How many calories should I be aiming for?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by cw1805, 22 January 2011 Social URL.

1. cw1805

cw1805 Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watcher and Wii

I wonder if you could share your knowledge with me. I have been exercising at the gym, pool and also on the wii at least an hour each day.

Obviously depending which exercise I am doing the estimated calorie burn varies.

I am just wondering if anyone knows what the minimum is I should be aiming for if I want to lose weight?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    What you have to remember is that to lose 1lb of fat you have to burn 3500 cals:eek: So you're talking 500 cals a day to lose 1lb a week. However if you are eating a healthy diet of about 1500 cals then obviously you will speed up your loss.
    At Slimming World we don't count cals thank goodness, and they expect a weightloss of 1-2lbs a week. They reckon adding exercise will add 10-12lbs a year for the average person who exercises 3x a week.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.