I Get Married Tomorrow :0(

Have a lovely, happy day. Lots of people get married in Registry Offices with just a few guests.
I had never wanted a big showy wedding so my OH and I got married in a Registry Office with just 20 guests to the meal, then we had an evening party in the pub.
It's still the best wedding I've ever been to. I wasn't stressed and actually enjoyed my own wedding.
I bet you'll have a lovely day and I wish you both luck and happiness in your marriage.

Oh hunny, I dont really know what to say. It makes me feel so sad that you feel this way the night before your wedding? You should not be embaressed or ashamed.. I think you know what is most important. As youv said, youd walk down that aisle in a bin liner if you had too, all for your oh.. and if he's marrying you, im certain that he loves you.. all of you, for all that you are.

if your guests.. because thats what they are, guests, have a problem with it.. then quite frankly they dont have to be there.. at the end of the day.. its all about you and your wonderful oh.. and i recon tomorrow, you wont even remember what your guests look like.

Your going to have a beautiful day, and you will have a fantastic life together.. your relationship, your married life isnt on showcase on your wedding day for others to judge.. it just you and him, sharing that special moment where you let the world know just how amazing you both are together..

push those nasty feelings to the back, and enjoy YOUR day. I'm sure you look absoloutly stunning in that dress. Beauty isnt defined by the clothing you wear. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CONGRATULATIONS your getting married!!!! when your hair & make up is all done & your in your dress you will be looking fantastic, your hubby to be loves you & you need to love you, this is one day in your life to enjoy, forget about everything else, please do take some photos of your happy day, even if its shoulder height, this is your day & you will regret not having a photo later on, enjoy your wedding day xx

Hey beauty, chin up! Please don't be down, he loves you to want to be with you for the rest of his life, through thick and thin, no pun intended! See your marriage as a new beginning, be positive, feel the lurrrve ;) And hey, you can always renew your vows once you reach target, plan the lovely wedding you wanted with the guests you wanted and the meal and the pictures as a way to take your mind off hunger and other things that may get you down in your day, then you can step into your fairytale dress and be a princess for your prince without a care in the world :)

I think I speak for everyone reading this thread when I say we will be with you in your heart tomorrow, all through your day.. We shall scoot off quietly when you hit the sack though :p hehe! Just try and get some sleep, think positive thoughts, and remember - we all want to hear about your day when you get back online! Revel in married bliss for as long as possible honey xxx

Congratulations for tomorrow. Please try and enjoy the day! We got married in a registry office with only about 15 guests. I know it wasn't what my family wanted but it was OUR day and I wasn't comfortable with the huge white wedding thing. We all had a meal in a pub afterwards, no it wasn't big and flash and expensive but it was lovely, honestly!

I know you don't feel like photo's now but maybe think about giving someone a digital camera and just see what happens? That way you are the only people to see them once you get home and can decide if you want to keep them. I think you'd be more annoyed in the future if you don't have any even if they aren't perfect. Just something to think about...

Perhaps in the future if you still feel like you'd like the great big thing with everyone around then you could do something special but don't let how you feel right now ruin tomorrow.:)

Thank you SO much to all who've offered some positivity!! I feel much better after reading about others who've only had very small weddings and said they were the fantastic so I really do feel much brighter about it now!! Thanks - it is lovely to have people to pick you up when you're down :) My OH says we should have pictures as we will regret it if we don't so perhaps one or two won't hurt (and may inspire me to lose weight lol!). Our closest friends will be there and some wonderful family members too and obviously me and OH so that is what matters. I've been to weddings where the bride is terminally ill and on a special license so when I think about that and about all the other poorly people out there I am the luckiest person alive. Thanks ever so much guys - I really do appreciate it!! :love: Now I must wax my legs and get the gloss paint off my hands (Yes I spent the night before my wedding painting cupboards and a front door!)

Congrats Thistimeisdifferent! I agree with everything that had been said so far, all that is left is for me (another Yorkshire lass) to do is wish you and your chap all the very best for today and your life together xxx

ENJOY! XXX

Last edited:
oh hunny come on your marrying your soulmate!!!! I was 22 weeks pregnant when i got married and a size 28! And i hated the way i looked BUT i dont even think of it now. I am married to the most amazing man and you will think that too!
Its you who hes marrying not the day! x

Recipe for a Happy Marriage

1 Cup of Consideration
2 Cups of Praise
1 Small Pinch of In-Laws
1 Tablespoon of Contentment
1 Gallon of Patience
2 Tablespoons of Flattery
1 Cup of Encouragement
A dash of Faith and Trust

Take love and loyalty and mix thoroughly with faith. Blend in kindness and understanding. Add friendship and suprise, stirring well. Fold in passion alternating with an abundance of laughter. Bake with sunshine and rainbows. Garnish with forgiveness and thoughtfullness. Serve daily with generous helpings.

YIELD: Serves 2 for a lifetime.

Think about.....

how down you would be if you were overweight, single, lonely and nobody loved you!!!!

now thats something to be positive about, you should be thinking your the luckiest girl ever!!

You never know in a few years when you have a bit more money and you've lost more weight you could have a little renew your vows ceremony with all your friends there and you could buy the drinks !!!

Have a good day and stop worrying about what other people

carla
xxxx

Carla xxxx

Do you love him?
I'm guessing yes.
Does he love you?
Must love you very much .
What's more important,being valued by someone you love and trust or being skinny and having noone.
I know what I'd choose!!!
Kick up the bum coming your way. We all get down about being big but its time to wipe yourself down,shake yourself up and be happy.
Also sending you hugs and wishing I was there cos I love a good wedding.You lucky girl,just think how many others are soooo jealous of what you have. Go and give him a hug and your biggest smile cos you've bagged a good one.xxxxxxxx

Hope you had a beautiful day MRS!

Back