I dont seem to be able to get my head around it....Few questions

RugbyGirl

Ok, so I was on the cambridge diet this time last year. I did SS for 4 weeks and then moved up the steps. I kept the weight off well, better than I thought. My eating habits changed but then I had a bit of a personal upset as well as a rugby injury which resulted in an operation leaving me static for 6 weeks and without excercise. I was a steady weight at 11.4 when I came off the CD.

I went to a new CC a week and a half ago and weighed in at 11.11 (gutted) so decided to SS it again. I was so determined after feeling grossly huge and wanted to feel comfortable again. I am on day 12 and I am struggling. I have cheated 1 with a piece of chicken and some corguette and now I feel so guilty. I stuck to it religiously last time and I am more focsed now, I just dont know what is wrong with me.

I also dont have a clue about the changes? Eggs / Prawns are allowed? I dont want to Yo yo diet as I am only 24 but I really want to suceed.

Please help, I am feeling, cold, hungry and pretty lonely today x

That's not cheating...that's SS+ as far as I know (could be wrong so please feel free to correct me). You put on a little weight after an injury which is perfectly acceptable. Everyone has a little gain after being stuck on their butt for so long. I certainly did!

You're just having a bad day and a little TLC is in order. I recommend hot shower and a movie with tea :) You've done this before so you know you can do it again :D Just get those bold thoughts outta your head and you'll be grand. I know what you mean about yo yo dieting as I'm 22 and this is my first and last diet :D

You can still just do SS as always however to do this your CDC must write to the GP for information only as SS is below 600 cals these are the new rules.

If you do not want your CDC to notify your GP you must then do the SS+ programmes either 4 shakes and 200ml skimmed milk or 3 shakes and 200 cal meal (similar to the AAM) this equates to 615 cals.

You can however opt to do SS+ anyway as you may wish to have the skimmed milk or extra pack.

You can also have three packs and skimmed milk, however, the GP would still need to be notified as this would fall under 600 cals. This is not a set programme please discuss with your individual CDC.

Please note that carb sensitive people may find the addition of skimmed milk can slow weightloss and break ketosis.

A VLCD (under 800 cals) can only be used for 12 weeks then on week 13 you have to move up to 810 which is a LCD.

SS+ is still a VLCD.

You can also now stay on SS for the 12 weeks continuously then add food in week 13 then continue for another 12 weeks or until BMI 25 is reach which is the point at which 810 has to be introduced.

The foods for the SS+ are as listed in the New Pink and Blue booklet, these are however the same as those listed for AAM in the Old Pink and Blue booklet.
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...source-sole-source-addition-skimmed-milk.html

Choose one portion of protein-rich food from the list below:

Protein Options

250g plain cottage cheese (5% fat)
325g reduced fat cottage cheese (less than 2% fat)
175g chicken breast without skin/fat
275g white fish fillet, eg cod, haddock
260g canned tuna* in water (drained)
190g fresh tuna steak*
275g quorn pieces/mince (V)
250g prawns
2 large eggs (V)
210g regular or 400g of firm tofu (V)
80g dried weight red lentils
225g canned chick peas, drained
70g dried weight soya beans
80g dried weight chick peas

The skimmed milk allowance should be 340mls (misprint in book)

Plus

Vegetable options

3 tablespoons in total of any of the following

Green salad leaves such as rocket, lambs lettuce, watercress, radicchio, little gem or romaine lettuces
Celery, cucumber or red radishes
Courgettes, marrow, Brussels sprouts, kale, turnip tops (the green leafy part not the actual turnip) broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage including pickled)
Mushrooms
Chinese leafy greens such as pok choi or Chinese cabbage
Spring onions, green peppers, spinach, asparagus, fennel and celeriac

Plus
340ml skimmed milk.

Remember - No oil to fry (steam or poach). Don't add salt, but herbs, pepper, balsamic or lemon juice are ok. Use fat free salad dressings.

Also please note Page 15

'Smoked Haddock with celeriac and roasted vegetables'

This should be plain haddock NOT smoked haddock due to the high salt level in smoked haddock.

Plus
3 Cambridge meals regardless of height, gender or ethnicity

Enjoy :)http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...n/142380-810-options-updated-21-3-2010-a.html

I see eggs and praws are allowed...I hope the information above helps.:confused:

Thank you, that was amazing!!! x

Thanks for posting that, Mini - wavey, long time no speak. Just to clarify: that second quoted part in Mini's post #3 is Step 2/810 Calories, rather than SS+.....

RugbyGirl - have a chat with your new Consultant. There's no need ever to "cheat" on Cambridge - you simply make a decision, day by day, when needed, to move up to the next Cambridge plan, and then back down again. Easy, eh? Good luck!

I can't give any constructive advice as I'm in the early stages of SS and DAREN'T think of anything else but I agree you need some TLC. Is there anything you can do that isn't food orientated to spoil yourself? xxx

RugbyGirl - have a chat with your new Consultant. There's no need ever to "cheat" on Cambridge - you simply make a decision, day by day, when needed, to move up to the next Cambridge plan, and then back down again. Easy, eh? Good luck!

Yay. My mate here talks mucho sense :) Well done for making good choices with the chicken and courgettes. Genius :clap:

So what food can you have on SS+ please? I am confuseld.....

Back