how heavy do u think a 12 is??

Hiya skinikki. Great point - I forgot all about that. They judge frame size by wrist girth right? Mine is just under 6" so I'm petite. I don't know what the other measurments are classed as but will go have a look for some info now. Thanks hun. xx

Here we are girls...

Female Wrist Measurements

Height less than 5' 2" (Less than 155cms)
Small = Less than 5.5" (140mm)
Medium = 5.5" - 5.75" (140 - 146mm)
Large = More than 5.75" (146mm)

Height 5' 2" - 5' 5" (155cms - 163cms)
Small = Less than 6.0" (152mm)
Medium = 6" - 6.25" (152 - 159mms)
Large = More than 6.25" (159mm)

Height more than 5' 5" (More than 163cms)
Small = Less than 6.25" (159mm)
Medium = 6.25" - 6.5" (159 - 165mm)
Large = More than 6.5"(165mm)

Last edited:
This is quite interesting.

So I think it's safe to conclude that at 5ft 3" and with a small frame, when I weigh 10st I am a UK size 12.

skinikki... hope you don't mind me asking... are you of medium frame?

I only ask because I'd really like to get my head around how frame size fits in with BMI to match weight to dress size. I would like to put a table together so people with a lot of weight to lose can focus on a dress size that matches their BMI and frame size. What a great motivator that would be! :D

That sounds like a really good idea! I don't mind giving you my details - will have to measure wrist first though!

Hi All, Skatie, you look amazing, did you say you weigh 10 stones 5 pounds? Wow you look so HOT!!!! I have lost half a stone on this diet and now weigh 13 stones, I'm off on holiday in 8 weeks, I wonder if it is possible to loose 2 and a half stones? Can I peeps?

Hi PRINCESSB! That seems like a realistic loss. And even if you didn't manage to make it the whole way there in that space of time you could get damn close to it. I'd say go for it!!! Best of luck hun! :D
xxx

Hi All, Skatie, you look amazing, did you say you weigh 10 stones 5 pounds? Wow you look so HOT!!!! I have lost half a stone on this diet and now weigh 13 stones, I'm off on holiday in 8 weeks, I wonder if it is possible to loose 2 and a half stones? Can I peeps?
I would say that is definitely possible hun! If you don't cheat you could do it no problem!x Best of luck with it!!! :)

Thanks ladies for the reassurance!! I so hope I can do it......feel so miserable because I keep cheating.......8 weeks, hope I feel a million time better then I do now!

think i will need a blackberry in that case so I can be on the minimins site incase that something does enter my gob!!! lol....

Going on those wrist measurements mine is 6.25 inches which would make me medium but I am sure I have a large frame! I am very much a hourglass shape and so have real problems finding bottom half clothes that fit properly. Things that fit on my hips are way too big on the waist! I think you should concentrate more on a healthy BMIbut I cant deny I am excited to see if I actually do get to a size 12!!:D

Thanks everyone for the info, i never even considered frame size before, but to be fair i'm prob large, have size 8 feet and at 5 ft 9 everything is in proportion i think at a size 12, any smaller than that and bones protrude etc. I'm most looking forward to getting to a 14 as i still have boobs and a bum then so will see how i feel when i get there, it seems miles away at the moment, i just need to remember it WILL happen as long as i stick to the diet.

Thanks again

xxx

I am nearly 5.9 and big boned. I think I was a size 12 when about 11 stone if that helps.

skinikki, apparently there's an even more precise way to measure body frame - something to do with elbow measurement. Have a look here:
Body Frame Size

xx

Back