How much exercise do you do on CD?

miss jelly tot

CWP Consultant
Hi,
after reading another post I was wondering how much exercise everyone does? I know we shouldn't do too much apart from walking! Im on my 3rd week of ss+ and would like to introduce a fitness or salsa DVD. Has anyone else tried anything and did it effect any weight loss/gain? Thanks:)

I go for a few exercise classes at the gym and I do about 20 minutes of cardio every day at the gym. I used to exercise alot before I started CD and can't do as much as before but I try and do as much as I can.

Hi
Im on day 1 of week 4 on Lighter Life which is 500 cal VLCD diet
During week 2 and 3 I did several spin classes no problem at all - What I did was reduce resistance slightly from normal and felt fine
It is a bit weird when computer says 450 cals burnt and you tell yourself only having 500 for the day
Monday I did my first road bike ride on the diet and 27 miles was 900 calories, just took it nice and steady no problems
I am drinking plenty of water and make sure I have my daily bar allowance 30 mins before gym session
This is important for me as I dont just want to lose weight I want to be fit for cycling also so im doing both
Not sure if exercise slows down weight loss at all but ive lost 22 lbs in 3 weeks so well happy with that
Evan if it takes me a few wxtra weeks to get to goal I am not worried as want to be slimmer and fitter
Good luck and just take it steady
Cheers
James

I do 20 mins on the cross trainer 5 mornings a week. Pre CD I was doing an hour each morning, but that would not be wise

I do exercise dvds like taebo and toning exercises with light weights 2-3 times a week. During the couple of weeks I've not exercised it's made no difference at all to my losses on the scales. However I have very much noticed my problem areas such as legs and bingo wings etc are much slimmer and more defined than previously and I know that it's not due to the CD weight loss alone if that makes sense.

I am not yet restarted, so am hoping I can continue with my hour of Karate and swimming once or twice a week with my girls. I usually fit in 2-6 lengths of 'proper' swimming in the sessions, but that largely depends on my youngest - who sometimes squels for me while i'm off swimming! :eek:

When I was on atkins before CD at the start of my 'journey' I had to source a low carb snack to have right before I went riding - I rode for an hour at a time but jumped regularly and when jumping I ran out of fuel basically halfway through.

With CD I made sure I held a shake back to have right before I rode, it did the trick and is something I want to do with Karate. :)

I did that last week with slimfast (as doing that till I see my CDC on Thursday). It worked fine so I would suggest that. :)

I get out of bed...thats about it :-(

Lol...thats about the extent of my exercise regime at the moment too....:(:p Still lost 20lb's in 3 weeks though so its all good! :D

Im back at Uni next week though, so i'll be more active then...:eek:

Cat Bee x

I walk to work everyday, about 2 miles. i also do a yoga class and a pilates dvd at home a couple of times a week. I do ss+ on days that i burn those cals off, and stay on ss on days that i do nothing (which is hardly ever). I think my weight loss has improved with the walking cause the first 2 weeks i did nothing and did not loose as much.
you dont want to do too much cardio cause you can get really light headed but walking or swiming is fine. also, i highly recomend toning classes or dvd's to help your new body look fab and keep the saggy skin away.

Thank you all for your advice, I think I will do something low impact just to get me moving and have my shake after

Have half the shake before and half after, that's what my CDC advised and I haven't felt faint once. I slowly started out by doing some swimming and aqua aerobics and I have since been able to do quite a bit of cardio and some weight training. The trick is to listen to your body. Plus make sure you keep hydrated. I normally drink about a litre and a half when am at the gym.

sounds like a great tip of half before and half after :) will try that with swimming as I'm always starving after swimming even if I'm not dieting! lol

Back