy with myself really - well haven't been in the past but now it might be different. i remember it wasn't too long ago since i was my ideal weight (<100kgs) and back then i was still trying desperately to lose some. weird:)

oh and welcome jasm1ne - i'm new too!! haven't even got my ticker sorted yet;)

Last edited:
I have read numerous times now, and been told be my LLC that it takes 3 months for the body to catch up to the mind. I have lost just shy of 6 stone and I still feel like the person I was before- I still reach for the size 16-18 clothes in shops, when I'm really a 12 (sometimes 14 on bottom)!

But I know that I will eventually catch up and be able to appreciate what I see in the mirror and not that image of myself that is so ingrained in my memory.

Listen to the compliments other people give- look at your new clothes labels- look at your measurements- feel that bone poking out having been hidden under rolls of fat! These are all signs that our minds are not yet in sync with where we are now. Patience though and I am sure it will come!

We become so used to that image of ourselves, so used the label of "overweight" it's no surprise that it takes a while to re-label ourselves, to create a new self-image. xxx

I have lost 3 stone and i dont think you can tell i feel fatter than ever :/

Firstly Danielle, well done on loosing 3 stone. That is fantastic and you should/must be very proud and pleased with yourself.

And secondly, as others have said it does take time to feel the difference. I've also lost 3 stone by doing Go Lower and although I do feel loads better, still got loads to go. But the fact that my clothes feel loads looser, have to keep making a new hole in my belt otherwise my clothes fall down etc etc makes me feel sooo much better about myself. I still see the rolls of fat and don't feel I'll ever be satisfied, but I've still lost 3 stone and love receiving compliments from others. Enjoy them as they won't last forever.

Good luck and hope you feel more positive soon

xx

I know since losing all my weight I should also see the difference but I think I have now realised because my body shape has stayed relatively the same that is why I am having problems seeing it!

I know the closer I get to target the better I will look.

Hopefully, Peachy you have some news for us by now. My second labour dragged on and off for two days and all was well.

Happy, right now the boyz are stuck in Spain and I so want a cuddle from them so yes I could feel broody!!!!!

They should have been home yesterday and their flights have now been changed to Tuesday next week so I am hoping all is back to normal by then!!!!! At least I know with my parents they are in good hands as they do my childcare when I am working but I still miss them.

I am being good though and sticking to my Go Lower diet, another time of stress and I am not comfort eating!

Back