Hurry up SW own brand foods!

I tend to run a mile at specifically branded products as they tend to be overpriced! As I don't go to a group but do SW online I haven't tried the hifi bars but aldi's ones that at a HE B are scrummy.
Never ever buy ready meals cos they are always far to salty for me - I like crisps with no salt chips with no salt etc. And for treats and snacks doing a quick sum to work out syns is hardly taxing.

So not fussed if SW bring out thier own range of stuff unless they send me free samples I'll be leaving em on the shelf in the shops.

It might be nice just to have a few sw ready meals on standby when the precooked and frozen meals I've made have ran low, but tbh before SW I couldn't cook...I was a disaster (and that's being polite). I can now cook, and it tastes pretty good, even if I do say so myself :D x

It might be nice just to have a few sw ready meals on standby when the precooked and frozen meals I've made have ran low, but tbh before SW I couldn't cook...I was a disaster (and that's being polite). I can now cook, and it tastes pretty good, even if I do say so myself :D x

Yes thats the kind of thing I'm on about... I cook all the time from scratch, but sometimes you just want something handy when you've had a hard day.......:)

No, I wouldn't buy SW ready meals, I prefer to know exactly what I'm eating, I'd settle for the magazine coming out every month

If I had to name ONE thing about SW that has made it work for me it is that I no longer buy this kind of $hit :rolleyes: I have learnt how to actually cook healthy stuff that tastes a million times better than the crappe-in-a-packet. Need something quick and easy when you're in a hurry? Thats what the freezer's for. Every night I just make more than I need, bung it in a box, shove it in the freezer. Sorted. Lunch? Starving? Cant be bothered to cook? 10 mins in the microwave.

ermintrude said:
If I had to name ONE thing about SW that has made it work for me it is that I no longer buy this kind of $hit :rolleyes: I have learnt how to actually cook healthy stuff that tastes a million times better than the crappe-in-a-packet. Need something quick and easy when you're in a hurry? Thats what the freezer's for. Every night I just make more than I need, bung it in a box, shove it in the freezer. Sorted. Lunch? Starving? Cant be bothered to cook? 10 mins in the microwave.

Couldn't agree more! Don't know why anyone would want to eat a ready meal :yuk: home cooked is MUCH better and MUCH tastier!!! :)

sarah5298a1 said:
i would probs buy them once to try but not something i would buy on a regular basis as i think ready meals are a rip off even when they're on offer i have a freezer full of sw ready meals that i have made myself for a low price all in one portion sizes in takeaway containers -lasagne, chilli, spag bol, curry, soup..... to name a few xx

I agree :0) and I'll keep my opinions to myself next time :eek:)

I would love HiFi to be available in the shops. But I am quite glad they aren't at the same time. It would be lethal. I was bad enough when I was attending group..

Returns to fence and perches carefully upon it...

I think the fact slimming world doesn't have a brand so to speak makes me love it more, it is all about unprocessed food and making meals you love from the basics, it is what healthy eating should be and making you aware of what you are actually eating. :) (My opinion only) x

I agree :0) and I'll keep my opinions to myself next time :eek:)

It's not a case of keeping opinions to yourself, you started the thread - we weren't all going to agree, you must have guessed that! Starlight's first post said it all.....

It's one of those contentious topics, a lot of people are all for it, a lot of us wonder why on earth it is necessary.

I couldnt of said it better, I love cooking and eating fresh produce, if i wanted a diet that i buy a frozen additive laden meals of name id be doing weight watchers lol

I think the fact slimming world doesn't have a brand so to speak makes me love it more, it is all about unprocessed food and making meals you love from the basics, it is what healthy eating should be and making you aware of what you are actually eating. :) (My opinion only) x

Have to admit, although I love the HiFi bars (particularly the new Peanut Heaven variety :drool:), I don't think I'd really be interested in a SW food range.

Before SW I followed WW. I know WW works for some people, but for me it didn't teach me to eat healthily - it taught me that I could eat as much cr*p as I wanted as long as I stuck to my Points/Pro-Points. I'd never cook fresh meals when I was following WW, I'd always eat the processed ready meals. I easily got bored of these, dropped the plan all together and piled back on the weight - hence why I ended up on SW.

Now on SW, I'd say probably more than 99.9% of my meals are fresh and homemade from scratch - so much more tasty and nutritious! IMO, WW rely on a lot of their profits coming from the convenience foods they supply which, again, IMO are overpriced and a waste of money - there are plenty of other options out there, I just don't see the point in paying double the price for something which has a the name "Weight Watchers" branded over it and the points already worked out (for those who follow WW). The only exception I make to this are the WW Tortilla Wraps - at 5 Syns they're half the Syns of some ordinary tortilla wraps, and not something I could personally make from scratch at home.

I love SW the way it is, and don't really want to see it going down the same route as WW.

You know WW promote the very same principles as SW. Healthy eating and cooking from scratch. Their ready meals like all the other branded ready meals are there for CONVENIENCE. They're not a recommended part of the diet. They're an option they're not what most people who successfully do WW have

Weight watchers is not about processed food and constant snacks the way so many people think. WW actively encourages members to cook just as SW does

If people choose to use their points on Ready meals and junk food then they're not following the principles of WW. It's like someone on SW only eating pasta and sauce, super noodles and mullets. Yes it's sticking to the plan in a way but it's not how SW recommend their diet is followed

This constant misconception about WW drives me nuts

vanessal said:
I couldnt of said it better, I love cooking and eating fresh produce, if i wanted a diet that i buy a frozen additive laden meals of name id be doing weight watchers lol

Ww isn't just about ready meals and stuff tho, they encourage people to cook from scratch, in the same way sw do. They offer their range of food to compliment the good plan but it by no means is the main focus.

Back