I knew this would be a struggle BUT NOT THIS BAD :-( Any advice?

chelseaharvey

Hi i was wondering if anyone had any advice, i can't be the only one that has struggled with this

I thought i would start the CB diet as i have seen photos of people & know it works it is also the quickist thing to do to lose weight.

I am going on holiday on 10th June so about 10 weeks & at the mo am scared about getting into a bikini.. I am so disgusted/appaled with how i have let myself get over the past 3 years i have gained over 3st & a overall 36inchs all over.

I would like to lose 40lbs by 10th June not sure how achievable that is. Or even to be 7lbs off that goal

However with how things are going at the mo i am really struggling. I started this diet on thurs (5 days ago) but as of yet have not managed 1 day on it :(

I have tried the

Vanilla shake - way to sweet & i could not even drink 1/2 of it

Just had a chocolate one in the cartons, the texture is horrible, it doesnt taste great & i could only manage just over 1/2 the carton :(

Tried the cinamon & apple porridge this morning VILE 2 mouthfuls

The strawberry one is not much better. The only one i seemed to drink the most of was the mint chocolate one...

I knew this was going to be hard but not this hard. I am such a fussy person as it is, but thought that i would like some of the shakes, some i have found just to powdery, even though im blending them up for a good minuite. I tried adding ice into the vanilla one this morning so it was nice & cold. I have tried frothing them up..

I cant even manage 1 full day let along 12 weeks doing this :cry:& i could not drink the choc mint ones day in day out

I am really really struggling with this, at the mo 5 days on & not managing 1 whole day u feel like im wasting my money.. I have weigh in on weds & know lbs are going to have gone on.

I have tried adding more water but it makes it seem even more to drink :-(

Help anyone got any suggestions. I so badly need to shift this weight, i have tried slimming world, weight watchers. My problem is im a binge eater only in the past few years was never like this before but this is why i am in the state that im in

HELP!!!!

Oh hun, I don't really know what to say. The porridge tastes slightly better if you add a sweetner tablet into the hot water before mixing it. I'm not a big fan of it myself but it does taste better with sweetner. Have you tried the soups if the shakes are too sweet for you? I'm really fussy too and at one point I was literally living off the chocolate and chocolate mint shakes, but gradually I've got better at drinking other flavours and now I like pretty much all of them. I kind of see them as medicine as apposed to food (or MacDonalds milkshakes - which is what I used to compare them to at first - I was never going to succeed thinking like that lol).

I don't really know what else to suggest, maybe talk to your CDC about it at your weigh in I'm sure she'll have come across this before. Good luck xx

I drink my powder shakes through a straw, trust me, it really does make a difference! In 'normal' life I do not like milk or shakes really so this is my way of managing them! I always add more water than it says, plus a handful of crushed ice, whizz it in the blender and job's good.
As for the ready made tetras - well, initially I couldn't stomach them but now I put the straw at the back of my tongue and drink it that way, very quickly! I found the banana one grim but can cope with the strawberry and chocolate. I know some people pour the chocolate one into a mug and add hot water to make a hot choc, haven't tried this myself though.

It is a hard diet. I am sat here in a hell of a state cos my hubby and son are eating pizza and I badly want some. However, one day when I have lost some of my weight I will be able to have it again.

I should add...I don't like many of the shake flavours (never tried soups, they just don't appeal). I have chocolate tetras, strawberry tetras and chocolate mint shakes. I am on week 6 now so I have some of the bars too but whereas I used to love the toffee one I am fast going off that too!! With this diet your tastes do change as you go on so don't feel defeated just yet x

Ooh Jan, I'm going to try that too, just for a change, thanks xx

Oh God, seriously I could NOT drink one from a glass at all, bleurgh! Tried it once and decided there and then that I was never doing it again lol! Straws do it for me ;)

With this diet your tastes do change as you go on so don't feel defeated just yet x

I totally agree with that, I went through a phase of just having soup and now I can't stand any of them. But then again I used to hate the peanut and cranberry bars and now I love them.... I've been through so many different phases with it all it's hard to keep track of what I like lol... There's no explanation for it either, so stick with it Chelsea.

I'm really fussy too and at one point I was literally living off the chocolate and chocolate mint shakes, but gradually I've got better at drinking other flavours and now I like pretty much all of them. I kind of see them as medicine as apposed to food (or MacDonalds milkshakes - which is what I used to compare them to at first - I was never going to succeed thinking like that lol).

;) I must admit that was the thought that crossed my mind when i first tasted a shake was that they were not like the Mcdonalds thick shakes or even Friji milkshakes LOL

I drink my powder shakes through a straw, trust me, it really does make a difference! In 'normal' life I do not like milk or shakes really so this is my way of managing them! I always add more water than it says, plus a handful of crushed ice, whizz it in the blender and job's good.
As for the ready made tetras - well, initially I couldn't stomach them but now I put the straw at the back of my tongue and drink it that way, very quickly! I found the banana one grim but can cope with the strawberry and chocolate. I know some people pour the chocolate one into a mug and add hot water to make a hot choc, haven't tried this myself though.

I have tried this with a straw & it just seems to taste powdery. I thought that drinking it through a straw it would go quicker & i would see the glass amount go down (but it has not happened)

When i had the mint one i thought that would taste nice in the evening as a hot drink.. Adding more water just makes it seem so much more to drink.. Actually when i had the mint one on day 1 i added more water, maybe that is what i need to do add some more water to weaken the taste.. Have not tried wizzing the ice up as well

I am not a fan of shakes myself ie i dont like milk really thats why i dont eat cereal i just have milk in tea

I should add...I don't like many of the shake flavours (never tried soups, they just don't appeal). I have chocolate tetras, strawberry tetras and chocolate mint shakes. I am on week 6 now so I have some of the bars too but whereas I used to love the toffee one I am fast going off that too!! With this diet your tastes do change as you go on so don't feel defeated just yet x

Why do you have the tetras? is it because it is already made for you & you dont have to mix it up. Just shove the carton in your bag & away you go?

Hey guys, new to this from today.
Don't worry chelsea your not the only one struggling!
I was on it for two weeks and lost just over half a stone, unfortunately caved in and had a chinese last night! (whoops)
Back on day 1 today and dying!
I do find the choc tetras a god-send, i put them in a big mug and add hot water, tastes just like hot chocolate and really fills me up.
I tried the strawberry shake before but found they tasted too powdery, i cant understand how people drink them.
I find the apple and cin porridge good too as it feels like i'm eating something.
Good luck chelsea, i hope you manage to get into it.

Yes - I have the Tetras for convenience sake. I can't 'eat' first thing in the morning, so I pop one in my bag and take it to work and then I have it around 1030/11am. I am going away for a week and wont have facilities to blitz shakes in a blender, so I'm taking a mixture of strawberry and choc tetras and bars (only allowed 1 bar a day).
I don't drink hot drinks anyway, but like you I don't have cereal cos I don't enjoy milk. Most days I am fine with my shakes but occasionally I do feel a bit sicky.
The thing is, I guess my hatred of my size/lack of self control spur me on and I know I wont be having them forever, it's a means to an end, and the results speak for themselves. In 5 weeks I have dropped the best part of 2 stone. I find some days harder then others but I have a few things that keep me focussed (most of the time!). More than anything, I am sick of being 'the fat one'. It's amazing how someone my size - starting weight of just over 17 stone - can be made to feel invisible. I'm sick of it, I want to be noticed, I want to be seen for who I am, not judged on initial assessment (ie, fat, not worth talking to).

I don't know what else to suggest regarding your shakes really. It's a shame you haven't found one that you get on with. I hated the porridges too, ick!

Sorry to hear you are struggling! I must confess that I hate - hate - hate the soups and anything hot - makes me balk! I really like the chocolate/choc mint particularly. The cappucino and toffee and walnut I add some extra coffee to and they are like a strong coffee late.

As I am week 2 - no bars yet but have to perserver. Good luck and I hope that you find something that suits.

Daisy xx

I must admit I like the tetra's, all of them and they're perfect for me to take to work. I got so sick of having to explain myself everytime I got the blender out in the staff kitchen!! Now no one even notices that I'm having a shake and not real food. It also means that if I want to go to the canteen with the others I can just go without having to first whizz my shake. So much easier!!!

I wouldnt despair lots of people dont like the products at first but as others have said, think of the meals as fuel not food. I tell my little nephew its my medicine and in someway thats true..im giving my body the vitamins and minerals it needs whilst i lose weight. And I second the straw thing big time... i always have my shakes with ice and a straw and wouldnt want them any other way! My best friend started CD about a month ago (i have been on it 6 months nearly) and at first was texting me saying 'oh my god how are you doing it..the shakes are gross', but your taste buds do change when thats all you are having! now she is like..mm i like this one and that one! But of course its not the same as real food, its not meant to be mores the pity because its real food that leads to my food addications/emotional eating that leads to weight gain! No danger of comfort eating a load of CD shakes!
On a final note i think CD is amazing and the best diet I have ever done, even though i lose the weight a bit slower than most (am on SS+) am still so so happy with the results and it does get so much easier once you are a few days with it! So stick with it if you can.

Hi chelsea! I started with 3 stone to lose and lost 2 and a half stone in 8 weeks!! I did it 100% and lived on 3 choc mint shakes every day!! They are the only ones I like!! I thought I could shift the last bit alone but I was wrong and know I am back :( !! Good luck!! Keep your goal at the front of your head and also the reasons why you are doing it! I find writing it down helps! My focus is my wedding on 31st July this year :) !! Good luck xxx

have you tried the shakes hot? the vanilla one with a teaspoon of coffee is like a vanilla latte, and the chocolate one is nice hot as well. also they are better if you blend them in a blender rather than just mixing, the strawberry one is nice blended with some ice in

now im going to be of no use as i have 3 choc mint shakes a day with maybe a choc bar once in a blue moon

for me i have to make my shake with at least 400ml of icey cold water and i make em in a shaker bottle, counts as exercise right?

I must admit I like the tetra's, all of them and they're perfect for me to take to work.!!!

All of those that take these shakes in a carton do you just shake & drink from a straw or put it in a glass?? Add more water???

Do you put them in the fridge to keep them cold or just drink them at normal temperture?

All of those that take these shakes in a carton do you just shake & drink from a straw or put it in a glass?? Add more water???

Do you put them in the fridge to keep them cold or just drink them at normal temperture?

I just drink them straight from the carton with the straw, if I remember I put it in the fridge when I get to work - no one has ever stolen one, they're too scared of them lol. They're nicer straight from the fridge.

They're less powdery than the powder shakes, but still aren't as tastey as the full fat Frijj and MaccyD's. They taste slightly like Nesquick. To me they're a lifesaver and I always get them every week, my CDC has them ready and waiting for me lol.

Back