I can't see the difference :(

LittleFlutterby

Fluffy lil flutterby :)
I had a photo taken just now to compare against one i had taken about 1.5 months ago and i just can't see anything

and im poopy at doing the "2 pictures next to each other thing"

imma try it....but why cant i see the difference?

logically- i know im smaller- i can fit into size 20 jeans when the first picture, even though i was wearing loose size 26's i was a loos-ish 24, not fitting into 22's

i thought with comparison shots i'd be able to see *pouts*

does anyone else have trouble noticing, even with evidence such as pictures?

Link to picture since i dunno how to upload a picture up onto a thread

maybe its the clothes im wearing- they're so different in the 2 pictures

*sigh*

gah i dunno. i just think that if i ever get to a size 12, then i'll still think i'm a 26 or something :\

*rant rant rant*

Can definately see a difference! :) have you done your measurements? Well done so far-keep it up xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

oh thats a thought...i could do my measurements- i wrote them down in my sw book....just need to find out where my mum hid the tape measure.

i think im just feeling a bit disheartened....i know that the big losses arent going to keep going, and i have such a long way to go :(

that and im feeling really fat today- no physical reason- just feeling fat...and blah :(

little_bubblez said:
oh thats a thought...i could do my measurements- i wrote them down in my sw book....just need to find out where my mum hid the tape measure.

i think im just feeling a bit disheartened....i know that the big losses arent going to keep going, and i have such a long way to go :(

that and im feeling really fat today- no physical reason- just feeling fat...and blah :(

I did mine and was gobsmacked! I'd lost 10" just from my hips!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

me thinks i didnt measure my hips or bust right~

ive lost 3 inches off each thigh (i knew that anyways), 4 1/2 inches off my waist, 1 inch off my bust and nothing off my hips :s

i really need to do some upper body exercises for my back and chest (maybe swimming :\)

I don't think baggy t-shirts helps :) But I can definitely see a difference :D Great work.
Your face and neck look slimmer and more definition showing in the shape of your face.

I don't think baggy t-shirts helps :) But I can definitely see a difference :D Great work.
Your face and neck look slimmer and more definition showing in the shape of your face.

now you mention it....

it does seem that i have one or 2 less "chins" in today's picture- lol.

thanks :)and i agree- i'll stick with reasonably well-fitting clothes next time, lol

Hey bubblez.. You started and are currently round about where I am and I know what u mean, I still feel bleurgh sometimes when I look int the mirror. I'm gonna be honest and say that if u had worn a more fitted tshirt in your first picture we would have been able to tell the difference in your shape more.. However look at your face! Pls don't be offended but you dont have a double chin anymore and can soo tell you've lost weight from your face :) x

I think even when we are a size 12 we will still have bleurgh days hun. Just think of the healthy changes you have to looose those inches & feel proud of yourself.

I found an old diary from when I was 17, I wrote "I'm 9stone 3 and I feel so fat, fat, fat,!" I'm 5ft 8 so I was borderline healthy/underweight!! So I think everyone has odd pictures of themselves in their heads IYSWIM?
I can see an improvement!

Hi there

I can see a difference :happy096:

When you do your measurements -don't just do a "strike it lucky" -top, middle, bottom... I do

1. bust
  2. under bust
  3. annoying roll between above waist
  4. waist
  5. belly
  6. hips
  7. thighs
  8. calf
  9. knees
  10. arms
:giggle: -OK so it seems extreme but its amazing how all those bits make a difference -especially when the scales don't always say what we want ;)

I have to give a :clap: to kingleds as she is so right about thinking how much healthier you must be. Im not expecting a big loss this week -even though I have done 5hrs of badminton and 2 swims 1 of 70 lengths and 1 of 90 - but Im really not bothered what the scales say as I feel amazing and KNOW that Im getting healthy -plus Im toning up at the same time :D

Oooh and have you kept any of your biggest clothes? especially the ones in your first photo? if so then try them on when you do your photos and you will see how they hang off you ;)
Ok I will stop rambling now.. keep up the great work....

I can tell a difference in your photo, your face definitely looks much better :) Its just the baggy T shirt in pic 1 hides everything so you cant compare.

I cant really tell the difference in pics of me either but I know Ive changed size as some clothes that didnt used to fit are baggy now. I think its just the sort of clothes we wear - baggy stuff to hide all the bulges! The first pics I took I wore a maxi dress but then you cant see *anything*! So I took a pic of myself a week or so ago in a short dress and tied it round my waist so I could see my legs and my waist. Ive set it in my diary to do it every month.

I ought to measure myself again, I think Ive got some measurements from my hips waist and boobs from when I was looking for clothes a year or so ago.

I can definately see the difference in your face. Well done!

oops- i keep forgetting to reply >_<

Thanks all :) i have bdd, so i suffer with a terrible self-image. even when i was a size 6, i though i was fat, so i hate looking at myself in mirrors and in pictures.

i'm going to stick to taking measurements since thats the most accurate :) and any pictures i take, i'll stick to wearing the same kind of clothes :) no more baggy clothes lol

I think that the baggy clothes in the first picture are misleading which means you can't instantly tell, but you can definitley see a difference in your face.

Don't worry, I've lost almost 4 stone going from a size 14/16 to an 8/10 and still look in the mirror and think I look fat and can't see a difference. It's only just in the last week when I've put together before and after pictures of me wearing the same clothes that I have realised how much I've lost and how different I look.

Thanks all :) i have bdd, so i suffer with a terrible self-image. even when i was a size 6, i though i was fat, so i hate looking at myself in mirrors and in pictures.

It seems a lot of us were like this, including me :( I thought I was so fat from the age of about 10. Now I know I am fat. I look back and see how stupid I was but then family never helped... Had a terrible mother...If she was feeling fat then I had to go through it too, if she was taking pills, I had to as well and so on.
Plus people saying I had Thunder thighs didn't help. To me that meant I was fat too...

Hey Bubblez,

Nearly two stone down I can't see any difference either. BUT I live with my parents and last week my mum said she could really see it. Sometimes it takes other people to point it out to us. It said that it can take up to a year for your brain to really register the change in ourselves.

But I can really tell. Look at your wrists/lower arms and your lower face, they're so different. Chin up. We all have fat days but we have to trust the scales!!

xx

Back