I just want to scream.....(worms!!!)

hexe

I spent half of this day crubbing and crubbing. My son told me he had an itchy bum this morning, and when I checked, I saw a threadworm (without going into too much detail :eek:) Sent hubby to the pharmacy, got a family pack of Ovex and started scrubbing absolutely everything. I am now so exhausted, I could cry. I know there are loads of things that are a lot worse, but it is just creepy knowing there is something breeding in my son's intestines. Would anybody know any herbal remedies that may help warding them of in the future. A friend mentioned inserting garlic into the backside :)eek:) every know and then as a precautionary measure - not sure about that :D

Jill xx

Hi Hexe, Just abit of info from Googling

Hygiene measures Medicine will kill the worms in the gut, but not the eggs that have been laid around the anus. These can survive for up to two weeks outside the body on underwear, bedding, in the dust.
Hope you are able to get things sorted.

Thanks. Been hoovering, washing and scrubbing all morning. Just the idea of having those eggs floating about - :sign0137:

aww sorry to hear this hun, i have a daughter and i would be exactly the same as you! did u find out any ways in which to prevent it happening? xxxx

You seem to be doing everything you can to get rid of the pesky eggs. There must be a spray you can use on the bed etc. to kill off the eggs. Have you thought of asking your health centers practice nurse ??

Thanks for your lovely replies xx
A friend of mine is a pediatric nurse and she said all I could do I had already done, like washing, hoovering, scrubbing and cutting everybody's nails short. My mum believes that eating a lot of pickled foods, like herring and gherkins would be beneficial.
I have found this:
How to Treat Threadworms | eHow.com
Under "Treating..." point 6, they say that high fibre foods are good, as they keep a person "regular" and eating no or a minimum of sugar would pretty much starve them horrid things, as they feed on it.

Awww, bless you! One of those normal, albeit traumatic, childhood things! Ihope medicine kicks in soon, that all your scrubbing has been effective and that you can have a rest today xxx

Back