How precisely do you weigh yourself

Starlight

Gold Member
Ive been seeing people report things like a 3.2lbs loss and wondered how precisely people weigh themselves.

I have to admit I only look at the lbs, I never note the ozs... just wondered what other people do... do many people actually count it so exactly?? :)

My scales only go in half lbs so that's how I weigh
xxx

I do 1/4s as that's what the scales do.

I had to buy some really expensive ones because at the time I started weighing there wasn't many scales out there that went high enough to cover my weight. So the ones I've got go up/down in .2's, they also tell me my body fat % and lots of other stuff too. I just record whatever they say =)

My scales count in 10ths of a lb, but I round up to the nearest 1/2 lb, then I feel like I get a little head-start for next week!

my scales weigh in 1/2 lbs so i round it up !

i dont usually count the half pound i usually round it to the nearest lb as when you record it on the diet ticker and edit your details then you have to do it in lbs but this week i weighed a day before and it said id lost 4lbs but then on my weigh in day it was just over 3lb so to make myself feel better i rounded it to 3.5.

I round up/down to the nearest 1/2lb as my LL counsellor did. However....I ALWAYS use the same tile in the bathroom, and place my big toes in EXACTLY the same position....oh, and I breathe out!?!?!? As they say "every little helps" :8855:

My scales measure in 1/4 lbs, but I tend to round up to nearest 1/2 lb.

yep me too with the loo and i make sure i remove as much clothing as possible. lol

Yep first thing in the morning, after loo stop, nowt on, scales in position and stand in same spot..... oh it is good to be a creature of habit!

i get on the scales hanging onto the sink then gently let go...... I find if i just bounce on them, they are less forgiving =)

1. Get up
2. Go to the loo
3. Go downstairs to make packed lunches for small army of hungry males (having washed hands first, of course!)
4. Make shake
5. Take it back upstairs
6. Step gingerly onto scales (hanging on to sink like Angie-Bum), hardly daring to breathe
7. Peep at the scales

Repeat steps 6 and 7 as necessary until I find a number I like!

My scales weigh in ¼lbs, but I wasn't sure how that would work on here, so I round ¼ lbs down and 3/4 lbs up to the nearest pound. My stress levels are going to go through the roof if I ever get a ½lb loss - won't know which way to go!

me too!

6. Step gingerly onto scales (hanging on to sink like Angie-Bum), hardly daring to breathe
7. Peep at the scales

Repeat steps 6 and 7 as necessary until I find a number I like!

haha, me too, it may take several attempts =)!

Back