Hurt Again!

Mom38

Silver Member
My body just keeps getting peed off with me.
I just did Zumba twice last week and didnt do too much high.

Then did Glow and again...not too much high intensity.

I do the stretches as I know they are important.

This time I have hurt my left ankle...it feels puffy and I am having to be careful on the stairs Im taking ibuprofen for it and once again...I am going to have to stay away until the pains gone so I dont risk anything worse.

This is frustrating me so much. I love music and dance. I have good quality trainers (Reebok with memory foam thing in)...my feet are wide so im restricted on trainers I can buy. I have good gymwear...or I think I do. I have the Sundried and Baeleaf Capri pants which I have heard are "supportive/compression" wear.

Of all the things I thought would give me jip I thougt it would be my back but thats relatively fine.

Anybody off some words of wisdom please as I dont want to stop.

PS....I also drink plenty of water before and after and have even tried taking ibuprofen beforehand.

That is really frustrating. I totally understand. I was trying to get back into swimming but I have such a bad shoulder injury that it is not working out so well.

I would consider getting a wider shoe. Nike just allowed that option on their new Pegasus 35 running shoes, they allow you to select the width along with the size which is great for me. I recommend that and possibly getting a slim ankle brace to help out with the compression (as you mentioned) and the stability of your ankle. Good luck!

Back