HUBBY STRUGGLING ON TS

stevieo

Hi all

We've both started on our fat busting journey together & today is day 3. I'm doing ok because I can make up my own shakes/soups etc as & when I need them however MR is finding it harder due to his work

He works on building sites & will be gone from maybe 7am until 8/9pm at nite & of course it's physically very demanding. So far he's been having porridge for brekkie & taking a bar for lunch but of course if he's later getting home than he planned he may not have "dinner" until 10pm. He is drinking water throughout the day but I was just wondering whether he could have a extra snack during the day or a more substantial lunch to keep him going.....perhaps some chicken breast etc?? I suggested taking the shakes to make up on site but he didn't really fancy that idea!

So far he's lost 11lb in just over 2 days & at this rate he'll be slipping down the drainage pipes he's fitting & disappearing forever! Would it be the end of the world if he had a little bit of chicken during those longer days??

Thanks all x

Of course he can eat chicken breast. Thats ok in this diet.No carbs only protine. Good luck on your exante journey.

Of course he can eat chicken breast. Thats ok in this diet.No carbs only protine. Good luck on your exante journey.

Cheers Harry...he'll be delighted to hear that! I wasn't certain how much you could deviate on TS. I'll just make sure he understands that the chicken can't be coated in crispy, deep fried breadcrumbs!

There's no harm in trying, if he still loses weight adding in the chicken then he should go for it. Sounds like he has quite a physical job...he will probably need something extra to keep him going.

There's no harm in trying, if he still loses weight adding in the chicken then he should go for it. Sounds like he has quite a physical job...he will probably need something extra to keep him going.

Hi Lisaberry

It is very physical so that was why I thought it perhaps wouldn't too much harm to have a little protein based snackette during the day.

Ive been struggling without the extra protein of a chicken breast or eggs and i even had a steak one day. As long as it is low carb and protein to keep you full he should be fine. I also bought one of those mini pocket size cheddar cheeses yesterday to eat on the train (because i forgot the chicken) and that is a no carb snack for the lunchbox. And it tasted sooooooo good!! But, Im no expert as Ive just started! Good Luck!!

Doing such a physical job I'd add in an additional pack or def a meal (there's some on the exante website) I think diets are very personal at the end of the day and its all a little trial and error (some swear exercise helps with exante others say it hinders) I think the key is def not feeling guilty eating if its healthy portion controlled and your working towards your goals :D

Good luck

Lux

Ive been struggling without the extra protein of a chicken breast or eggs and i even had a steak one day. As long as it is low carb and protein to keep you full he should be fine. I also bought one of those mini pocket size cheddar cheeses yesterday to eat on the train (because i forgot the chicken) and that is a no carb snack for the lunchbox. And it tasted sooooooo good!! But, Im no expert as Ive just started! Good Luck!!

thanks....he's a stockily built guy & has been out of the house for literally 14-15 hours so much harder for him. He has been taking a portion of either chicken breast, prawns etc...with him to pick at during the day other wise I think he'd just flake out!

Doing such a physical job I'd add in an additional pack or def a meal (there's some on the exante website) I think diets are very personal at the end of the day and its all a little trial and error (some swear exercise helps with exante others say it hinders) I think the key is def not feeling guilty eating if its healthy portion controlled and your working towards your goals :D

Good luck

Thanks Lucy - I did take a look at the recipes & they seemed quite good. He's ok on an evening with having the TS sachets for dinner. He just needs some back up for the long afternoons/early evenings

If he is self conscious about people knowing he is on the diet and doesnt want his work colleagues to know (Im the same), maybe he could buy a mixer from amazon that is a gym type one for protein shakes/building muscles. The guys are might be less likely to care about a "protein shake"!

If he is self conscious about people knowing he is on the diet and doesnt want his work colleagues to know (Im the same), maybe he could buy a mixer from amazon that is a gym type one for protein shakes/building muscles. The guys are might be less likely to care about a "protein shake"!

Yes I did suggest that....I think at the moment he's just so stacked out during the day that he doesn't feel he's got time to do it!!! So he's currently taking a bar with him & then I make him a small ish protein based salad which he'll probably have around teatime...& then a soup or shake when he gets home, maybe 9pm ish

He did his 1st weigh in this morning & had done 12lbs so looks like all that work is helping!

Thats a brilliant weight loss!! I think it is amazing that he is doing all the physical work on so little food tho - his body must be used to the physicality! I sorted out the spare room on my first week of Exante and thought I was going to faint, lol! Well done him!

Thats a brilliant weight loss!! I think it is amazing that he is doing all the physical work on so little food tho - his body must be used to the physicality! I sorted out the spare room on my first week of Exante and thought I was going to faint, lol! Well done him!

Now he's doing my head in....2 weeks down & his lost 19lb & that's with taking a small lunch to work (mainly of tuna/boiled egg etc) to supplement his Exante whereas I'm only on 9lb total - its getting competitive !! lol

I'm the same, only 8.75lbs down and tomorrow is WI day. But when I did LL my loss was the same the first 2 weeks so I'm not worried, it'll come off.

Back