Total Solution HUNGRY

LVP123

Hello
Have been doing exante for 9 days, 100% no cheating except for Dr pepper zero. Have got ketostix and they say I'm firmly in ketosis... However I am starving and v dizzy. What's that all about? This morning I was so hungry I was nearly sick (you know that feeling the morning after a big meal when you have a drink of water and your body feels EMPTY) but then felt ok as soon as I've eaten. Also feel quite weak and weird sometimes in between shakes. I don't have any of these lovely ketosis side effects people talk about, except for smelly breath (hoorah!) lol

Anyone else experiencing this??

LVP some people find the diet easier than others. A lot of people who experience that bad bits give up, so well done for sticking with it. In my first couple of weeks I also felt dizzy at times. As far as I understand it, your body takes a while to get used to the lack of calories (I know for me, I was probably cutting down from around 2500 calories a day, suddenly to 600- big shock to the system) and it uses those precious few calories to keep your organs, muscles etc working so it can lead to low blood pressure, which makes us dizzy. I would also feel sick after eating my meals, this is due to the amount of minerals and vitamins in the packets which we're not used to.
Although I was showing as in ketosis after about 5 days, I didn't feel the effects of it until 10-14 days into the diet. It does take some time for your body to stop wanting more food.
Saying that, if you are really struggling or worrying about it (I'm not a doctor, only you know how your body feels and you have to listen to it) then perhaps consider adding a small meal that will keep you in ketosis, effectively making the diet working solution. Again, if you are worried, get a check up with your local nurse. Good luck, it gets easier I promise :)

Thank you saddlebag, I'm not overly worried as I will endure anything to get this weight off before I get married in 15 weeks! Just thought it was unfair that I don't get these lovely ketosis side effects lol.

It might take a while to feel the benefits. Ketosis is different for everyone. My big tip is don't rely on the ketostix- excellent indicator of dehydration but not entirely accurate when it comes to ketones!

I get what you're saying, unfortunately not everyone does get the feelings of euphoria, fullness and energy when in ketosis. It never happened for me last time and it's not happening for me this time. I just got used to the hunger pangs. I also get dizzy and feel dreadful at times. I had an awful day yesterday (day 6) and did end up eating protein foods.

I learned to live with it but never did exante longterm (5-6 weeks last time irrc) and plan to do about the same this time. I probably could do it for longer if I got the nicer ketosis side effects.

I've been doing Exante/S&S off and on since September last year, and I'm sorry to say that I've never felt the positive symptoms of ketosis such as euphoria and lack of hunger.
What I do notice is that ketosis gives me added willpower. For instance, the past couple of weeks I've been off and on the diet like a yo-yo (for planned breaks, not because I've given in to temptation). When I've been on plan, I've been totally starving and the cravings have been out of control. Obviously I never got into ketosis so that's to be expected.

Now I've been back on plan for a full 7 days, I'm still hungry quite a lot, my belly rumbles when I'm coming up to mealtimes, and I'm not exactly full of energy, but I'm not finding food such a challenge.
The last couple of weeks I've been virtually counting down the hours until I could have 'real' food. Now I feel that I could carry on indefinitely with the diet. That's the difference for me - ketosis is just a little helping hand with the willpower!
I'd love to be one of the people who feels great when they get into ketosis though!

Back