How have you changed so far?

xsarahloux

~~someday!~~
i thought it would be interesting to see how people are changing during or at the end of their weightloss...

i have changed a little in that:
  • i'm finding myself smiling a lot more
  • i look forward to things, like weddings or seeing someone i havent seen in a while whereas i never used to
  • i seem to be looking at mirrors and windows as i pass them - i used to ignore them
  • and ... ahem ... my mojo seems to be out of control! the boyfriend is loving it!
feel free to share how you feel you are changing!! I think its great to notice things like this in yourself.

Sxxx

Hehe, totally with you on the mojo ;-)

I'm enjoying little things a lot more - just like doing my hair & make-up is a lot more enjoyable, heh.

& I too am super excited to see people I haven't seen in a while (some bloke I was seeing four months ago got in touch the other day & while before I probably wouldn't have agreed to see him, now I can't wait because I'm so proud of my losses so far) :)

Oh & I keep looking at myself in shop windows now, haha!

Really nice idea for a thread :)

Hannah

I've still got a bit to go but I'm a total shop window tart! I sometimes purposly walk past shops with the biggest and most mirrored windows just so I can see myself!
My confidence has improved dramatically and I don't feel half as self concious as I used to. Am I the only one to wish I'd done it years earlier?

This is only my first week so I haven't reached the stage of wanting to look at myself yet but I am so clean and moisturised that I squeak if you rub up against me. I find myself in the shower or bath up to 3 times a day. Whenever anyone is eating, I'm away, soaping and oiling. My skin is delighted and I'm told I smell like the shop Lush!

I can't wait to get to your stages - Wanting to catch a glimpse of my reflection, hoping to bump into people I usually want to avoid, oh and most importantly find my missing mojo *sigh* It all sounds bloody brilliant.

I cannot stop shopping, I am now a size 10 in most clothes, but I think I keep catching a shocked expression on my face every time I see myself in the mirror. I feel fitter, happier,and more confident.

I am sure that the water is doing wonders for my skin..two people at work said they thought I was someone else - a younger slimmer person altogether..x

This is only my first week so I haven't reached the stage of wanting to look at myself yet but I am so clean and moisturised that I squeak if you rub up against me. I find myself in the shower or bath up to 3 times a day. Whenever anyone is eating, I'm away, soaping and oiling. My skin is delighted and I'm told I smell like the shop Lush!

I can't wait to get to your stages - Wanting to catch a glimpse of my reflection, hoping to bump into people I usually want to avoid, oh and most importantly find my missing mojo *sigh* It all sounds bloody brilliant.

It does happen and it will just creep up on you until one day you look and think 'Hmmmm, I'm not at target yet but I look hot!'

I have my wiggle back! :p Not a waddle anymore! ;)

Just on day 8 (or is it 7 started last monday...anyways...) but I am already feeling much more energetic, I've cleaned my house thoroughly and have developed a kind of craving for cleaning -hey at least it's not edible!
I'm amazed at a new determination, going to a gig on saturday and not in the slightest worried about it or even considering breaking it to drink. That's never happened to me on this before.
I'm already wearing a pair of jeans that were uncomfortably tight on me -and needing to keep puling them up!

For the first time since ever on LT, and there've been enough attempts let me tell you, I absolutely feel able and excited by what I'm doing -not just excited by the weekly weigh ins!
And like Betsy I'm squeaky clean and smelling gorgeous! lol

I'm really beginning to like me! LOL

Class thread!

I know it sounds weird but i find that everyone is coming to put their arms around me(why?) and a bit of a rude one, i can actually see my lady garden again LOL , sorry if this offends anyone, but i havnt seen it for years!

I know it sounds weird but i find that everyone is coming to put their arms around me(why?) and a bit of a rude one, i can actually see my lady garden again LOL , sorry if this offends anyone, but i havnt seen it for years!

PMSL!! God bless Ya K for your honesty! Between the boobs thread and you we have the the female anatomy thorougly discussed. Well done on you for finding your secret garden! lol. Oh my gosh the things that are coming to me as I write...weeding, trimming... I won't though. :D

Thank you Katy, you've brightened up my morning! :D

i have been told I look younger.
i have been told I'm not sexy any more (! lol, it's fine, i wasn't offended - he likes big women)

I now quite like myself in some photos, the fact that i am even in photos is a change!
I like catching a look at myself in the mirror and realising it's me
My confidence is very VERY slowly picking up a bit
I look forward to going shopping soooooooo much and finding out what fits in different shops, and what suits
I feel better, healthier, lighter and on my way to a wonderful achievement that not many people manage to accomplish.

My feet are less puffy, I am not so breathless when I walk, energy levels have risen and dont feel so sluggish in general. Clothes are fitting better and have started to dig out my "slimmer" outfits. :D

Not sexy? elle i hope you :whoopass::whip:to your husband!!!!!

LOL, it was a friend. I'm single! And will soon be looking, I think ;)

I guess the biggest change for me is feeling so much more positive about life generally. I had a pretty horrid end of 2008/start 2009 but losing weight has been something really good :)

I used to lay awake early mornings and think, what can I wear to make be look less like a michellin-man.....Now I've got soooo many gorgeous things to wear and look good in.....I'm spoilt for choice.....so I lie awake early in the morning....wondering what to wear........!!! LOL.

Gosh, lots of things have changed, but hopefully I am still the same person as I was in nature anyway.

1. Not depressed any more.
2. I look in the mirror all the time :)
3. I hold myself differently; dont slouch to hide me, but stand up straight.
4. Oh, I shop now like it was going out of fashion.
5. I am confident and feel I have an opinion whereas before I would rather say nothing.
6. Embarrasing one...when I cough now I dont have little accidents (which could occur now and again)!!!!!! Sorry guys! But just being truthful...fat does strange things to your body.

Could go on and on, but think these are the most important things that have changed to me and made my life different and worth living for!!

BRILL POST SARAHLOU!!

I did the gardening last week and my husband said i did an excellent job!

PMSL!! You're a naughty woman!...
I like it!
LOL

thanks for sharing guys! isnt it amazing what a difference it makes to us all!

LOL @ Katy73 - i bought myself a new gardening tool the other day! that one in the advert with the trees that change shape - yet to use it tho!

thought of another one...

i'm always thinking about my future - what to do at work, will the boyf and i get engaged, where shall we buy a house etc etc. before i couldnt see past the evening! now i'm planning years ahead!!

Sxx

Back