1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

How much does gyclogen store weight

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dani, 10 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

All, onto the last stone now and struggling (mainly because I keep eating meals!).

However after ss I have noticed that even one meal (say 1000 calories) can add upto 3lbs on the scales.

Is this something to do with filling your glycogen stores back up - how much do you reckon this is?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Hello!! I know fine well about this last blasted stone!!! aaaaaaaargh!!!

1000cals for 1 meal is massive!!! yikes!!

Anyway, you see your first weeks loss.....quite a lot of this is loss of glycogen and water. Glycogen holds 3 (or is it 4?) molecules of water per molecule of glycogen so it can be loads!!

Don't panic, you should still be losing weight on 1000 and our weight varies throughout the day so I wouldn't pay much attention to anything other than your weekly weigh in.

xx

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

lol - I know 1000 cals a meal is massive - I was thinking of a theoretical evening out - plus wine!!